Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm)

Go down 
+6
DakotaRogers
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Troublezone
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17063

RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm) Empty
PostSubject: RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm)   RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 5:20 am

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/10/angus-scrimm-obituary-phantasm
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17063

PostSubject: Re: RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm)   RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 5:32 am

The Tall Man character is one of the greatest villains in the horror genre. I'm glad they recently finished one last Phantasm movie entitled "Ravager" with Angus. It is scheduled to be released later this year.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm)   RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 7:02 am

He had a cameo role in "John Dies At The End" too.  I've seen him in several movies over the years but every time I saw him I always thought of "The Tall Man".

RIP Tall Man.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm)   RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 8:08 am

That's a bummer. Phantasm was never my favorite franchise but Tall Man is an icon. R.I.P.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18895

PostSubject: Re: RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm)   RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 11:48 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39461

PostSubject: Re: RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm)   RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 11:56 am

He'll forever be remembered as The Tall Man. An iconic character.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm)   RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 2:18 pm

The Grim Reaper's been on a roll lately, this is ridiculous.

R.I.P., Angus. Here's to hoping Phantasm V sees the light of day.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm)   RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 5:56 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
The Grim Reaper's been on a roll lately, this is ridiculous.

R.I.P., Angus. Here's to hoping Phantasm V sees the light of day.

Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing.  It's like the Reaper is making up for lost time.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm)   RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 8:36 pm

RIP. Btw, Angus Scrimm is a seriously bad ass name. Sounds like someone you don't mess with.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm)   RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 8:49 pm

the sentinel wrote:
RIP. Btw, Angus Scrimm is a seriously bad ass name. Sounds like someone you don't mess with.

He looked that way too.  Even in his advanced years he still looked like a former Mafia boss you didn't want to mess with. 

That cameo in John Dies At The End is a good example.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm)   RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 10:02 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm)   RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 1:33 am

R.I.P
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm)   RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 6:34 pm

BOYYYY
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm)   RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 6:49 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:

BOYYYY

That was great.  Brought back so many memories.

I couldn't believe what I was watching the first time I saw Phantasm.  It's part horror movie and part science fiction; I'd never seen anything quite like it.  And there's so much going on.  After the first 2 entries in the franchise it got pretty lame but those first two are gold in my book.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm)   RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 1:04 pm

I missed this one. I remember those movies, they were my first horror movies.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm)   RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIP Angus Scrimm (Phantasm)
Page 1 of 1