Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Man, making your own food...

Go down 
+11
Troublezone
MoonChild
juanmiguel
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
KissinMaiden
mc666
SAHB Healer
scottmitchell74
T-Roy
Chairman_Smith
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Man, making your own food... Empty
PostSubject: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 1:07 pm

I just made some Mushroom Swiss Burgers and felt very satisfied with them. It seems every couple of months when I dwindle low on funds and start sacraficing convience and make the food myself i'm reminded how horrible fast food and TV dinners really are.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 1:15 pm

HOW TRUE THAT IS.......hey, to bad you can't eat all those CD's you got???? Sorry......couldn't help myself! lol!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 1:16 pm

T-Roy wrote:
HOW TRUE THAT IS.......hey, to bad you can't eat all those CD's you got???? Sorry......couldn't help myself! lol!

Those go in my ears not my mouth Wink
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 1:17 pm

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 3:51 pm

sacrifice convenience, be rewarded with quality!

(or just melt a bunch of shredded cheese on the Stouffer's TV dinner, LOL)
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 3:59 pm

I have to make my own food or I'll balloon up and up!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 6:45 pm

I came down with high blood pressure all of a sudden, so I have to make my own food to control my salt intake. Good food, but I do really miss convenience foods at times. Cooking and doing dishes is work! Maybe I'll think about finding another wife....not. Smile
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 12:19 am

my wife & i take turns cooking or cook together. we rarely eat out. mostly just when traveling.

KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 2:18 am

I can't cook but, I would like to take some cooking classes sometime in the future.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 1:56 pm

There is nothing like home cooking, and if you make it yourself, it's a bonus. The last few times I've eaten out, let's just say the food has not agreed with my stomach.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 2:00 pm

I'm not a great cook but I can get by if I need to. (I can make a MEAN batch of garlic & herb mashed potatoes!) When my wife was in the hospital for four days after having our new baby, my older son and I survived on my cooking all that time. I felt kinda proud that I didn't have to take him to McDonald's the entire time. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 2:03 pm

When we have the Heart of Metal Meet and Greet here in Florida, I'll make pizza. I make a MEAN pizza, kids. Smile
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 2:56 pm

Awesome, I noticed my heartburn disappeared too since I started.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 2:56 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm not a great cook but I can get by if I need to. (I can make a MEAN batch of garlic & herb mashed potatoes!) When my wife was in the hospital for four days after having our new baby, my older son and I survived on my cooking all that time. I felt kinda proud that I didn't have to take him to McDonald's the entire time. Smile

The Betty Crocker instant don't count Wink
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 2:58 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

The Betty Crocker instant don't count Wink

No instant here, I do'em from scratch brother! It's the only way!
Back to top Go down
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 10:00 am

mmmmmm. . . instant noodles. . . . mmmm
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 10:10 am

I can nake my own food, all right, but cant eat wht I make! lol!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 10:29 am

I like to BBQ.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 10:35 am

ME TOO!!!!! Troublezone, I wanna build a cool bbq island thing in my
backyard! Like build it out of brick or stone and then drop a really
nice grill in it from the top. But I'd like to have the luxury or gas
or charcoal.

Last edited by on Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 11:06 am

I love cooking, something about it is fun. And if the food turns out well, all the better. I make an awesome stir fry.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 11:06 am

Quote :
my wife & i take turns cooking or cook together. we rarely eat out. mostly just when traveling

This almost exactly describes my family's set up......

eating out only rarely with family, traveling, or a fun day with the kids....
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 1:54 pm

ah i am glad tv dinners do not exist in my country.

i barely watch tv anyway. i havent today i was playing pokemon red on gameboy advance
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 7:24 am

I live off of Tuna and Hamburger helpers. But more recently I buy packages of pre-cooked chicken or those pouches of tuna fillets from Starkist and make mac & cheese, or other rice/pasta sides and either frozen spinach or brocoli. I would cook more but I'm just too damn lazy. (I need me a woman who knows and loves to cook because I love to eat). Budget restraints have forced me to cook more often (I bought a lot of fast food but it gets old real quick) and I'm also loosing weight so It's for the best.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 am

a hahaha i made myself a frankfurter sandwhich for myself and that is about as far as my culinary skills go
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 8:13 pm

Today I had two chicken breasts smothered in salsa and melted cheese (an idea I came up with earlier today). Worked well and I'll probably make it more in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man, making your own food...   Man, making your own food... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Man, making your own food...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: