Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The review section

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

The review section Empty
PostSubject: The review section   The review section Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 1:04 pm

Here you can post your thoughts about albums, concerts, DVD's etc. It would be cool if you can state as much info on the object you are reviewing. F.ex. if it's an album you are reviewing, state band name, title, year of release, and if you are able to, post a pic of the album.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

The review section Empty
PostSubject: Re: The review section   The review section Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 1:10 pm

Cool idea kmorg.

Also, feel free to post reviews from other places and discuss them.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

The review section Empty
PostSubject: Re: The review section   The review section Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 1:14 pm

And also, let the "old" concert review "die" a natural death. Just post new threads for each concert.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

The review section Empty
PostSubject: Re: The review section   The review section Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 2:40 pm

I sort of like the Eyesore idea...his own review thread....maybe that's the way to go...that way no one has to sift through loads of threads for stuff...

I plan to put up some reviews on my day off....

whoo hoo!

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

The review section Empty
PostSubject: Re: The review section   The review section Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 11:58 am

I like it!!

Just got these in the mail:

Steel Attack - Enslaved

Evergrey - Monday Morning Apocolypse

Edguy - Mandrake

Gamma Ray - Majestic

Red Wine - Cenizas

Iron Fire - Revenge

Reviews will come as I familiarize myself with these....
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

The review section Empty
PostSubject: Evergrey - Monday Morning Apocolypse   The review section Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 2:22 pm

This was high on the CMR best of 2006 and had lots of buzz surrounding it, so I thought I'd give it a try.

First reaction...WOW!

I'm not always good with genres, but this one sounds to me like a nice combo of power metal, a little prog, and just straight ahead metal. It gives me the same feel that Masterplan does....just flat perfectly executed metal with silky smooth vocals that are able to be gritty at times as well and are perfect for the album in question.

I own Allen/Lande - The Battle- and although I readily admit there's not one bad song on that disc, and it's fantastic- I also have always rated it about a 90/100 because it just seems to be missing that extra kick...that extra little energy...well, Monday Morning Apocolypse fills that void. It's heavy and crunchy enough, technically proficient and the vocals are top notch. I can't get away with the thought when I'm listening to it that it's the perfect love child of Masterplan and Allen/Lande (if Kamelot had an affair with a grand-sire in the past and threw their genes into the mix).

I know this is a Thrash-centric corner of the WWW ...but I also know many of us overlap and have more than one metal love. If you love well executed mid to up tempo powerish/straight metal with rich golden vocals with some grit thrown in for measure then check out parts of this on their website and dig deeper.... or just grab it sound unheard! If you don't like it, it'll be easy trade fodder! 🤘
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

The review section Empty
PostSubject: Re: The review section   The review section Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 7:59 pm

Here comes one I'll most likely get slammed for...BUT I've never really cared too much for metallica's Master Of Profits (Puppets). A few songs were ok, but to me it's always sounded like an overblown, drawn out jump towards the mainstream. Not to mention, this "most metal album ever" campaign started around it is pretty proposterous, I can think of alot more albums that are more deserving of the title.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

The review section Empty
PostSubject: Re: The review section   The review section Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The review section
Page 1 of 1