Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers

Go down 
+9
Required Fields
tohostudios
Wargod
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
Thelemech
Fat Freddy
Hadley
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers Empty
PostSubject: Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers   Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 7:56 pm

For stickers that are on the album cover itself (as opposed to on the shrinkwrap), do you keep the stickers on or remove them? I was just looking at my copy of Quiet Riot's Condition Critical cd, and I noticed it still has the "The Nice Price" sticker (used for discounted catalog albums) on it. I also looked at my copy of Aerosmith's Honkin On Bobo and i still have the "Blues Done Aerosmith Style!" sticker on that one.

Last edited by Hadley on Mon May 01, 2017 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers   Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 8:03 pm

I used to peel them off but now I leave'em alone unless they start getting raggedy and are about to fall off my themselves...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39463

PostSubject: Re: Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers   Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 8:24 pm

I peel them off then get the goo gone out to remove any glue residue.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers   Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 8:53 pm

I peel them off, hate when they are on the actual album when they are digipacks
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers   Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 10:17 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I used to peel them off but now I leave'em alone unless they start getting raggedy and are about to fall off my themselves...

Same here. I don't touch them unless they are falling off already.

I do save the hype stickers on new purchases though. I'm not sure why. I've been doing it for years, back when I bought tapes. I cut away the cellophane on the edges and then put the sticker under the clear tray.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers   Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 11:07 am

I don't remove them and I save the hype stickers from the cellophane just like MG71.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers   Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 10:32 pm

On the cover I leave them unless they are older used vinyl. Those you can usually peel off with no problems. On the shrink if I can peel them nicely I will stick them inside cover jacket.

Wargod60
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers   Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 7:59 pm

Wow, where did this thread come from?

It's funny because I definitely try to salvage stickers on CDs (I did the same thing on vinyl too). The main reason is so that years later what's on the sticker might help me out when I pull the thing from the vault and go "Why the HELL did I buy this?".

More often than not the sticker will say something like "Featuring...." and list the supposed best tracks or, back in the day, the tracks played on the radio. Or sometimes they will say something like "Produced by...". Regardless I try to salvage the stickers if they're on TOP of the cellophane; some peel off easily and some just shred which always irritates me.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers   Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 8:23 pm

I don't keep them on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers   Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 9:41 pm

Sometimes. But, honestly, I mostly have them stuck all over my computer tower.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers   Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 9:37 pm

I peel them off the cellophane, if I'm able to. I like the whole hype thing as well.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers   Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 10:00 pm

I never keep them
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers   Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 10:36 pm

Never occurred to me to keep them.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers   Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 9:20 pm

I started going through my music DVD's (about 75 or so) earlier today and some I have yet to open. I bought a bunch over the last decade and the new ones have the stickers and the "sunburst" sale price sticker a local chain uses for markdowns. It's a cool trip to see what I paid for something 8-12 years ago, and what they are asking/ selling for online now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers   Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stickers on cds/tapes/vinyl covers
Page 1 of 1