Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Wave Of Thrash Metal

Go down 
+12
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
Thelemech
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
Dark Horseman
Jaybird
Required Fields
Thrasher73
anthrax_fan
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

New Wave Of Thrash Metal Empty
PostSubject: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 2:46 am

O.K. , on a similar manner to the "New Wave of Traditional Heavy Metal" topic , I´d like to discuss bands that are reviving the typical 80´s Thrash Metal nowadays ... There are tons on this field , but which ones are the best for you ?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 3:46 am

There are so many bands out there doing this style so I'll just list the ones that do it best.

Havok
Warpath
Aggression
Gama Bomb
Municipal Waste
Iron Reagan
Hyades
Warbringer
Avenger of Blood
Hatchet
Suicidal Angels

To name a few
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 10:57 am

Vektor is a band you should check out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Jaybird
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 11:16 am

Reign Of Fury
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 11:26 am

Imo Havok leads the way followed closely by Warbringer. Evile too if they would put out more stuff.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 11:28 am

I saw Municipal Waste open for Overkill a couple of years ago, they damn near stole the show.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 3:08 pm

Is Hatriot still alive ??
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 5:04 pm

Some of my favourites:
- havok
- bonded by blood
- fueled by fire
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 5:58 pm

What Thrasher said. Precisely.
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 8:25 pm

What do ya all think of Chronosphere ?
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 8:42 pm

I just recently acquired The Tyranny Of Will by Iron Reagan and it is a major headbanger.
I also really like Havok and the IR associated act Municipal Waste.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 10:58 pm

You can find some good recommendations here too...

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t21455-new-wave-of-thrash-metal?highlight=new+wave+of+thrash+metal

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 4:45 am

anthrax_fan wrote:
Is Hatriot still alive ??

On metal archives they are still listed as active. Not sure though. But i would love it if they release some new material headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 12:13 pm

Unfortunately I don't think much of the "new wave" of thrashers has aged well. It was new and exciting for awhile, but as I go back now and listen to some of those albums, it's all kinda samey.

Of the bands I still have (Gama Bomb, Fueled by Fire, Lazarus AD, Evile, maybe a few others), one or 2 albums each is enough for me.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 12:22 pm

Despite what I just said in my last post, here's 2 new-ish bands our old friend Locky turned me onto...

Red Razor from Brazil(?)

Prisoner from Serbia

Neither one is breaking any new ground, but they're both fun listens.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 12:43 pm

anthrax-fan wrote:
What do ya all think of Chronosphere ?

Listening now for the first time and I hear a lot of early Exodus. Have to say, they solos are tasty and technical.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 12:43 pm

For crossover everyone needs to check out Power Trip.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 1:07 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Vektor is a band you should check out.

I found vektor's music to be a bit hard to get into. Not easily memorable. Yet, very good.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 4:21 pm

I should've mentioned this band in my earlier post. On a whim I picked up this album from "F.K.U." ("Freddy Krueger's Underwear") a couple of weeks ago because it was cheap and looked like fun, it turned out to be pretty decent Exodus/S.O.D. inspired thrash. If their name didn't give it away immediately, they're obviously not a terribly serious band, cuz all their songs are about either moshing or horror movies, or both. Cool stuff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu May 11, 2017 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 6:16 pm

F.K.U are great. They have a great tone and the singer can wail!

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 8:01 pm

Terrifier - Canadian thrash.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 8:34 pm

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 8:35 pm

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 8:37 pm

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 9:16 pm

Another recent bargain-bin find for me was Woslom, from Brazil.

...and no, I have no idea what a "Woslom" is. Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Wave Of Thrash Metal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next