Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I can't believe I used to like these guys

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

I can't believe I used to like these guys Empty
PostSubject: I can't believe I used to like these guys   I can't believe I used to like these guys Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:04 pm

My nomination for one of the best musical scenes in cinematic history!

Doen't beat Hopper/Watkin in True Romance, but it's right up there, man!!

This post should show me who is really relatable to me. I have some ideas, but post away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I used to like these guys   I can't believe I used to like these guys Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:17 pm

Laughing very hard

Thanks for reminding me, I need to see that movie again. Harry Dean Stanton is my hero.

What's really funny about that scene is how the lounge act outfits they are wearing are basically a precursor to the tuxedo cover for Wonderful.

I can't believe I used to like these guys D36388jek9s
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I used to like these guys   I can't believe I used to like these guys Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:16 pm

detuned wrote:
Laughing very hard

Thanks for reminding me, I need to see that movie again. Harry Dean Stanton is my hero.

Me too, great actor. Also, one of the best films Ive ever seen.

Great post Sax Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I used to like these guys   I can't believe I used to like these guys Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:23 pm

I cant believe I used to like these guys.... Laughing very hard

I cant say enough how glad I am that Keith Morris left Black flag and created my number 2 slot hardcore band.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I used to like these guys   I can't believe I used to like these guys Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:00 pm

God it has been years since I have seen Repo Man, great film, and great scene, the Circle Jerks who also win for having one of the greatest album titles of all time: I can't believe I used to like these guys Circle+jerks+-+Golden+shower+of+hits-1983

Golden Shower of Hits, classic.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I used to like these guys   I can't believe I used to like these guys Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 2:10 pm

Laughing very hard
Great movie, great band.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I used to like these guys   I can't believe I used to like these guys Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:46 pm

One of my favorites. As a kid we snuck into this and even though a lot of it went over my head at the time- I still loved it. I actually got the deluxe DVD tin (with the soundtrack) for 10.00 back when it first came out. Gotta love those clueless Tower employees and their mis-pricing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I used to like these guys   I can't believe I used to like these guys Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:49 am

Keith has actually turned into a major dick. Look up any recent footage of their live show and you'll see what I mean. I saw them on that Oddities tour and he stopped the show, like, 4 times because the kids were "getting too violent". I saw these guys in the heyday with the Urban Guerillas and Husker Du and there was body parts and blood flying everywhere! That is part of the experience!! I told my bud I couldn't handle it anymore, walked up to the stage, got Keith's attention, flipped him off and walked out of First Ave. He'll never remember that, but I won't support him anymore. I thought the Debbie Gibson thing was a lark. But apparently, he really has just turned into a douche.

btw, Golden Shower of Hits was the very first cassette I purchased with my own money. Still love that album to death!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I used to like these guys   I can't believe I used to like these guys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I can't believe I used to like these guys
Page 1 of 1