Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coronavirus

Go down 
+27
Leatherface
manny
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
glassprison
nevermore
Hadley
ZombieHavoc
mikeinfla
Lari
Wrecked Neck
scottmitchell74
Gilbert
Citanul
James B.
Lurideath
Required Fields
tohostudios
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Glower
corplhicks
Boris2008
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Coronavirus - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 10:04 pm

That's exactly what I thought of with your list that's essentially what it is . HOM SWAP!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 11:05 pm

Quote :
Lone Justice - Anthrax
Boy, I read that backwards.

I'm a big fan of the BAND Lone Justice and I thought "'Anthrax', I don't remember that song..."

So I searched on YouTube and found the track you're actually referring to.  I figured out my misreading about 2 seconds after the song started.  Laughing very hard

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 12:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Quote :
Lone Justice - Anthrax
Boy, I read that backwards.

I'm a big fan of the BAND Lone Justice and I thought "'Anthrax', I don't remember that song..."

So I searched on YouTube and found the track you're actually referring to.  I figured out my misreading about 2 seconds after the song started.  Laughing very hard

Haha, I thought people would be confused by the Mass and Steeler songs as there are other bands of the same name in the world. I have the German band Mass on the want list, and have a couple of the German band Steeler in the collection. I am sure guys like Gil, Lari, and Witchfinder already own their whole discog angry But, not enough time and money as the saying goes!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 2:21 pm

I thought you were referring to this Lone Justice:

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 5:59 pm

I'm watching the update from the President and his task force.  He started by saying "I want to give you the latest on the...China virus..."

He's saying that out of spite now; you can tell by the way he pauses for emphasis before saying it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3169

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 7:12 pm

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 7:48 pm

Good on Rob!

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 9:36 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm watching the update from the President and his task force.  He started by saying "I want to give you the latest on the...China virus..."

He's saying that out of spite now; you can tell by the way he pauses for emphasis before saying it.

Yeah I backed him yesterday because China were being ridiculous trying to shift responsibility to the US but now he seems to be doing the same thing.

Wherever it started this now a global crisis. There are now reported cases in every populated country on Earth barring three. North Korea, Libya and Mali (Whose numbers are 100% reliable I guess Rolling Eyes ) are the only countries not affected by this so maybe the leader of the free world should quit trying to start fights and get on with his job.

Hopefully things will get better in NYC soon.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 10:07 pm

Really, at this point what difference does where it started make?  And there's certainly no value in pissing off the Chinese authorities considering how many of the drugs and reagents (not to mention actual goods) the US not only buys from China but RELIES on.

Good grief, stop antagonizing them for no good reason; knock it the F off already!  Calling it "The China Virus" at this point in time does NO ONE any good; you can go back to doing that once this shitstorm is over.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 11:34 pm

I'm now off work for the time being. Only life sustaining businesses are to be operating. Grocery stores (naturally), pharmacies (naturally), Home Depots and Lowes (doesn't make sense) and beer distributors ( lol! ) all are able to stay open.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 12:21 am

007 wrote:
I'm now off work for the time being. Only life sustaining businesses are to be operating. Grocery stores (naturally), pharmacies (naturally), Home Depots and Lowes (doesn't make sense) and beer distributors ( lol! ) all are able to stay open.

I am due to be key worker during any lock down but there have been some discussions about my medical history. (asthma, high blood pressure, and childhood whooping cough plus being overweight)

None of these on their own are serious enough to keep me away but the combination is a concern to everyone including me but on the other hand I am one of the top 20 people in terms of operational knowledge and experience in a workforce of over 1000 people in what will be a vital public service.

My company have been really good and have told me that if I feel my safety is under serious threat then I can self isolate for 12 weeks (which will be reviewed at the end of that period) on full pay without it threatening my job at all.

I have said that I will stay for now but will make a telephone appointment with my doctor and take her advice, particularly in the event of a total lock-down as that will mean the virus is rampant.

My job doesn't give me the option to stay out of the way, I am here there and everywhere in a building that has on average 500 people at any one time and I'll come into contact with the other 500 as well so if I stay, my chances of catching the virus is high.

I guess it's pretty lucky that I can park my ass on the sofa and keep myself safe but if the threat to my life or long term health isn't high then it doesn't seem right.

I guess I just need to take medical advice don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 1:26 am

Well the wife just got tested for it tonight. She's been sick for weeks with pneumonia. But she's been getting better for the past 3 of 4 days late last night she started feeling bad again, and today it was worse. She had a temperature of 103, coughing, chills and throwing up. Only major symptom she doesn't have is shortness of breath, which is amazing since she suffers from asthma, and is always short of breath. Tested negative for the flu, but the main test takes 3 days for results. Wish us luck. I'll let y'all know when I know.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 1:47 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Well the wife just got tested for it tonight. She's been sick for weeks with pneumonia. But she's been getting better for the past 3 of 4 days late last night she started feeling bad again, and today it was worse. She had a temperature of 103, coughing, chills and throwing up. Only major symptom she doesn't have is shortness of breath, which is amazing since she suffers from asthma, and is always short of breath. Tested negative for the flu, but the main test takes 3 days for results. Wish us luck. I'll let y'all know when I know.

Fingers crossed for you both buddy.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 10:20 am

tohostudios wrote:
Really, at this point what difference does where it started make?  And there's certainly no value in pissing off the Chinese authorities considering how many of the drugs and reagents (not to mention actual goods) the US not only buys from China but RELIES on.

Good grief, stop antagonizing them for no good reason; knock it the F off already!  Calling it "The China Virus" at this point in time does NO ONE any good; you can go back to doing that once this shitstorm is over.

For as much as I normally don't like Pence, he has been a lot better during this situation. I would feel a lot better were he leading things right now. Even his ability to answer softball questions from the press without attacking them is somewhat reassuring.

Trump's naturally combative personality is definitely a negative in a global crisis. Sure, watching him make fun of Rubio in the republican primaries was kinda funny. Doesn't really help things now.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 1:56 pm

Don't want to fire things back up...and I wish Trump would back off a little...but for what it's worth I think his "Chi-nah!" is directed at the press and not really China. The press accuse him of being racist constantly and he's digging at them. SO, I think both sides should back off in the name of this global situation.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 2:00 pm

Good luck getting Trump to back off. Ha.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 2:13 pm

His last few tweets today are something else too. Ha. Man.

It's like, the dude had maybe one chance to show he's actually capable of something other than calling people losers and giving rich people money. But nah.

Mental decline. Jeez.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 2:20 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:

Best of luck buddy. My wife is a doctor and she handles lots of patients daily, in addition to being in operating rooms for hours. I am always worried about her.

Keep us posted.

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 5:02 pm

Wrecked Neck - Take care! That's scary. Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 5:37 pm

Apparently, this is a real time info on the progress of the virus.

Just click on your country:

https://www.covidvisualizer.com/
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 7:05 pm

Lockdown in the U.K.

All but absolutely essential shops (food & medicine) closed. All playgrounds, parks, places of worship; libraries closed. Weddings, Christenings etc. cancelled (funerals still permitted)

People ordered to stay indoors enforced by police. People must work from home if at all possible. People allowed out ONLY for exercise (run or walk) once a day alone. shopping (must be kept to a minimum) or medical reason. No-one to congregate more than two people in public places.

People most at risk not to leave home at all for 12 weeks.

I'm still at work but have spent the whole day working on prevention and control measures which are pretty extreme. We will now only be providing the essentials of life and our stores have closed beauty sections and will concentrate on health & pharmacy.

Fuck this got very real very quickly! Shocked
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 7:33 pm

007 wrote:

I believe it's because they are considered some sort of shelter because they sell generators, propane, and other "supplies" that are essential during storms, so the same logic applies here in a global pandemic. I guess.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 7:36 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:

Will do, brother.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 7:43 pm

the sentinel wrote:
007 wrote:

I believe it's because they are considered some sort of shelter because they sell generators, propane, and other "supplies" that are essential during storms, so the same logic applies here in a global pandemic. I guess.

I've been scheduled to have my windows replaced for about a month and a half.  Today I called the company to see if we're still on.  The woman on the phone said yes because they are considered an "essential service" because they're in "construction".  Oh give me a F'n break!.  Replacement windows are "construction"???? 

I thought about it all day and I'm calling tomorrow to cancel it.  They can just sit on my windows for however long it takes for things to return to normal.  I'm not letting a bunch of people I don't know who go into the houses of other people I don't know come into my house.

Last edited by tohostudios on Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 7:43 pm

We took some more measures at the bank today to combat the spread. All lobbies are closed and any meetings with bankers are appointment only and with only one person at a time. Also, only one person on the teller line and one customer at a time. They (corporate) sent out a guy to put up a plexi glass partition on the counter of the teller line. And we had to put 12x12 boxes made of electrical tape on the floor, 3 feet apart, where customers are to stand. We also ordered 250 pens so that customers can just take it with them if they have to sign a check or other documents. Hours have also been reduced to where I am only working about 22 a week, but thankfully being paid for 40. We are also being encouraged to take mental health day as well as sick days if need be with no corrective recourse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus
Page 10 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: