Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MUSIC HAUL 2020

Go down 
+12
MetalGuy71
Gilbert
Lari
ZombieHavoc
Required Fields
the sentinel
tohostudios
manny
nevermore
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 2:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Screamer - Highway Of Heroes

I fell a couple albums behind on these guys. That new one any good?

I like it. But at the same time this is the first cd of theirs I've bought.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 6:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
As I mentioned in another thread, the local music/book store was having a post-virus grand re-opening/sidewalk sale today. Fifty cent CDs? Don't mind if ah do! Very Happy

Dunno yet how many of these will be keepers and how many may end up on my trade pile, but I gotta say it was pretty damn satisfying to walk away with a heap this big for about seven bucks:

Starz - Live In Action
Styx - Brave New World and Cyclorama
Whitesnake - Slip of the Tongue
Various - Best of '80s Metal Volume One: Bang Your Head
The Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks 1964-1971 (2 CDs in fat-boy case)
Cheap Trick - Busted
Paradise Lost- One Second
Firehouse - 3
Queensryche - Q2K
Ozzy Osbourne - Ozzmosis
Boston - Walk On
Aerosmith - Get A Grip
Soul Asylum - ...And The Horse They Rode in On

...plus, I got an old issue of the hair-metal magazine "Faces Rocks" from 1988 with stories on Kiss, Barren Cross (!) and the breakup of Dokken! Laughing very hard

Now if you'll excuse me, ah gots me some major listenin' to do... :cheese:

Happy listenin' FF!

I'll be curious to see how you feel about those two Styx CDs.  I'm pretty iffy on them myself; there are certainly some decent songs on both (more on Cyclorama) but overall I find both pretty lacking.

I like that Aerosmith album too but I haven't listened to it in ages. And The Stones are...The Stones..you either like them (I love them!) or you don't so that should bee a good listen too.

After that...good luck.

Still, that's a great haul for around $7.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 7:27 pm

Quote :
I'll be curious to see how you feel about those two Styx CDs.  I'm pretty iffy on them myself; there are certainly some decent songs on both (more on Cyclorama) but overall I find both pretty lacking.

I've never been more than a casual Styx fan anyway, I mainly grabbed those two cuz you don't see too much of their latter-era stuff out in the wild. For what it's worth, I really liked the Return to Paradise live CD that preceded these two albums, but I haven't had time to dig into either of the new ones yet to see if they'll be keepers.

By the way.. what's with the album cover and booklet photos on Cyclorama with all the carrots? Am I missing some kind of symbolism there? Very Happy

Quote :
I like that Aerosmith album too but I haven't listened to it in ages.

This is actually the 3rd time I've owned Get a Grip, haha. I bought it as a new release in '93, but never listened to it much, so at some point I traded it off. I bought another copy at Goodwill a couple of years ago but it was a scratched up skipping clusterfuck, so I canned that too. Time will tell if this copy sticks around Laughing very hard

Quote :
And The Stones are...The Stones..you either like them (I love them!) or you don't so that should bee a good listen too.

Once again, I've never been much more than a casual Stones fan but Hot Rocks seems to have all the radio stuff and "hits" that I do like. So I figured, I was gonna own a Stones album, this seemed like the logical one to have Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 7:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I've never been more than a casual Styx fan anyway, I mainly grabbed those two cuz you don't see too much of their latter-era stuff out in the wild. For what it's worth, I really liked the Return to Paradise live CD that preceded these two albums, but I haven't had time to dig into either of the new ones yet to see if they'll be keepers.

By the way.. what's with the album cover and booklet photos on Cyclorama with all the carrots? Am I missing some kind of symbolism there? Very Happy

Quote :
I like that Aerosmith album too but I haven't listened to it in ages.

This is actually the 3rd time I've owned Get a Grip, haha. I bought it as a new release in '93, but never listened to it much, so at some point I traded it off.  I bought another copy at Goodwill a couple of years ago but it was a scratched up skipping clusterfuck, so I canned that too. Time will tell if this copy sticks around Laughing very hard

Quote :
And The Stones are...The Stones..you either like them (I love them!) or you don't so that should bee a good listen too.

Once again, I've never been much more than a casual Stones fan but Hot Rocks seems to have all the radio stuff and "hits" that I do like. So I figured, I was gonna own a Stones album, this seemed like the logical one to have Very Happy

Much to Mick Jagger's annoyance that is one of their best selling albums in their discography, for the reason you stated, all the early radio hits in one place. The reason it annoys him, is because this collection was put out by the label without the band's consent and it has continued to sell for the last 49 years
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2020 8:46 am

Axas - Broken Dreams - 45 Anniversary Edition (1975-2020) - includes 4 bonus tracks and bonus live disc
Fer De Lance - Colossus
Northwind - History
Road Warrior - Mach II
Sacred Alien - Legends 1980-1983
Shaggy - Lessons For Beginners - remastered with 4 bonus tracks
Shok Paris - Full Metal Jacket
Solicitor - Spectral Devastation
Steelwitch - Steelwitch
Thundersson - Thundersson
Traveler - Termination Shock
Trial - Scream For Mercy - remastered with 7 bonus tracks
Whitesnake - Flesh & Blood - Deluxe Edition with 2 bonus tracks and DVD
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2020 6:32 pm

MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 91K0uUIJosL._SS500_
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2020 2:13 pm

Thin Lizzy - Transmission Impossible (3 cd set of radio broadcasts)
Icon - Night Of The Crime
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2020 6:41 pm

MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 3589
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2020 5:05 pm

tohostudios wrote:
just bought the download of:

"Headzapoppin" - Ginger Wildheart

Apparently this came out last month.  C'mon Eyesore, you're supposed to be keeping me abreast of what Ginger's doing.  Laughing

I did, back on Aug 25, 2019 at 11:16 PM! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2020 5:06 pm

New jams!

Early Man - Early Man (Demo)
Early Man/It’s Casual - Split (7" EP) (368 of 1,000)
Machine Head - Civil Unrest (EP) (Digital)

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2020 5:09 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I've been digesting my download of Ginger's "Headzapoppin" album today.

The copy I downloaded includes this cover of what is apparently a Dean Martin cover of a country song and as usual Ginger does a great cover (this must be a bonus track because it's not on any of the reviews of the albums that I can find):

Yeah, there were two digital bonus tracks. That's one of them. The other is "Good Times Are In The Mail."

Really good album, though, especially one that's kind of just a collection of random tunes that he wrote in his head while walking his dog. Haha.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2020 6:20 pm

Yeah I read that. It consists of tunes he thought up on dog walks but he didn't feel they fit any of his other projects. I think it's a solid album; it's like a Hey! Hello! album with occasion Mutation and Wildheart parts thrown in here and there.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2020 10:04 pm

CDs:

CJSS - Praise The Loud - remastered with 4 bonus tracks
CJSS - World Gone Mad - remastered with 4 bonus tracks
Deus Vult - Look Upon Your Master - The Demo Anthology
Forte - Stranger Then Fiction - remastered with 2 bonus tracks

Vinyl:

Sabire - Mistress Mistress - 7" vinyl with poster
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2020 10:39 pm

I went to the local thrift store for the first time in what seems like forever. Not much going on in the music section, but I managed to find a few discs to give 'em a go for .99 cents each.

Sahara Hotnights - Jennie Bomb
Billy Talent - s/t
White Trash Stars - Volume from the Outside ep (still sealed)

White Trash Stars are from Philly. I never heard of them, but they put out that ep in 2017 and have a sleaze/glam thing going on. The lead singer has a nasally Vince Neil thing going on. The disc is pretty decent actually. Their Facebook page says they are still together and working on new music. Neat!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 1:22 pm

Myrath - Shehili
Jason Isbell And The 400 Unit - The Nashville Sound
Slayer - Haunting The Chapel
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 3:27 pm

New jams!

Ad Infinitum - Chapter I: Monarchy
Noisehunter - Rock Shower
Noisehunter - Spell Of Noise (Reissue w/Bonus Tracks)

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 5:01 pm

I pre-ordered the upcoming Heathen album, Empire of the Blind, in a CD/shirt bundle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 6:54 pm

Eyesore wrote:
New jams!

Dammit, I knew it!

About halfway through that Ad Infinitum track I just knew it would devolve into growling.  I was hanging with it up to that point; not really my thing normally but something I might give a shot.  Then instead of "singing" (and a decent singing voice too) she started roaring.  That's it, I'm out.

The weird bird beaks are "interesting" too.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 3:08 pm

Arcanum - The Book Of Onyx
Stygian Crown - S/T
Torche - Admission
Wino - Forever Gone
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 11:49 am

MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Vader_The_Empire
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2020 9:02 am

Eyesore wrote:
New jams!

Do these guys put out albums (actual cds) anymore or is it all digital ep's and singles?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2020 4:48 pm

Wormrot - Noise
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 10:43 am

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
New jams!

Dammit, I knew it!

About halfway through that Ad Infinitum track I just knew it would devolve into growling.  I was hanging with it up to that point; not really my thing normally but something I might give a shot.  Then instead of "singing" (and a decent singing voice too) she started roaring.  That's it, I'm out.

The weird bird beaks are "interesting" too.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 10:46 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
New jams!

Do these guys put out albums (actual cds) anymore or is it all digital ep's and singles?

Mike only put out three digital-only tunes—one in 2014, two in 2016—and then he fell off the face of the earth until like a month or two ago, when he started posted vids of him writing some new music. Everything but those three songs have been released on CD or vinyl.

But the last silver-pressed CD they released was Death Potion in 2010. All the CDs after that have been pro-pressed CDRs. =(
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 10:47 am

And this completes my Cataract collection...

Cataract - War Anthems (7" EP)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL 2020   MUSIC HAUL 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MUSIC HAUL 2020
Page 12 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next