Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.

Go down 
+7
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Hamer12
Thrasher73
Dark Horseman
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
11 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.  Empty
PostSubject: I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.    I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 11:43 pm

Momma's overseas, so me and the girlies have been binging on music and for some reason I played One Night in Bangkok (a song I LOVE) which led us down the rabbit-hole...and...and...I LOVE NEW WAVE!! I did't know when I was 5-6-7-8-9 that it was called New Wave, it was just pop. But 1/2 or more of what I loved from back then was this music!

My girls mocked me and said if they brought something new like that to me now that I would recoil in horror. Maybe, but you can never escape your formative years. The 80's were just amazing...the Metal was sick and apparently so was the New Wave.

woo!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.    I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 8:13 am

Oh yea, 80s new wave was the tr00 chizz. I grew up watching MTV sixteen hours a day when the channel was in its early 80s infancy. Back then, of course, I was impatiently waiting to see Def Leppard or Motley Crue videos, but in between there'd be all the weird/cool stuff like The Buggles, the Cars, Devo, the Vapors, Psychedelic Furs, Flock of Seagulls, Human League, Eurythmics, etc. ... I was too busy being "metal" for such things as a teen, but as the years went by I had to admit, damn, there were a lotta really good pop songs during that period.

Funny thing is now that music tends to get a lot of play in superrmarkets and convenience stores, so I hear it just as much, if not more, than I ever did back in the day. If I stop in the Exxon shop for my morning coffee and I hear, say, "Video Killed the Radio Star" or "Don't You Want Me" it'll be stuck in my head all friggin' day. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.    I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 10:12 am

I always liked New Wave music, even when I got into metal back in 83, but I just never really dove deep into past the hits. Over the last few years, I've been going through the whole catalogs of bands like Tears For Fears, Duran Duran, New Order, A Flock of Seagulls, The Fixx, etc..

There is a lot of great stuff from the early to mid 80's.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.    I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 12:10 pm

Writing a good pop song is an art, call it New Wave or whatever, there was some good stuff out there.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.    I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 3:51 am

I’ve always said everything was better in the 80’s! That includes pop music.The Cars, Human League, Dead or Alive,Duran Duran. All good stuff!
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.    I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 11:40 am

My favorite genre other than metal. My drummer's 19 year old son is enthralled with it right now. It's fun showing the kids the stuff I grew up on.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.    I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 8:12 pm

Check out some stuff from my town's biggest new wave thrill [and there were a LOT in Minneapolis in the early 80's].  They are still gigging.  Just saw them open for Mott the Hoople a couple of months ago.  They also just released a new album.

Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.    I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 5:17 pm

I see some song choices listed I would have gone with, so. Here is mine, Great musicians in this band. I remember asking my girlfriend if she would dress up like Dale when my band would play, She said no!! lol

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.    I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 2:08 am

I’ve enjoyed New Wave music for most of my life. The first band I ever truly liked was Oingo Boingo. When I was a kid, New Wave and/or “New Romantic” Synth-pop was all over the radio and MTV. Bands like: Tears for Fears, Simple Minds, Naked Eyes and Berlin. Still love it to this day!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.    I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 2:24 am

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.    I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 2:33 am

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.    I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 9:09 pm

Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

PostSubject: Re: I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.    I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2019 4:09 am

I like some Gothic Rock , but I Can´t say I´m that fond on New Wave per se ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.    I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I guess I've loved New Wave for nearly 40 years...and didn't know it.
Page 1 of 1