Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest

Go down 
+19
Gilbert
manny
mikeinfla
Leatherface
metalinmyveins
corplhicks
Thelemech
thejokeriv
assault_attack
80s Metal Lady
Wurthless
Lari
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
nevermore
MoonChild
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
James B.
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Favorite Song off of "Sad Wings of Destiny"
1. "Victim of Changes"
Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap42%Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 42% [ 14 ]
2. "The Ripper"
Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap24%Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 24% [ 8 ]
3. "Dreamer Deceiver"
Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap21%Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 21% [ 7 ]
4. "Deceiver"
Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap0%Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
5. "Prelude"
Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap0%Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
6. "Tyrant"
Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap6%Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
7. "Genocide"
Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap3%Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
8. "Epitaph"
 0% [ 0 ]
9. "Island of Domination"
Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap3%Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 33

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 9:02 am

Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest 220px-Sad_wings_of_destiny_cover

Released March 23, 1976
Recorded November-December 1975
Rockfield Studios, Wales
Produced by Jerry Calvert, Max West, & Judas Priest

Personnel-Rob Halford – vocals, K. K. Downing – guitar, Glenn Tipton – guitar, piano, Ian Hill – bass guitar, Alan Moore – drums.

Lots of great songs on this album headbanger
My favorite has always been "The Ripper"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 9:13 am

The Ripper! A legendary track in metal history.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 9:17 am

According to me, this is a brilliant album, to choose one song, I go with Dreamer Deceiver.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 9:35 am

Such a great album! The Ripper gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 11:33 am

Tyrant, because why not?

'Victim of Changes' close behind, although the live version of that one is where it's at, man. Rob just kills it at the end.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 11:34 am

"The Ripper" for me, but the entire album is a 10/10.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 11:38 am

Maybe Dreamer Deceiver. But I voted for Genocide anyway. A lot of great songs. Some underrated, some overplayed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 12:25 pm

I usually only play the tracks that aren't featured on Unleashed In The East (because I consider those versions to be far superior to the studio versions).

Of those remaining tracks my favorite is Island of Dominaton.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 12:27 pm

Victim Of Changes for me.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 12:33 pm

"Dreamer Deceiver / Deceiver" for me. I've always loved those two tracks the most. The lyrics are stellar, the vocals are ear-piercing, and the riffing is glorious.

Sad Wings is my favorite Priest album by far. There's something magical about it.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 12:57 pm

Great album, but the next one would be even BETTER!

I went with "Dreamer Deceiver." It is so beautiful.

Listening to this album again, I had forgotten or didn't realize how good "Tyrant" is. I even like it better than "The Ripper."
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 1:16 pm

The 1st song I ever heard by Judas Priest on the radio was "Victim of Changes"  So it gets my vote.

I was lucky to be backstage for the US festival so I posted the video from that show. Good times!

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 10:35 pm

Victim. .... but the version on unleashed blows the studio version away
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 11:59 pm

Victim Of Changes - a definite classic tune.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 12:36 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Victim. .... but the version on unleashed blows the studio version away

Completely agree!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 8:15 am

I love "Victim of Changes", but it's so much better on Unleashed, so I'm going to go with "The Ripper".

...and with that my 2,500th post and I'm now officially apart of the gang (7 + years later) Smile
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 12:05 pm

Dreamer Deceiver
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 1:33 pm

My favorite Priest album but my favorite is Victim. Love this album and actually prefer the studio versions over the live ones, as good as those are on Unleashed In The East.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 3:17 pm

I love every song on this album, but vote went to 'Victims' thou I agree the live version kills the studio version
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 3:22 pm

the ripper. man it's been years since I last played those old priest albums.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 5:47 pm

Victim of Changes
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 6:47 pm

I thought  "Victim of Changes" would be a runaway winner! But it has slowly slipped into the lead.

Last edited by assault_attack on Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 7:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Tyrant, because why not?

'Victim of Changes' close behind, although the live version of that one is where it's at, man. Rob just kills it at the end.

They played it when I saw them live last night, and the note Halford held at the end, I'm pretty certain it was just slightly longer than the note he holds during the studio version.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 7:27 pm

Anyways, my vote could change varying by the day, but I voted for Dreamer Deceiver.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 8:18 pm

I went with "Victim" but ask me tomorrow and it could be almost anything from this classic masterpiece of "Judas Priest style Heavy Metal!!!!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest   Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite song off of "Sad Wings of Detiny" by Judas Priest
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next