Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017)

Go down 
+3
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017) Empty
PostSubject: Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017)   Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 11:40 am

Stormspell strikes again!

Out in mid-September 2017: Twisting the Blade, the second album by this old school leather n' spikes metal combo from Ireland. Fans of Metal Church, Accept, Armored Saint, etc. should give'em a whirl.

Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017) 13677638_f520

Album review @ my blog:
https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Stereo-Nasty-Twisting-the-Blade-2017-Album-Review

"Kill Or Be Killed" on YouTube:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39609

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017)   Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 12:38 pm

That cover reminds me of either a scene or maybe a poster from one of the Friday The 13th films. Or maybe some other slasher film. God knows I've seen enough of them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017)   Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 12:41 pm

007 wrote:
That cover reminds me of either a scene or maybe a poster from one of the Friday The 13th films. Or maybe some other slasher film. God knows I've seen enough of them.

Yup, that's exactly the vibe they're going for. The band's name is a play on the term "Video Nasty," which was a PMRC-style controversy in the U.K. during the '80s, when government censors declared that certain horror films were too "obscene" for release in the British home video market.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39609

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017)   Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 12:45 pm

Cool. And that song is "killer"! Sorry. Had to do it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017)   Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 1:02 pm

007 wrote:
Cool.  And that song is "killer"! Sorry. Had to do it.

headbanger I had to resist the urge to make that same pun when I wrote my review. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017)   Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 3:13 pm

007 wrote:

Maybe this one?

Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017) Halloween_%281978%29_theatrical_poster
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017)   Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 11:53 pm

Picked up their first album in paris earlier this year. Great band. This will definitely be a blind purchase.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017)   Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 am

Sounds like a cool band going by the description, but also, the band name sounds pretty misleading.

The name sounds more like a third or fourth tier 1980s hair band than a traditional heavy metal band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017)   Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 5:17 am

The name sounds more like a third or fourth tier 1980s hair band

That was what I was hoping for when I opened this thread! That said, I like the genre that this group is aligning themselves with as well. Not sure it is something I would listen to regularly but I hope to hear more buzz about them in the future.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017)   Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 5:19 am

I was thinking they would be a lower tier hair band as well! That said, I like the genre that this group is aligning themselves with as well. Not sure it is something I would listen to regularly but I hope to hear more buzz about them in the future. [/quote]
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017)   Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 2:26 pm

this release is excellent - and so is their first one. Very enjoyable stuff.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017)   Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stereo Nasty - Twisting the Blade (2017)
Page 1 of 1