Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vintage Stereo Equipment

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Vintage Stereo Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Vintage Stereo Equipment   Vintage Stereo Equipment Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 8:18 pm

So, my father in law just gave me an old turntable ( a BIC belt drive 940) and an AM/FM stereo receiver (Onkyo TX 2500MKII) and some speakers and they are all in great shape. I have a ton of cables and stuff too. Is there anything else I need to hook all this up and spin some records? Thanks in advance for the help guys.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Stereo Equipment   Vintage Stereo Equipment Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 11:29 pm

Make sure that the stylus(needle) is good. Outside of that it seems like you are good to go. Check the belt, too.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Stereo Equipment   Vintage Stereo Equipment Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 7:58 am

chewie wrote:
Make sure that the stylus(needle) is good. Outside of that it seems like you are good to go. Check the belt, too.

Yeah, I checked the needle (and there is an extra one in a small capsule) and it looks clean. I will check the belt, too. Thanks, chewie.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Stereo Equipment   Vintage Stereo Equipment Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 11:41 am

the sentinel wrote:
chewie wrote:

Yeah, I checked the needle (and there is an extra one in a small capsule) and it looks clean. I will check the belt, too. Thanks, chewie.

Oh yeah, here's a good place to go for supplies:
Turntable Needles

I also recommend this: Discwasher Vinyl Record Care System and this Stylus Cleaning Kit
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Stereo Equipment   Vintage Stereo Equipment Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 5:24 pm

Cool.

Wish someone would give me something. Smile
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Stereo Equipment   Vintage Stereo Equipment Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 5:58 pm

martinsane wrote:
Cool.

Wish someone would give me something. Smile

Just tell a co-worker that your into vintage stereo equipment! That's how I ended up with three turntables, two receivers and a double cassette deck. Decent mid-fi stuff, too.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Stereo Equipment   Vintage Stereo Equipment Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 1:05 pm

Well, yesterday I ended up giving all the stuff back to my father in law as nothing worked in conjunction with each other. Each item was in great condition and operated fine independently, but I wasn't going to put a bunch of money into old stuff and mixing it with new equipment. I would rather spend the money on new tech and have it all match up than Frankensteining something together if I still want to have a record collection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Stereo Equipment   Vintage Stereo Equipment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage Stereo Equipment
Page 1 of 1