Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crawl To China

Go down 
+12
Damien Solta
Tall Tyrion
Hamer12
GrandNational
mc666
candlemass
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
stepcousin
T-Roy
Rex
DallasBlack
16 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Crawl To China Empty
PostSubject: Crawl To China   Crawl To China Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:14 am

Okay, am I the only Tourniquet fan in the world who actually likes this album? Almost every review I hear tears this album to shreds. Sure, it is not the thrash we all know and love from these guys but is it really such a horrible album? Crawl To China, White Knuckleing The Rosery, Imaginary Friend, If Pigs Could Fly, Tire Kicking, Claustrospelunker, and Crank The Knife are, IMO, good hard rock songs with a dose of metal thrown in. As a matter of fact the only song I really can't stand is America (Bats is not that good but I do find it pretty catchy). Maybe since this was only my second Tourniquet album during a time when I was trying to get a hold of only Christian music (Christian metal was hard to find so I developed a taste for SOME non-metal Christian music) I am less biased than someone who followed them through their career.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Crawl To China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawl To China   Crawl To China Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:21 am

I like it ok enough. But its definately not my first choice when I go to pull out a TqT album to listen too.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Crawl To China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawl To China   Crawl To China Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:30 am

Yes, you are. lol!
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Crawl To China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawl To China   Crawl To China Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:51 am

I like C2C very much alot, but having been a fan since 1990, I have always felt that the '94-98 years were kind of a lul, maybe they had to find themselves again. Every band seems to go through a period where they just arent themselves, ya know. I do love the two tracks on Collected Works alot, and I like Vanishing Lessons and the Carry e.p., but theyre last couple albums are definately back to the legendary stuff IMO.
Overall, they have had a great musical career, legends in christian metal.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Crawl To China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawl To China   Crawl To China Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:59 am

Crawl...had a few good moments, but I ultimately had to trade it off...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Crawl To China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawl To China   Crawl To China Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:07 am

It's ok. Not my favorite Tourniquet release. It has some good songs and some I don't like at all.

ult

Crawl To China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawl To China   Crawl To China Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:21 am

I've been with Tourniquet since they were called Holy Danger back in the 80s! I love them. "Crawl to China" is a good album. I still have my copy and do listen to it from time to time. Perhaps it's my least favorite album from them, but I still like it!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Crawl To China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawl To China   Crawl To China Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 12:03 pm

It was the first one I picked up by them, I like it a lot!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Crawl To China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawl To China   Crawl To China Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 12:58 pm

i haven't liked a Touniquet album since POD.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Crawl To China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawl To China   Crawl To China Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 1:37 pm

I think if the album didn't have two of the slower songs and the instrumental at the end, it would actually be better. When I burned my original I took the songs "If I was There," "The Tell-tale heart," and "America" out and it became a much more compact and enjoyable listen. 12 songs at a bit of 50 minutes vs. 15 songs at close to 70 minutes makes a big difference.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

Crawl To China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawl To China   Crawl To China Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 1:40 pm

I like it well enough, I'll listen to it before Vanishing Lessons.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Crawl To China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawl To China   Crawl To China Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 2:23 pm

Not my fave either, but a good album. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 112

Crawl To China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawl To China   Crawl To China Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 4:20 pm

Fourth favorite, after WMRD, MVTR, and VL. (i love White Knuckleing The Rosery).
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Crawl To China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawl To China   Crawl To China Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:40 pm

I like the songs "Envoleped in Python" and "White Knuckling the Rosary" but overall it's a dud.
Back to top Go down

Crawl To China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawl To China   Crawl To China Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:25 pm

My favorite Tourniquet album will probably always be "Stop the Bleeding". They raised the bar too high for themselves with that debut.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Crawl To China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawl To China   Crawl To China Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 8:38 am

Thanks guys (except T-Roy), now I don't feel like such a loser for liking this album.
lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

Crawl To China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawl To China   Crawl To China Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 1:11 pm

It's a good album!

🤘
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Crawl To China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawl To China   Crawl To China Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 8:50 pm

Not a bad album at all.I listened to it alot when I first got it.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

Crawl To China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawl To China   Crawl To China Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 1:07 pm

It has it's moments. I think it's a decent listen.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Crawl To China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawl To China   Crawl To China Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 11:10 am

mc666 wrote:
i haven't liked a Touniquet album since POD.
ZING!!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Crawl To China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawl To China   Crawl To China Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 3:29 am

Re-release coming soon: http://www.tourniquet.net/store/
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

Crawl To China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawl To China   Crawl To China Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:11 pm

I like the music pretty well. It's much better than Vanishing Lessons. The album cover was awful (but kinda clever).
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Crawl To China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawl To China   Crawl To China Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:37 am

I'll be getting it since I sold the original one years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crawl To China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawl To China   Crawl To China Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crawl To China
Page 1 of 1