Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Third Demons & Wizards album

Go down 
+11
exact33
Dark Horseman
BloodWinter
glassprison
candlemass
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
moonspell67
Fat Freddy
Lari
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 11:37 pm

Lari wrote:
Update:

Another thing I was really thrilled about is reading that you’ve started working on a new Demons & Wizards album with Hansi Kürsch of Blind Guardian. How did it come about?
Jon: We’ve been talking about that for years, but now we actually made the commitment to do it. And we started working on it. It’s always been really tough to get our schedules to line up, but we’re going to do it. I can’t ‘say when it’s going to be finished, we’re really early in the process. And now I’ve got a new record coming out and Hansi is doing on the classical record, singing in the studio. I hope by 2018 or 2019 at the latest we’ll have the record finished. We’ve done two songs and they are pretty cool. I’ve got another instrumental piece to send over to Hansi to work on.

Like I said, whenever he can get to it. It’s hard for me to get into the songwriting mode when I’m bouncing back and forth to Europe. This is my fourth trip to Europe in six weeks. It’s pretty intense. So it’s hard to get into that, that meditative state to get connected to the music. I want to make the Demons & Wizards album killer, so I want to do it right. So it’s probably going to be when I have longer holes in the schedule so I can focus on it. Because if I only go home for a week, I’m not going to be in songwriting mode. I can’t just turn it on like that.

So, where is the album going music-wise looking at those new songs? You’ve both matured as songwriters since the last album.
Jon: It’s so early, I can’t tell you where Hansi’s going to go lyrically. That’s his department. I help him when he needs me to, and I’ve written the lyrics for a couple of songs. In terms of music, it’s actually pretty different but I know that there will be… It’s me and Hansi, it’s going to be the next step. It’s going to be completely authentic, I can tell you that. I’m looking forward to seeing what it sounds like too.

https://www.hardwiredmagazine.com/jon-schaffer-iced-earth-the-days-of-music-business-slavery-are-gone/?lang=en

What's the talking about here?

"And now I’ve got a new record coming out and Hansi is doing on the classical record, singing in the studio."

What new record does he having coming out?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 9:22 am

Eyesore wrote:
Lari wrote:
Update:

Another thing I was really thrilled about is reading that you’ve started working on a new Demons & Wizards album with Hansi Kürsch of Blind Guardian. How did it come about?
Jon: We’ve been talking about that for years, but now we actually made the commitment to do it. And we started working on it. It’s always been really tough to get our schedules to line up, but we’re going to do it. I can’t ‘say when it’s going to be finished, we’re really early in the process. And now I’ve got a new record coming out and Hansi is doing on the classical record, singing in the studio. I hope by 2018 or 2019 at the latest we’ll have the record finished. We’ve done two songs and they are pretty cool. I’ve got another instrumental piece to send over to Hansi to work on.

Like I said, whenever he can get to it. It’s hard for me to get into the songwriting mode when I’m bouncing back and forth to Europe. This is my fourth trip to Europe in six weeks. It’s pretty intense. So it’s hard to get into that, that meditative state to get connected to the music. I want to make the Demons & Wizards album killer, so I want to do it right. So it’s probably going to be when I have longer holes in the schedule so I can focus on it. Because if I only go home for a week, I’m not going to be in songwriting mode. I can’t just turn it on like that.

So, where is the album going music-wise looking at those new songs? You’ve both matured as songwriters since the last album.
Jon: It’s so early, I can’t tell you where Hansi’s going to go lyrically. That’s his department. I help him when he needs me to, and I’ve written the lyrics for a couple of songs. In terms of music, it’s actually pretty different but I know that there will be… It’s me and Hansi, it’s going to be the next step. It’s going to be completely authentic, I can tell you that. I’m looking forward to seeing what it sounds like too.

https://www.hardwiredmagazine.com/jon-schaffer-iced-earth-the-days-of-music-business-slavery-are-gone/?lang=en

"And now I’ve got a new record coming out and Hansi is doing on the classical record, singing in the studio."

maybe a new Sons album?

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 3:52 pm

DEMONS & WIZARDS Feat. JON SCHAFFER And HANSI KÜRSCH: Long-Awaited Third Album To Arrive In January 2020

According to Schaffer, the plan is for DEMONS & WIZARDS to complete the new album recordings prior to the launch of the summer 2019 festival season
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 4:37 pm

Too far away! =(
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2019 1:22 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I'm predicting 2020. Razz
You were not wrong.

glassprison wrote:
I haven't listened to them in a while, but it's a cool project. I need to revisit them soon. Did they do any touring for the first two albums?

To support the debut album, they did summer festivals in Europe.

Eyesore wrote:
Lari wrote:
Update:

I guess that was the Purgatory CD.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2019 2:15 pm

This thread started in 2017, the release is now slated for 2020, taking bets it gets pushed further ahead...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2019 3:22 pm

We will eventually get a new album one day...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 8:31 am

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/demons-wizards-feat-jon-schaffer-and-hansi-kursch-third-album-to-be-released-through-century-media/

Quote :
Century Media Records has announced the signing of DEMONS & WIZARDS to a worldwide deal.

"We start our cooperation by re-releasing the band's two classic albums, before they are conquering the festival stages all across Europe. And then, in the beginning of 2020, after 15 years of waiting, DEMONS & WIZARDS will finally return with a new studio album. It is time to hoist the sails for the storm to come. Welcome aboard!"

Prior to the release of the new studio album, Century Media will release DEMONS & WIZARDS' first two albums as reworked special editions. Remastered by Chris "Zeuss" Harris (ICED EARTH, QUEENSRŸCHE, SANCTUARY), these two releases will be out on June 7 as limited-edition digipak and limited deluxe 2LP releases with bonus material and liner notes by both members.

More behind that link, including tour dates.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 11:40 am

Here's hoping.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39563

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 3:23 pm

I wonder what kind of bonus material they're talking about there?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 4:20 pm

007 wrote:
I wonder what kind of bonus material they're talking about there?
That's what I was thinking about. They already had that 2-disc version of Crimson King. Is there more?

Probably live tracks or demos.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2019 2:33 am

This is the cover of the Crimson King reissue:

Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 400x400
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2019 2:46 am

For a second i thought it was the cover of the upcoming album. Great piece of art!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 9:39 pm

Which is better?

or

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 9:43 pm

By the way, the sound of this "remaster" is fucking awful, far worse than the original. The original version didn't sound great, but it's a hundred times better than this new version. Fuck.

Why Schaffer continues to use Jim Morris and Morrisound is beyond me.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 11:40 pm

I hate everything has that digitized sound lately.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 5:31 pm

Live outdoor show from last month shot for television:

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 10:49 pm

Hansi looks like he just rolled out of bed but sounds great. Is that Jake Dreyer on guitar?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 4:28 am

It's Jake Dreyer and Blind Guardian's rhythm guitarist (Marcus Siepen) and drummer.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 9:19 am

Jake is awesome, I love his band Witherfall.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 3:55 pm

Indeed. Video is well worth watching. Cool stuff there, like Hansi singing an Iced Earth song (won't spoil which one), and Fiddler on the Green is just a great song. Happy they played it.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 4:35 pm

Just picked up the first 2 on vinyl, had them on cd.

Wargod60
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 5:46 pm

Hansi does his best Barlow there, sounds really good.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 3:04 am

New track. Fantastic:

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 8:45 am

Yeah, the new tune is killer!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Third Demons & Wizards album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Third Demons & Wizards album
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next