Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book

Go down 
+13
Shawn Of Fire
Boris2008
Witchfinder
Troublezone
nevermore
mikeinfla
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Gilbert
manny
Wrecked Neck
Fat Freddy
Glower
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 1:43 am

Don't really care much for Eddie Trunk, but he just uploaded an interview with K.K.. I haven't had a chance to listen to all of it yet, but it's pretty good so far. The one thing it did for me is talk me into buying the book. I was on the fence, cause I didn't want to read a soap opera about how shitty they treated him, and from what it sounds like, there's very little mud slinging. That blabbermouth Facebook page really needs to be shut down with all the crap they've been trying to start between the band and K.K..

Anyways, here's a link for it, give it a listen.

https://www.podcastone.com/Eddie-Trunk-Podcast
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 9:15 am

Thanks for the link! Will listen soon.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 11:01 am

I thought this was kinda interesting. Recently KK stated in an interview that Richie Faulkner and Scott Travis were "not official members of Judas Priest as they are on a wage". Richie has since fired back...

Quote :
Earlier today, Faulkner released a statement disputing Downing's comments, insisting that he hasn't been a salaried employee for the past seven years and slamming his predecessor's remarks as "an attempt to devalue my and Scott's position in the band."

Faulkner's statement follows in its entirety:

"Regarding a recent untruthful article, I'm not sure why anyone feels they have the right to openly discuss others' financial standings, true or otherwise. This seems to be intended as a swipe at the band and an attempt to devalue my and Scott's position in the band.

"For the record, I have not been paid a wage since 2012 and have always been given creative input in this band since day one.

"This band of brothers have been nothing but a family to me and both band and management have always stated and demonstrated they wanted a band member.

"It's an honor to serve in the best heavy metal band in the world and give 1000% to the fans around the globe that have supported this band for 50 years.

"It's a shame that someone I held in such high regard feels the need to take these low roads when I've done absolutely nothing but give my absolute all to a position he left of his own accord. It's both uninformed, unfounded, unnecessary and very unfortunate and disappointing.

"We've always stood firm to not get involved in Internet clickbait, but I felt this crossed a line for me personally and wanted to set these untruths straight myself."

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 3:48 pm

I'm sure Scott is on a wage. KK is half correct, and KK Wylde Jr. isn't even addressing the second part of KK's assertion.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 8:32 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I thought this was kinda interesting. Recently KK stated in an interview that Richie Faulkner and Scott Travis were "not official members of Judas Priest as they are on a wage". Richie has since fired back...

Quote :
Earlier today, Faulkner released a statement disputing Downing's comments, insisting that he hasn't been a salaried employee for the past seven years and slamming his predecessor's remarks as "an attempt to devalue my and Scott's position in the band."

Faulkner's statement follows in its entirety:

"Regarding a recent untruthful article, I'm not sure why anyone feels they have the right to openly discuss others' financial standings, true or otherwise. This seems to be intended as a swipe at the band and an attempt to devalue my and Scott's position in the band.

"For the record, I have not been paid a wage since 2012 and have always been given creative input in this band since day one.

"This band of brothers have been nothing but a family to me and both band and management have always stated and demonstrated they wanted a band member.

"It's an honor to serve in the best heavy metal band in the world and give 1000% to the fans around the globe that have supported this band for 50 years.

"It's a shame that someone I held in such high regard feels the need to take these low roads when I've done absolutely nothing but give my absolute all to a position he left of his own accord. It's both uninformed, unfounded, unnecessary and very unfortunate and disappointing.

"We've always stood firm to not get involved in Internet clickbait, but I felt this crossed a line for me personally and wanted to set these untruths straight myself."

Yeah, I saw this in my news feed this morning. I feel like KK is regretting the retirement decision.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 9:11 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I'm sure Scott is on a wage.   KK is half correct, and KK Wylde Jr. isn't even addressing the second part of KK's assertion.

If Scott is on a wage, then Ritchie sure as heck is also. Scott has been in the band 30 years.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 9:41 pm

I don't think K.K. has any right to speak about any financial arrangements of anyone whether they are in Judas Priest or worked at his failed golf courses.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 7:30 am

Ken is making a complete dick of himself. Whether the guys are 'official' members (whatever the hell that means) or not is absolutely none of his business and he just sounds like a bitter prick (not for the first time)
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 9:02 am

As much as I hate to slag on a fave musician, he's really crossing into "constant whining" territory now. It's become painfully obvious that he was easily replaceable without a beat being missed. Add in the fact that the band is still putting out great albums that are charting and still killing it on tour and making money that he sorely needs.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25882

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 12:44 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Ken is making a complete dick of himself. Whether the guys are 'official' members (whatever the hell that means) or not is absolutely none of his business and he just sounds like a bitter prick (not for the first time)

Exactly! No one forced KK to retire or anything. He did so on his own accord. If he despises a lot that was going on in Priest when he was in the band why keep acting like he's entitled a spot back in the lineup? He needs to stop.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 5:03 pm

Troublezone wrote:
If Scott is on a wage, then Ritchie sure as heck is also. Scott has been in the band 30 years.

KK Wylde Jr. is a co-songwriter (along with Andy Sneap, I'm willing to bet) of those last couple of crappy albums they've put out, so he might have a more favorable economic arrangement. Scott is playing in Thin Lizzy in his off-time.

But yeah, I would surely pay Scott more than that guy if there was any justice in this world.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 5:46 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

KK Wylde Jr. is a co-songwriter (along with Andy Sneap, I'm willing to bet) of those last couple of crappy albums they've put out, so he might have a more favorable economic arrangement.  Scott is playing in Thin Lizzy in his off-time.

But yeah, I would surely pay Scott more than that guy if there was any justice in this world.

Scott is one of my favorite drummers. He’s been very loyal to Priest and always nails his parts. He’s one of the best “in the pocket” players, but he also has plenty of flare when needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3