Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)

Go down 
+4
Eyesore
the sentinel
Gilbert
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Empty
PostSubject: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 1:41 pm

A new Iron Savior studio album is on its way (March 2019) headbanger headbanger headbanger :

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 8:55 pm

Damn! I love these dudes. Just like Primal Fear, they never disappoint. Pete's voice is awesome. I just wish I knew how to pronounce his last name properly. Haha. Thanks for the heads up, Gilbert.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 9:50 pm

I have too many holes in my Iron Savior collection. I only have Condition Red, Dark Assault, Iron Savior, and Titancraft.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 9:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I have too many holes in my Iron Savior collection. I only have Condition Red, Dark Assault, Iron Savior, and Titancraft.

They are all amazing. Iron Savior deliver on every release. They never experiment nor disappoint headbanger.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 10:01 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Those are good ones though, Ken. I feel as though these guys have gotten heavier over the last decade or so.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 11:51 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Those are good ones though, Ken. I feel as though these guys have gotten heavier over the last decade or so.

Absolutely. I definitely need to fill in those gaps.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 5:50 am

Are their albums hard to find in your part of the world too?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 5:59 am

I'm way behind on them. I bought Unification as a blind purchase at a used shop and was really impressed with them. I haven't gotten anything else from them though.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 6:51 am

007 wrote:
I'm way behind on them. I bought Unification as a blind purchase at a used shop and was really impressed with them. I haven't gotten anything else from them though.

Unification is one of the best power metal albums ever released headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 9:01 am

Gilbert wrote:

In stores? Yes. But even on Amazon, a lot of their older albums are priced pretty high.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 11:07 am

I enjoy them but they get kind of samey. Condition Red is an amazing album though.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 4:10 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I enjoy them but they get kind of samey. Condition Red is an amazing album though.

That can be said about pretty much every power metal band.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 4:13 pm

Battering Ram is one of their best releases. Check out this song:

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 8:09 pm

Gilbert wrote:
"
I would say yes. I have purchased all but "Unification" for the back catalog on line and everything since "The Landing" I have purchased at Newbury Comics as a new release. Eyesore only lives about an hour from me (I think), but he hits up a few different stores than I do. Unification was where it all started for me. I walked into a local place about a decade ago and there it was used for $12. It's my sentimental fave, but it's such a killer album. I have never understood why they included some other band's song as one of the three bonus tracks though. Weird.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 10:31 pm

Unification is a very rare album. I purchased it from a Syrian collector who was selling all his collection because he was moving to the US at the time. I have never seen this album in any of the tens of stores i have visited in Europe.

I was however lucky to find their coming home EP at Rock N Roll Voltage, a specialized metal shop in Paris. A sanctuary that you must visit if you're ever there.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 9:38 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Unification is a very rare album. I purchased it from a Syrian collector who was selling all his collection because he was moving to the US at the time. I have never seen this album in any of the tens of stores i have visited in Europe.

I was however lucky to find their coming home EP at Rock N Roll Voltage, a specialized metal shop in Paris. A sanctuary that you must visit if you're ever there.

My wife has been to Paris (in fact her home office is a Paris theme); but I have not. I have never left the United States. Smile
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 9:43 pm

I just realized the only 2 Iron Savior albums I am missing are the two re recorded offerings (Megatropolis 2.0 and Reforged: Riding On Fire). On a side note, the latter of the two is all older songs from the first album up to Battering Ram. The band are aware that their back catalog is pretty tough to find.I would love to see them re release the earlier stuff with some bonus tracks.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 1:05 am

the sentinel wrote:
I just realized the only 2 Iron Savior albums I am missing are the two re recorded offerings (Megatropolis 2.0 and Reforged: Riding On Fire). On a side note, the latter of the two is all older songs from the first album up to Battering Ram. The band are aware that their back catalog is pretty tough to find.I would love to see them re release the earlier stuff with some bonus tracks.

I purchased reforged last year, mainly because i love this band and want to complete my collection. It is a good album for those who wish to become familiar with Iron Savior and add them to their collection.

I agree that their earlier material should be reissued.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 11:54 am

It's in my ebay watch list. I will grab it at some point to be the completest. Haha. I am cranking the original Megatropolis right now. Such a killer album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 12:08 pm

I know English is not their native language, but that title sounds awkward as hell. Isn't the phrase, "Kill Or BE Killed?"

Anyway... new song sounds good, I lost track of these guys quite a few years/albums ago. I think the last one I bought was "Battering Ram." I especially liked their debut, that one's a ripper.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 12:38 pm

the sentinel wrote:
It's in my ebay watch list. I will grab it at some point to be the completest. Haha. I am cranking the original Megatropolis right now. Such a killer album.

Is it worth picking up the new version of Megatropolis (2.0)?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 12:02 pm

New song:

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 8:00 am

New song!
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 9:02 am

During the peak of my power metal obsession in the early 2000s, I bought a comp out of the $1 called "Power Of Metal / Symphonies Of Steel" that had a bunch of power metal bands like Iron Savior, Stratovarius, Gamma Ray, and then like Virgin Steele and Running Wild (and ended with Celtic Frost and Kreator). It was my introduction to IS and the song "Predators" slayed and I became obsessed with it, but everything I listened to from them after that paled in comparison, so I kinda wrote them off and just listened to that one song.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 9:34 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
During the peak of my power metal obsession in the early 2000s, I bought a comp out of the $1 called "Power Of Metal / Symphonies Of Steel" that had a bunch of power metal bands like Iron Savior, Stratovarius, Gamma Ray, and then like Virgin Steele and Running Wild (and ended with Celtic Frost and Kreator). It was my introduction to IS and the song "Predators" slayed and I became obsessed with it, but everything I listened to from them after that paled in comparison, so I kinda wrote them off and just listened to that one song.

You should give them another chance. They do have some very good songs. Lots of fillers too of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)   Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Savior: kill or get killed (2019)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: