Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MUSIC HAUL 2021

Go down 
+12
Gilbert
James B.
Witchfinder
nevermore
manny
Required Fields
tohostudios
exact33
Eyesore
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 6:35 pm

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
manny wrote:
Lou Reed/John Cale/Nico- Le Bataclan, Paris Jan. 25, 1972
Jethro Tull- Ten Great Songs ( I did not need a cheap comp from Tull but it was 50 cents )

I'm curious about what ten songs are on that Tull disc.  I most likely have them but I'd like to know what some record company considered ten "great" songs from Jethro Tull.  Personally I'd have a really hard time whittling the Tull catalog down to only ten great songs.  I can find ten between Aqualung, Songs From The Wood and Heavy Horses alone.

I looked it up on Amazon and they don't have a track listing.

According to Discogs :

https://www.discogs.com/Jethro-Tull-10-Great-Songs/release/8407531

Geez, three of them are live tracks; I hate when "best of" comps do that.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 8:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Arcade - Cry No More (promo CD single)

Awesome song

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 8:23 pm

The Owsley Stanley live 5 CD live box set of New Riders of the Purple Sage
The Crescendo of Dusk EP by Panopticon
Action!- The Sweet Anthology

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 10:14 pm

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
manny wrote:
Lou Reed/John Cale/Nico- Le Bataclan, Paris Jan. 25, 1972
Jethro Tull- Ten Great Songs ( I did not need a cheap comp from Tull but it was 50 cents )

I'm curious about what ten songs are on that Tull disc.  I most likely have them but I'd like to know what some record company considered ten "great" songs from Jethro Tull.  Personally I'd have a really hard time whittling the Tull catalog down to only ten great songs.  I can find ten between Aqualung, Songs From The Wood and Heavy Horses alone.

I looked it up on Amazon and they don't have a track listing.

According to Discogs :

https://www.discogs.com/Jethro-Tull-10-Great-Songs/release/8407531

Geez, three of them are live tracks; I hate when "best of" comps do that.

As do I.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2021 1:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
New arrivals from Stormspell.

These were actually supposed to be my last pickups of 2020.

I placed the order during Stormy's Black Friday sale back in late November (!) so they spent just over month trapped in the U.S. Postal Service system.

According to the tracking info, which I have been following the entire time with no small amount of amusement, they were shipped from California on Dec. 12th, and made it to New Jersey on the 26th. Then for some reason they took a side trip to Massachusetts (?) for four or five days before being sent back to New Jersey this past weekend, and they finally arrived at my house today.

Better late than never, right? Laughing very hard

The Outer Limits - World Metal Domination
Moshpit Justice - Justice Is Served
Mortyr - Rise of the Tyrant
Horror Piknik - Speed Metal Is Alive

Did you ever see the post about some fishing tackle I ordered early last year?

"On the USPS website, it shows that it left PA on May 2, arrived in Springfield, MA, on May 3, then Providence, RI, the same day. It was in Wareham, MA, the following day, then Vineyard Haven, then Brockton the next day. Back to Providence on May 6, then back to Wareham the same day. Two days later it’s in Boston, then back to Providence on May 9, then back to Wareham on the same day. On May 10 it was “in transit to next facility,” which apparently was Wareham again, where it showed up the next day. From there, back to Boston, then to Providence, then back to Wareham, then Vineyard Haven again, and now finally at 9:44 AM today the USPS attempted to deliver it...in Edgartown, where I do not live."

"Since I first posted this, my little jerkbait sat in Edgartown until the evening of May 13, where it departed and arrived in Boston just before midnight. There is stayed for two days, when it was sent back down to Providence, then back to Wareham, and then back to Boston, all in the same day, May 15.

There were no updates until 6:26 AM this morning, when a miracle happened and it arrived in Taunton, and was ultimately delivered to me at 2:36 in the afternoon. "

Unreal. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2021 1:13 am

New stuff:

Doomstress - Sleep Among The Dead
Earthen Grave - Earthen Grave
Ghost Next Door, The - A Feast For The Sixth Sense (w/Bonus Tracks)
Kingnomad - Mapping The Inner Void
Kingnomad - Sagan Om Rymden
Kingnomad - The Great Nothing
Lincoln Durham - The Shovel Vs. The Howling Bones
Nixons, The - Sonic Boom
Subterranean Masquerade - The Pros & Cons Of Social Isolation

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2021 2:21 pm

The Poppin' Wheelies
Michael Schenker's Temple of Rock - S/T
Michael Schenker's Temple of Rock - Bridge the Gap
Michael Schenker's Temple of Rock - Spirit on a Mission

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2021 5:59 pm

exact33 wrote:
The Poppin' Wheelies

MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 25679

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2021 6:06 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
The Poppin' Wheelies

MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 25679

different year - same Toho spending my money Laughing very hard

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2021 6:18 pm

Hey, at least I'm spending my own money in the process. \'arry \'eadbanger

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2021 8:12 am

tohostudios wrote:
Hey, at least I'm spending my own money in the process.  \'arry \'eadbanger

somehow that is not a lot of comfort!

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 3:12 pm

Pounder - Breaking The World
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 12:43 am

New.

Alta Reign - Mother's Day
Bloody Hammers - Songs Of Unspeakable Terror
Brothers Of Metal - Emblas Saga
Evergrey - The Atlantic

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 11:55 am

Armored Saint - Punching The Sky (Digipak cd)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 7:08 pm

Eyesore wrote:
New.

Evergrey - The Atlantic

Like all the videos you post, I gave that track a shot figuring that based on the name I'd hate it. I actually kind of like that song. I'm not quite sure about the switch of vocalists between the verses and chorus (I like the guy on the verses and the woman on the chorus sounds a little weak) but it's an interesting sound. And it has a memorable melody which is always important in my book.

The video is cheesy as hell and reminds me of Manowar but I just stopped watching and listened to the music. I like it. Need to investigate this band.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 8:47 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Hey, at least I'm spending my own money in the process.  \'arry \'eadbanger

somehow that is not a lot of comfort!

I cost you money and Eyesore costs me money.  Just bought the Brothers Of Metal download. I really liked what I heard on Youtube; reminds me of early Blind Guardian but with mixed male/female vocals.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 12:56 am

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
New.

Evergrey - The Atlantic

Like all the videos you post, I gave that track a shot figuring that based on the name I'd hate it.  I actually kind of like that song.  I'm not quite sure about the switch of vocalists between the verses and chorus (I like the guy on the verses and the woman on the chorus sounds a little weak) but it's an interesting sound.  And it has a memorable melody which is always important in my book.  

The video is cheesy as hell and reminds me of Manowar but I just stopped watching and listened to the music.  I like it.  Need to investigate this band.

Oh yeah, their videos are wicked cheesy. I watched a bunch of their videos when their first album came out and really enjoyed them but never bought the album. When I stumbled across this one the other day, I still really dug the tunes, so I ordered both.

Usually I'm not so impressed with the whole viking metal thing, though I do enjoy a number of those bands. These guys are far more memorable than most and downplay the goofiness that seems to be inherent in a lot of the bands in that "genre."

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 1:01 am

Been finding some good deals on Discogs lately.

Aldebaran - Buried Beneath Aeons (EP)
Brave - Monuments
Brave - Passages (EP)
Brave - Waist Deep In Deep Waters (EP)
Indesinence - III
Indesinence - Neptunian (EP)

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 1:17 pm

Bryan Adams - Waking Up The Neighborhood
Stevie Ray Vaughn - The Sky Is Crying
Stevie Ray Vaughn - Texas Flood
Stevie Ray Vaughn - Greatest Hits
Van Halen - 5150
David Bowie - Changes
REO Speedwagon - Hi Infidelity
Whitesnake - Trouble
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 6:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
New.

Evergrey - The Atlantic

Like all the videos you post, I gave that track a shot figuring that based on the name I'd hate it.  I actually kind of like that song.  I'm not quite sure about the switch of vocalists between the verses and chorus (I like the guy on the verses and the woman on the chorus sounds a little weak) but it's an interesting sound.  And it has a memorable melody which is always important in my book.  

The video is cheesy as hell and reminds me of Manowar but I just stopped watching and listened to the music.  I like it.  Need to investigate this band.

Oh yeah, their videos are wicked cheesy. I watched a bunch of their videos when their first album came out and really enjoyed them but never bought the album. When I stumbled across this one the other day, I still really dug the tunes, so I ordered both.

Usually I'm not so impressed with the whole viking metal thing, though I do enjoy a number of those bands. These guys are far more memorable than most and downplay the goofiness that seems to be inherent in a lot of the bands in that "genre."

I'm really digging this album. Reminds me so much of "Nightfall"-era Blind Guardian. Does the other album sound like this?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2021 8:10 pm

Konquest - The Night Goes On
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2021 12:25 am

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
New.

Evergrey - The Atlantic

I'm really digging this album.  Reminds me so much of "Nightfall"-era Blind Guardian.  Does the other album sound like this?

I haven't gotten it yet, still in the mail, but the videos on YouTube say it's just as good.

There are like three videos from that album on YouTube. Great songs, all of them, even "The Mead Song," which tends to be the kind of "viking metal" song I usually find goofy.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2021 12:31 am

I went to Newbury Comics one time last year. Stopped in again today, picked up these, all were $3.99 apiece. Good haul.

Anti-Flag - Mobilize
Breeders, The - Cannonball (CD Single w/Non-LP Tracks)
Breeders, The - Divine Hammer (CD Single w/Non-LP Tracks)
Breeders, The - Safari (EP)
Children Of Bodom - Hexed (w/Bonus Tracks)
Insomnium - Heart Like A Grave
Lionville - Magic Is Alive
Rivers Cuomo - Alone II: The Home Recordings
Weezer - Weezer (Black Album)
Weezer - Weezer (White Album)

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2021 10:52 pm

Man, hit up a record shop yesterday and another today. Just a random thing today, saw an In Your Ear Records while dropping something off to a friend. Besides the Raging Slab LP, which I ordered online, I picked up all of the rest there for $3.99, except the Grave Digger which was $5.99.

Crown, The - Possessed 13 (2CD)
Ded - Misanthrope
Fiona - Squeeze
Firewind - Immortalis (w/Bonus Track)
Grave Digger - Ballads Of A Hangman (w/Bonus Track)
J Mascis & The Fog - More Light
Raging Slab - Sister Slab And The Boogie Coalition: Vol. I (12" LP) (304 of 515)
Scrawl - Bloodsucker (EP)
Scrawl - Nature Film
Scrawl - Velvet Hammer
Smashing Pumpkins, The - Perfect (CD2 Single w/Non-LP Tracks)

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2021   MUSIC HAUL 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 11:45 am

some recent items:

UFO
UFO 1
UFO 2: Flying
Phenomenon
Force It
No Heavy Petting
Lights Out
Obsession
No Place to Run
The Wild, the Willing and the Innocent
Mechanix