Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022

Go down 
+9
Troublezone
SideShowDisaSter
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
Required Fields
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
Fat Freddy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2022 6:30 am

More episodes of All In The Family season 1
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2022 11:52 pm

Episodes of season 5 of Night Court
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2022 10:52 pm

"PCU" (1994)

Tommy, a dorky high-school senior, arrives at Port Chester University for a weekend tour, and his host is "Droz" (Jeremy Piven), a seven-year senior and resident of "The Pit," the raunchiest party house on campus. Soon Tommy is caught up in helping the Pit gang fight battles on several fronts - against the University administration who wants to throw them off campus, a Yuppie fraternity called "Balls and Shaft" led by David Spade, and various other ultra-Politically Correct groups (Feminists, vegetarians, hippies, gays, etc.). Fortunately, a massive blowout party may be just what all these warring factions need to come together!
This underrated campus comedy is essentially "Animal House" updated for the Nirvana age, but it's funny as hell, with great performances by Piven and future MCU mainstay and "Mandalorian" director Jon Favreau (as "Gutter," a grunge-rock dork with Layne Staley dreads). "PCU" went un-noticed during its theatrical run, but has become a cult item in the years since. It's actually kinda scary how it predicted our current hyper-sensitive, "woke" society!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2022 9:15 pm

"The Batman" (2022)

A mysterious killer known as "The Riddler" is murdering Gotham City's most powerful people, leaving cryptic notes for the Caped Crusader at each scene, which he must solve before things escalate into a full scale terrorist attack on Election night.  
Robert "Twilight" Pattinson is the latest actor to step into the Bat-cape and cowl, and surprisingly he does a decent job in this gritty, almost too-dark detective thriller. I like his portrayal of Batman better than his Bruce Wayne, who he plays as a mopey, emo douche.
The action sequences are impressive but overall the movie is simply too damned long at just a hair under three hours(!). The first 90 minutes are great but it eventually starts to collapse under its own weight.
Not terrible, but I doubt I'll ever feel compelled to revisit it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2022 10:34 pm

Various episodes of MASH Season 7.

007 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18928

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2022 5:41 pm

Monday Night Raw
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2022 2:56 am

Hostel: Part III(2011)-a group of friends go to Las Vegas to throw a bachelor party for one of their buddies. They start out having fun, only to be kidnapped by an "Elite Hunting Club" and each end up murdered in various, gruesome ways for other people's entertainment. This third installment of the series doesn't have Eli Roth directing and is slightly less gory as the first two, although there is still plenty of the rest stuff to be found. If you enjoyed the first two, you'll probably like this one. Not bad.2/5
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2022 6:15 am

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Stranger Things season 4
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2022 9:08 am

"Spies Like Us" (1985)

Two bumbling government employees (Chevy Chase and Dan Aykroyd) are promoted to field agent status and sent off on their first globe trotting mission. What they don't realize is that they're only decoys, meant to distract the bad guys so the real spy team can complete the actual mission -- to launch a Russian nuclear missile in order to test a new satellite defense weapon.
A fun Cold War comedy inspired by the old Bob Hope/Bing Crosby "Road To..." movies (Hope himself has a brief cameo), loaded with quotable bits and slap-sticky action. Aykroyd and Chase make a great team.
Fun fact: the movie's theme song was written and performed by Paul McCartney. Director John Landis thought the song was terrible, but said "you don't say 'no' to Paul McCartney."

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2022 9:32 pm

"Bulletproof" (1996)

A dim witted small time crook (Adam Sandler) is shocked when he's suddenly arrested by his "partner" and best friend (Damon Wayans) who's actually an undercover cop. After a stint in jail, Sandler agrees to go state's evidence against a major crime boss (James Caan) and Wayans is assigned to bring him into protective custody. Naturally, the two "frenemies" end up bonding all over again as they face off against a seemingly endless series of hit men and professional killers trying to rub Sandler out before he can talk.
I never pictured Adam Sandler as an action movie type, but he almost pulls it off in this enjoyably dumb, mostly forgotten shoot'em up comedy in the "Bad Boys" or "48 HRS." vein.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2022 1:01 pm

More episodes of Stranger Things season 4
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2022 9:37 am

Finished the first part of Stranger Things season 4

Started the 3rd season of The Boys
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2022 10:39 am

"Mel Brooks: Make A Noise" (2013)

The comedy legend looks back on his 60+ year career in show biz in this "American Masters" documentary from PBS. Loaded with interviews from friends, co-stars, and associates and full of classic clips from Mel's catalog like "Young Frankenstein," "Spaceballs," "High Anxiety" and of course "Blazing Saddles." An entertaining trip down memory lane.

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2022 11:45 am

Smackdown
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 9:49 pm

"Lake Placid" (1999)

A New York paleontologist is summoned to rural Maine, where a giant, apparently prehistoric crocodile has taken up residence in a local lake and is munching on residents. It's a pretty basic creature feature plot that we've seen dozens of times before, but "Lake Placid" is elevated by its witty script (by TV writer David E. Kelley, of "Ally McBeal" and "L.A. Law" fame), and a great cast that includes Bridget Fonda, Bill "Independence Day" Pullman, Oliver Platt, and a hilariously potty mouthed Betty White. Followed by a seemingly endless parade of cheap, crappy direct-to-video sequels. This is the only one in the series that's worth a spit.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 10:18 pm

I remember how pleasantly surprised I was by Lake Placid the first time I saw it.  You're exactly right, it's a standard creature feature we've all seen a million times but the script is really tight and Betty White is hilarious. And the scene where the gator essentially "eats" a helicopter is great.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2022 11:25 am

Soaring Highs And Brutal Lows. A documentary about female singers in metal. Doro, Floor from Nightwish, Simone from Epica, Anneke from The Gathering and more are featured telling how they got into music, their musical training and the up and downs in their careers.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2022 11:12 pm

Got caught up on the Boys season 3
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2022 8:26 am

"The Jesus Music" (2021)

Documentary on the history of Contemporary Christian Music (aka CCM), which began with the so called "Jesus Music" movement of the late 60s (when hippies started bringing electric guitars and amps to worship services) and eventually turned into a full blown multi billion dollar industry with its own record labels, magazines, award shows, etc., etc.
Interviewees include Amy Grant, Michael Sweet, the guys from DC Talk, Michael W. Smith, REZ Band, and more. I would've liked to see more about Stryper and the CCM Metal genre, of course, since that's more in my particular wheelhouse, but that's probably a whole 'nother documentary right there. I'm not particularly religious but I enjoy a good music doc, and this flick is a decent overview of a side of the music biz that many don't even realize exists.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2022 6:37 am

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Ms. Marcel
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2022 5:16 pm

"A Clockwork Orange" (1971)

Set in a dystopian future England, the leader of a savage gang of street punks (Malcolm McDowell) is chosen for an experimental treatment that will hopefully remove his violent ways and make him a productive member of society. It doesn't quite work out that way.
Stanley Kubrick's artsy ode to "Ultra-Violence" was pretty strong stuff in its day, and it's still a weirdly watchable (and quotable) cult classic all these years later. As Alex himself might say, it's "real horrorshow, oh me brothers."

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2022 9:59 pm

"Robowar" (1988)

A team of commandos on a rescue mission in the jungle gets picked off one by one by a high-tech, unseen hunter.
...sound familiar?
This absolutely shameless ripoff of "Predator" from Italian schlock kingpin Bruno Mattei  replaces Schwarzenegger with Reb Brown and the Predator with a malfunctioning military robot, but otherwise it's pretty much the same movie, done on 1/100th of the budget and with 10 times the suck. Hilarious Eurotrash action junk.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2022 10:18 pm

Once you've seen A Clockwork Orange you never hear "Singin' In The Rain" the same way again.  Now if I hear that song all I hear is "I'm siiiiiingin' in the rain *oooph* ...just siiiiingin' in the rain *oomph*"

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2022 12:29 pm

Some episodes of Married With Children.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2022 1:38 pm

Alligator (1980)

Another one of those movies I've always wanted to see, but never have until now. Robert Forster stars as a burnt out cop investigating disappearances/deaths in the sewers of Chicago. While investigating, he discovers the cause is an immense alligator grown to huge proportions due to feeding in illegally dumped carcasses involved in growth hormone experiments. A local herpetologist (the lovely Robin Riker) is called in to help capture the beast. A fun movie, made to satirize the cliches of the genre, that actually has some good effects for the gator.

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022 - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies. TV) 2022
Page 11 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next