Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+12
Lari
Sword Of The Heretic
Witchfinder
mlotek
Leatherface
Vexer6
akeldama
tohostudios
Addy
mikeinfla
DallasBlack
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 8:07 am

tohostudios wrote:
This should be interesting.  Strowman vs Big Show.  Show better job or I'm gonna be pissed.  Sort of a shame though given all the weight he's lost.  Maybe this will be a no decision and preserve both guys.

I enjoyed this match but the "reinforced" ring thing is just stupid. I thought of the old matches with Andre (520 lbs), Bundy (458) and Studd (385) and there was no reinforced ring.

Show looks better than ever. Good for him to get that weight down. Show could've been something better if booked right over the years. Look at Andre: NEVER, EVER lost (until Mania 3). Was a fan favorite most of his career and only made one change to heel. When he turned heel it was a big deal. He stayed heel for years until the end of his career when he became a fan favorite again. Now compare Show: Constant jobber, flip flop face/heel. By Mania he will be a heel again when he fights with Shaq. And I really hope that match doesn't happen because Show will job yet again to a non-wrestler.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 7:21 pm

Watching Global Supercard Wrestling on ESPN Classic again tonight.

It still cracks me up that Barry Horowitz came to this federation and actually furthered his career by playing off his WWF career as a jobber.  Of course he was basically a glorified jobber here too but it's still pretty funny that he insisted on being called "The Winner".

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Wish I had ESPN Classic! They cut it a few years ago and made it a pay channel. I used to record AWA every night.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 1:39 pm

Speaking of wrestling theme songs, i found these videos that have some pretty blatant knockoff themes from WCW and TNA:

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 2:13 pm

Then TNA ripped off WCW themes ahaha

And this one sounded the same to me but it's a little different (I guess)

Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 2:44 pm

The Hulk Hogan TNA theme (clear, extended, and amplified) is the same as the nWo Japan theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkjUzEJmk_w
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 9:43 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I like Sasha.  At least as a heel.  She's pretty obnoxious as a face but that same obnoxiousness works as a heel IMO.  I find her annoying as a face though.   I was hoping she'd turn on Bayley tonight when she came out to the ring.  That would have been golden.

I'm sure it will happen, it's just a slow burn like Owens turning on Jericho.

tohostudios wrote:
akeldama wrote:
Lana... \'arry \'eadbanger

She is a hottie ain't she? Rusev is one lucky bastard.

Lucky in that sense yes, but from a booking stand point, not so much. When he debutted in that one Royal Rumble, I was thoroughly impressed. Such a monster of a man who could really go in the ring. The built him up greatly only to have John Cena's shovel bury him. They could have helped him save face by giving him a victory or two but have Cena ultimately win the feud. Instead they gave him a tainted victory and had Cena kill his push (LoN anybody?). They managed to build him back up only to repeat the burying with Roman who made him look like an absolute chump. Now he's tagging with Steroid Mahal and looking like a chump against Big Cass (who while taller, would in no way out power Rusev in reality). His biggest obstacle is the anti-American shtick they saddled him with. From what I've heard, he is a very funny and charismatic guy behind the scenes.

tohostudios wrote:
Huh, I missed that. I guess I was too busy telling Eyesore about "The Hidden".

I missed it too but that's because that segment was taken out of the Hulu version.

tohostudios wrote:
Strowman did a nip up/kip up. I've never seen a guy that size do that before.

Good effort by both guys and I don't think it hurt Big Show at all. That's the best I've seen him look in years.

That kip up was definitely a "holy shit" moment, certainly more of one than others in recent memory. As for the match, that was probably one of the best big man matches I've ever seen. Apart from the kip up, Braun even showed a bit of chain wrestling (albeit just a fleeting glimpse of it). Braun seemed like another big guy with no long term wrestling future when he debutted, but he has certainly proved everyone wrong and I'm certainly impressed. As for Big Show, it's sad he didn't drop all this weight years ago, things could have turned out quite different for him had he done it.

mikeinfla wrote:
I just don't like Enzo and Cass at all. Enzo reminds me of Vanilla Ice for some reason. His wardrobe will be outdated in 5 years and his character will look rediculous with that look. In a few years we'll look back and wonder "what were they thinking?".

He actually looks better as a thug character like this:

As for good managers I feel they are a thing of the past. I miss the guys like Heenan, Blassie and even Jimmy Hart and Slick. Those guys could draw a ton of heat.

He does look better like that. As for his character, I think he'd be a much better heel and quite frankly, his behavior as of late has been quite heelish. Which is why he made this top 10 list:

tohostudios wrote:
Yeah I like Alexa too. She's my kind of woman. For some reason I've always gravitated to
the smaller, spitfire type of female and she's got that in spades.

To me she is the hottest woman in the WWE right now. I really like the petite chicks Very Happy . Also the girl can wrestle as well as work the mic.

tohostudios wrote:
Now I'm more or less happy. All the guys I really don't like (Ziggles, Cena, Boring Corbin) are all gone.

None of those guys eliminated at that point were going to win. Corbin is in no way ready to headline Mania, Ziggler's heel turn has been wasted on two guys the fans don't care about (they cheer Ziggler everytime he beats them down), there have been rumors about Cena and Nikki vs. Miz and Maryse so those two weren't going to make it, and the other three were just filler. The biggest joke being in that match was Mojo Riley (who I feel about the same way Toho feels about Baley). Kalisto and Crews have a better chance to headline Wrestlemania before that joke of a man ever will.

akeldama wrote:
Harper and AJ? Awesome.

Both guys deserve attention. AJ has gotten it and has proven to everyone (including me*) how great he is so hopefully he isn't sent down the card anytime soon. As for Harper, I have been impressed with him ever since he debutted with Wyatt and already knew a little about his talent when he wrestled in the indies as Big Brodie. If he doesn't become the number one contender hopefully they make it a triple threat match.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 9:53 pm

*I stopped watching TNA after Hogan and Bischoff came in and while AJ was already good by that time, I can't help but think he got that much better because I don't remember him being as good as he has shown himself to be now.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 10:02 pm

I jumped on the Strowman bandwagon about 6 months ago after I read a totally out of character interview with him where he talked about wanting to work on his "craft" and how he was asking all the smaller guys like The Miz and even Ric Flair how they do/did some of the "small man" moves they do  He said he didn't want to be just another lumbering "big man" but was looking for something more in the Van Vader/Bam Bam Bigelow types of move set. 

I'd say he's well on his way.  In his prime Vader did the 360 moonsault off the top rope and Bigelow was great with dropkicks and inseguris and stuff.  Both those guys in their primes were extremely agile for such big men.  I hope Strowman continues to learn and hone his craft.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 8:16 pm

Geez, as much as I love Goldberg in Santa's Slay, I hate him equally as a face wrestler now.  He just comes off so scripted and formulaic to me. 

In his opening spiel on RAW tonight it was patently obvious he was reciting lines written for him by Creative or maybe even McMahon himself.  Maybe it wasn't actually scripted but the delivery sure made it sound that way.

Conversely when KO came out I thought he sounded authentic and I really liked the way he made Green Bay think for a second he was actually going to charge the ring to fight until he said "Oh wait, this is Green Bay?  They don't deserve to see me fight."  Great heel psychology.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 8:45 pm

Good KO speech. Screw $hitberg.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 8:52 pm

New Day fell flat.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 8:53 pm

Initially I was sort of ambivalent to the return of Goldberg but with each appearance he makes I'm coming around to your opinion akeldama.   I've already gone from "meh" to "Geez this guy is irritating".

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 8:54 pm

akeldama wrote:
New Day fell flat.

Yeah, that was boring as hell.

Although that was a nice top Lana was almost wearing.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 8:56 pm

The Shining Stars are a waste, so many incarnations Primo and Epico have went thru and they still suck.

I've said it a million times but I hate Goldberg. I'd liken him to Capt. Caveman except Capt. Caveman is awesome.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 8:59 pm

With a little more personality and unique touchwork between them Rusev and Majal would be a great heel team.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 9:00 pm

Lana's top now trending wordwide... \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 9:05 pm

Well, it's "Pukin' Time"!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25876

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 9:06 pm

I'm trying to make it through Raw tonight.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 9:07 pm

Is Cass' behavior towards Enzoid telling of a team split?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 9:10 pm

akeldama wrote:

Sure seems that way.   About time IMO; it's fairly subtle but I still hope they send Enzo to the CW division and let Cass go it alone.  He's already proved he's more than capable while Enzo was injured.

Last edited by tohostudios on Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 9:10 pm

Pukin' time os right. Staph Infection McMahon...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 9:12 pm

It gets worse... 

What a waste of Sasha Banks.  Hopefully this leads to her turning heel somewhere down the line.  In the meantime we're hopefully treated to Nia Jax leaving Bayley The Obnoxious as nothing more than a small smear on the canvas.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 9:13 pm

tohostudios wrote:
akeldama wrote:

Sure seems that way.   About time IMO; it's fairly subtle but I still hope they send Enzo to the CW division and let Cass go it alone.  He's already proved he's more than capable while Enzo was injured.

Maybe Enzyte would do well in the CWD. Wonder if Angle will be Raw GM or if this is an angle for Noelle vs Staph?

That Alexa commercial made me think it was about Alexa Bliss. Damn.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 9:18 pm

Nia Jax is a beast who I sure wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley but I must admit I think she has beautiful eyes.

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: