Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+10
Hadley
Required Fields
Sword Of The Heretic
Addy
Leatherface
DallasBlack
mikeinfla
akeldama
tohostudios
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 5:58 pm

Impact is still on the air?  I haven't seen that show in at least 7 or 8 months and even that one time was probably the only time in about the least year.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 8:39 pm

Wow, Smackdown sucks.

As soon as Breezango and The Ascension show up, I'm out.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 5:28 am

Another defector.

And another leaves Impact Wrestling:

– Rockstar Spud made his WWE debut as the 205 Live General Manager and announced a tournament for the Cruiserweight Championship. Spud was introduced as Drake Maverick, the new General Manager for the brand, in the opening segment of the show.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 5:29 am

tohostudios wrote:
Impact is still on the air?  I haven't seen that show in at least 7 or 8 months and even that one time was probably the only time in about the least year.

I'm pretty sure they are. I dont have PopTV so I can't see it. However, I have discovered Pluto TV (It is an app of free television stations) and they have an Impact Wrestling channe. From time to time I will check it out. Mostly old TNA PPV shows but on occasion they show the recent TV tapings.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 5:41 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Oh boy.  Coach is back on commentary on RAW.  Well I guess he is an improvement over Booker T but then pretty much anyone would be.

Someone (Ross Tidwell, formerly King Ross) pointed out that all the commentators are not very good, it's just Booker was so bad it made them look good. Could be. Graves is pretty good but even he makes his share of faux pas. The former King Ross who does WTF moments for Raw and Smackdown has a segment "Grave Mistakes". In the past he had John O'clock for JBL, Tea Time for Booker T (was once my sig pic), and created a new one for Cole called "Maggle" (a joke on JBL's pronouncing of Michael).

akeldama wrote:
I can’t stand Coach but yeah, Booker was horrible on commentary. Due to the pop Rousey got along with her mannerisms it appears to me at least that she’s a face. She’ll end Asuka’s streak I tell you. I’m sure Roman will face and defeat Lesnar at WM.

Sadly, I think you're right. Though Reigns vs. Brock has pretty much been the plan all along.

tohostudios wrote:
The Asuka/Sasha match has been very good.  I just wish WWE would turn Sasha full heel again.

I was hoping she'd attack Asuka post-match but of course it didn't happen.

With the Bludgeon Brothers matches with jobbers every week it just shows how pathetic the tag division really is.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 8:45 pm

I can't figure out what WWE is doing with Finn Balor.

Are they subtly turning Balor into a heel or are they subtly turning Anderson/Gallows face?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 8:54 pm

Good grief Smackdown is a mess.

From opening every week with a Shane vs Bryan confrontation for 20 minutes to The Usos being heelish faces or face-ish heels to the crappy commentary (except for Graves); the show is just terrible now.  I lasted a little less than an hour tonight before I had to pop in an episode of Star Gate SG1.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 5:51 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I can't figure out what WWE is doing with Finn Balor.

Are they subtly turning Balor into a heel or are they subtly turning Anderson/Gallows face?

It wouldn't be a bad thing to turn Balor heel. He (as Prince Devitt) made a list of best heels of the modern era a while back. Apparently he's real good in that role.

tohostudios wrote:
Good grief Smackdown is a mess.

From opening every week with a Shane vs Bryan confrontation for 20 minutes to The Usos being heelish faces or face-ish heels to the crappy commentary (except for Graves); the show is just terrible now. I lasted a little less than an hour tonight before I had to pop in an episode of Star Gate SG1.

Not a bad substitute, one of my favorite shows.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 6:22 pm

SG1 is a great show.  I have the entire series on DVD and I'm watching them chronologically for the 3rd time, first time in several years.  I'm up to Season 6 which is where Daniel Jackson left the show for a bit before he came back later on.

And pretty much anything in my video library would have been preferable to the hot mess that Smackdown was last night.  Good grief was it awful.  you know it's bad when The Riot Squad was the highlight.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 10:13 pm

Laughing very hard

That bit on RAW with Elias vs Strowman was hilarious. Strowman strumming an upright bass and singing like Elias was funny enough but then having him carry the bass over his shoulder like a guitar and blast Elias with it was even better.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 8:02 pm

Smackdown is so desperate that they brought back Ziggler???  And to face Borin' Corbin???

This must be a new kind of submission match where the object is for each wrestler to be the first to bore the audience into a coma.

EDIT: I guess not. Zayne and Owens jumped Borin backstage and now they're beating up Ziggy. Please tell me we're not going to get Ziggy and Borin vs Zayne and Owens.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 10:00 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Laughing very hard

That bit on RAW with Elias vs Strowman was hilarious.  Strowman strumming an upright bass and singing like Elias was funny enough but then having him carry the bass over his shoulder like a guitar and blast Elias with it was even better.  

Yeah, it was a great moment, the highlight of the show really.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Smackdown is so desperate that they brought back Ziggler???  And to face Borin' Corbin???

This must be a new kind of submission match where the object is for each wrestler to be the first to bore the audience into a coma.

EDIT:  I guess not.  Zayne and Owens jumped Borin backstage and now they're beating up Ziggy.  Please tell me we're not going to get Ziggy and Borin vs Zayne and Owens.

As you saw, it was even worse with the next event becoming a fatal 5 way. Though AJ is still going to win. Him against Nakamura is pretty much set in stone.

Ziggler coming back makes absolutely ZERO sense (even by WWE standards). He's on Smackdown, there is no way in hell he would headline WM even if he were to win that match!

I will have to disagree on him being boring, at least in the ring (though against Boring Corbin anybody could be brought down to his level). He has been booked horribly his whole career and his character could be quite stale (though he was pretty good in his old heel persona-though not in the current one) but he has always delivered in the ring against a equally good opponent (again, that is certainly not Balding Corbin).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 8:37 pm

Watching RAW.

This "gauntlet match" gimmick makes no sense.  It's all the guys who will be in the Elimination Chamber match Sunday facing each other one after another.  What's the incentive to even bother winning a match?  For instance, Rollins beat Reigns in the first match after about 30 minutes and immediately Rollins gets Cena for the next match.  Why bother?  Unless how far you go in the "gauntlet"  determines the order in which you enter the Chamber match, what's the incentive for winning? 

I hate when WWE throws crap out there that just totally defies basic logic.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 2:00 am

tohostudios wrote:
Watching RAW.

This "gauntlet match" gimmick makes no sense.  It's all the guys who will be in the Elimination Chamber match Sunday facing each other one after another.  What's the incentive to even bother winning a match?  For instance, Rollins beat Reigns in the first match after about 30 minutes and immediately Rollins gets Cena for the next match.  Why bother?  Unless how far you go in the "gauntlet"  determines the order in which you enter the Chamber match, what's the incentive for winning? 

I hate when WWE throws crap out there that just totally defies basic logic.

I know, I kept thinking that if I was in that situation, I'd tap out at the slightest bit of a submission as soon as possible. Then when asked in that after match interview that I felt no reason to waste all my energy on something that has no reward other than bragging rights.

However, it was actually nice to see them give Rollins a clean victory over Cena especially after a match with Reigns. Perhaps it's them throwing a bone to the fans considering Reigns winning EC is pretty much set in stone.

What about the shock heard around the world about Double J being inducted to the HoF? His relationship with Vince was worse than the Warriors which says quite a lot about this happening. I think it's a pretty well deserved honor. Say what you will about him making himself champ all the time in TNA and not really being main event material, the man was one of the best heels of his time. He knew how to piss people off.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 7:37 am

I find it funny that Double J is going into the Hall Of Fame. I think they only did it as a jab at TNA/Impact.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 5:55 pm

Well, Ziggles is not only back, he's here for another two years:

http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/925649-the-latest-on-dolph-zigglers-new-wwe-contract-samir-singh-gives-fans-a-rehab-update-video
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 6:25 pm

Maybe they can give him a decent gimmick sometime during this contract. 

There's no denying the guy can go in the ring and I think he does have some charisma on the mic but Creative has totally misused him for years IMO.  For one thing, they need to either have him be a heel or face and just stick with it.  Or better yet make him a "tweener" like Strowman apparently has become.

As it is now, whenever I heard "Dolph Ziggler" announced I reach for the NoDoz.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2018 5:43 pm

After seeing SD in person last night I am starting to really like Ziggles again. When he doesn't have Creative/Vinny around he really shines as a heel.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2018 6:11 pm

You went to a WWE event?  Where's the full recap???

Laughing

One of these days I'm going to make it to a WWE event again.  Smackdown and RAW play STL pretty regularly.  In fact, the last time RAW was here my friend's wife won tickets to the show at work but I was sick as a dog and couldn't go.   I've been to multiple WWF/WWE events in my life and the one thing that's still really weird to me is sitting there watching the action without any commentary.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2018 6:33 pm

Recap? Mitt Face invaded SD and held me up asking where Toho was. She said I knew and threatened to hug me so I told her to frequent the HOM boards and she'd eventually find you. Laughing very hard

I kinda like the fact that there's no commentary. I had tix years back to go and I got conjunctivitis the day of the show and never went. It was during the Attitude Era so I totally regret that.

Did you ever go during the Attitude Era?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2018 6:46 pm

akeldama wrote:
Recap? Mitt Face invaded SD and held me up asking where Toho was. She said I knew and threatened to hug me so I told her to frequent the HOM boards and she'd eventually find you.  Laughing very hard

I kinda like the fact that there's no commentary. I had tix years back to go and I got conjunctivitis the day of the show and never went. It was during the Attitude Era so I totally regret that.

Did you ever go during the Attitude Era?

I'm not sure.  I went to a show in New Haven, CT back around 1993 or 1994.  I remember seeing Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon but that's about it (I was pretty bombed for that show).  Was that part of the "Attitude Era"?  Pretty much the only thing I remember about that show was my girlfriend ooo-ing and aahhh-ing over all the semi-naked men (it was her idea to go Laughing ) and the fact that Michaels looked absolutely huge live - as in "muscled up". 

But I go back to even the WWWF era seeing events live.  Back around 1973 I saw a tag team match between Chief Jay Strongbow and Sonny King against Toru Tanaka and Mr. Fuji (managed by The Grand Wizard).

BTW, this was hilarious!
Quote :
Recap? Mitt Face invaded SD and held me up asking where Toho was. She said I knew and threatened to hug me so I told her to frequent the HOM boards and she'd eventually find you.  Laughing very hard

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2018 8:11 pm

Last time I went to a WWE event, it was during the beginning of the attitude era. The main event was Vader vs. Undertaker. The card also had HHH (with Chyna) vs. Goldust. Apart from that, my bad memory fails me on what else happened. I remember the first match because Undertaker was able to effortlessly do the tombstone on the 400 lb. Vader. The latter I remembered because I yelled, "Chyna is a man!!!!!" and swore she looked up to the nosebleed section and stared right at me Very Happy.

Elimination Chamber PPV has begun and it starts with the woman's match. Figured they'd make it the main event. Guess they're saving it for Roman's victory.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2018 8:18 pm

Mitt Face starts out against Sonya Deville
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2018 8:23 pm

The other Absolution member has entered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: