Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just a little something for you guys...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

Just a little something for you guys... Empty
PostSubject: Just a little something for you guys...   Just a little something for you guys... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 9:13 am

Today, I created a quality transfer of a rare metal demo tape. This one, while nothing special, is the demo for thrash metal band Quick Change. You may have seen me advertising this on the Metal Market sub-forum, but no one is interested. Thus, you can have it for free. It's not like the band is well known. I normally don't share music that's copyrighted but for early demos like this, I'll make an exception, so long as the moderators aren't at odds with it. Quite often, the rights to independent recordings are kept by the band themselves, so it's not agitating any major labels, but I don't think anyone cares. It was ripped using a Sony Walkman connected to a Realtek HD audio input on my desktop PC. Edited in Audacity to remove any excess silence and saved in FLAC, at level 8 compression. Here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ozhmci8yv8nw2se/Quick_Change_-_1988_-_F.U.N_%28demo%29.zip

Just a little something for you guys... MIJPi55

I don't know if these same recordings were used on their "Circus of Death" album or if they were re-done, because I've never heard it. All I know is that these songs were also on that record. Any comments, let me know. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Just a little something for you guys...   Just a little something for you guys... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 10:42 pm

I seem to remember that name for some reason... scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

PostSubject: Re: Just a little something for you guys...   Just a little something for you guys... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 8:15 am

I love the feedback on this thread. Try to sell it for $5, no one cares. Try to give it away for free, and no one gives a damn. Isn't that funny how the internet works? No biggie.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Just a little something for you guys...   Just a little something for you guys... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 9:13 am

I've either seen this band, or had something from them, but the name is certainly familiar...as for the feedback, well, I posted!
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Just a little something for you guys...   Just a little something for you guys... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 12:30 pm

I would've grabbed it up if I had known who they were. I've never heard of them and I'm not very big into thrash at the moment.

I know how you feel about starting threads that get no traction. I sort of stopped attempting to make threads pertaining to things I'm particularly into, cos the lack of discussion around them. (ie. the Plini thread and even the Fates Warning thread, which I figured more people here would be stoked about). I still like to drop by and see what's being discussed and to share what I'm listening to, but I'm rarely driven to reply most of the time.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Just a little something for you guys...   Just a little something for you guys... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 6:43 pm

I appreciate the effort and like the band. This is the stuff (demo's and unkowns) that I like the best about the scene we love.

As for selling, I missed that thread, but if ou want I will buy it from you, it would look nice in my collection.
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

PostSubject: Re: Just a little something for you guys...   Just a little something for you guys... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 8:48 pm

I appreciate it, guys. Yours too, candlemass.

Scott/Ult has a review of their Circus of Death album on his website. Reading it reminded me that I had a demo by Quick Change, which I acquired from a thrift shop without knowing much about it. I used to just buy up independent-looking music from those places that seemed rare and obscure.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Just a little something for you guys...   Just a little something for you guys... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 9:26 pm

Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Just a little something for you guys...   Just a little something for you guys... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 9:32 pm

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Quick_Change/1533
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Just a little something for you guys...   Just a little something for you guys... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 8:09 am

Good music. Worth checking out.
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

PostSubject: Re: Just a little something for you guys...   Just a little something for you guys... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 8:22 am

If you have any complaints/comments about the quality of the transfers or have any suggestions on how to make these release better, let me know. My only gripe is that I didn't record it at full volume (used line-in on my Sony Walkman).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a little something for you guys...   Just a little something for you guys... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a little something for you guys...
Page 1 of 1