Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+21
MetalHeartMonsterMan
HeavyThrashhead
Stone Cold
TheIronSheik
mlotek
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
Sword Of The Heretic
Lari
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
ShadowAngel
mikeinfla
Addy
Required Fields
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Leatherface
tohostudios
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 1:41 pm

tohostudios wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Holy shit!  USA is bleeping "pissed off"?????

Even Fox News Channel uses that term and in the middle of the day no less.  This "PG' shit has got to stop; I think  that's the biggest thing hurting WWE today.  They could get away with all the lame storylines and characters if they'd throw a little blood or language in there but lacking both aspects is lethal IMO.

But even with all that...Heyman is still SOOOOOO great on the mic.

Just last night I watched the pre-Attitude Era WWE shoot promo where Bret Hart said 'sh*t' 4 or 5 times on Raw and used pissed off too. That would never happen today.

Oh, speaking of Bret Hart, I'm watching his 1995 Summerslam match with Issac Yankem. If you guys remember, that was Kane's first gimmick as Jerry Lawler's dentist. He wears lifts in his boots as Kane so it's funny to see him only a handful of inches taller that Hart.

I think it's funnier to see Kane with hair.

That too, looks like a damn wig!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:13 pm

Wow.  I went to bed before this happened last night.  So fake blood is acceptable but actual blading isn't?  WTH is that?  Watch the cell phone video. It's SOOO obvious that the announcer slipped something to Reigns.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2016/2/23/11098810/roman-reigns-blood-capsule-packet-raw-main-event-wwe-blading-policy-triple-h-assault-video

The funniest part is that the whole time HHH is ramming Reigns' head into the announce table, the crowd is chanting "YES!"

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:24 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Wow.  I went to bed before this happened last night.  So fake blood is acceptable but actual blading isn't?  WTH is that?  Watch the cell phone video. It's SOOO obvious that the announcer slipped something to Reigns.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2016/2/23/11098810/roman-reigns-blood-capsule-packet-raw-main-event-wwe-blading-policy-triple-h-assault-video

The funniest part is that the whole time HHH is ramming Reigns' head into the announce table, the crowd is chanting "YES!"

You can't get Hep C from fake blood. Their concern with blood is most likely due to communicable diseases. I doubt USA cares that much. Frankly, I don't know why they don't use fake blood. This is a theatrical presentation after all.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:38 pm

They started the whole "no blood/PG" policy when Linda McMahon was running for the state senate in CT.  They dropped all the blood because of political reasons initially but then decided that they want to appeal to kids and using any blood (fake or otherwise) became passé.  Notice this was the final segment on the show so it was outside of the primetime block. 

Personally I don't care whether it's real or fake but if they're going to do Hell In A Cell, Street Fight, Hardcore, Last Man Standing, etc matches, they need to use color otherwise all believability goes out the window.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 6:12 pm

tohostudios wrote:
They started the whole "no blood/PG" policy when Linda McMahon was running for the state senate in CT.  They dropped all the blood because of political reasons initially but then decided that they want to appeal to kids and using any blood (fake or otherwise) became passé.  Notice this was the final segment on the show so it was outside of the primetime block. 

Personally I don't care whether it's real or fake but if they're going to do Hell In A Cell, Street Fight, Hardcore, Last Man Standing, etc matches, they need to use color otherwise all believability goes out the window.

I agree. Why have a cage match and no blood?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 6:38 pm

One of the best segments I've seen on Raw in the past several years was from a couple years ago (I think) when HHH rammed Lesnar's head into the ringpost and legitimately busted him open from ear to ear.  It was funny how the WWE cameras kept trying to find a side of Lesnar that wasn't "wearing the crimson mask" but he was bleeding so badly it was impossible.  That was the most believable thing I've seen on Raw in ages.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Tonight I'm watching TNA Lockdown.   This used to be a PPV but now it's on free TV.  So far it's as boring as WWE.

All the matches take place in a 6-sided steel cage but like WWE, so far there's been no blood.  So what's the point of the cage?????

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 9:40 pm

THIS could be interesting...

http://www.usnews.com/news/entertainment/articles/2016-02-23/former-wwe-announcer-jim-ross-signs-with-cbs-as-boxing-voice

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 10:11 pm

tohostudios wrote:
OK, this opening segment of RAW just screams "desperation".

For one thing, it ran for 30 minutes.  For another thing, the ultimate payoff is a "Heck" In The Cell Match between Shane McMahon and The Undertaker???  Seriously?  Shane hasn't been on TV in years.  And there hasn't been a real Hell In The Cell match in just about as long.  And since there's a "no blood" policy, what the hell are these guys going to do?  It's an ancient geezer of a wrestler who has more nagging lifetime injuries than you can shake a stick at vs another middle-aged guy who isn't even a wrestler.  So without weapons or blood just how will this sell any tickets?

It's better than the original plan, Braun Stroman.

tohostudios wrote:
As if I need another reason to dislike Roman Reigns, tonight he's sporting a "man bun". Man I hate that trend.

At least he has the hair to do it. Though they certainly look stupid, they can be practical for guys with long hair (I had to do it at Amazon around managers who were very strict with the 'hair above shoulders' safety rule). The worst "man buns" are the ones on guys with short hair.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 6:01 am

Music video by the band Prophecy23
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 11:14 pm

What happened to Ahmed Johnson?!

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Ahmedandahmed

I thought the members of Demolition let themselves go!

I was a big fan of his back in the day. Little did I know, he was a danger to his opponents and is today considered one of the most dangerous wreslters to step into the squared circle. Guess now that he's starting to show up in the PPVs I'm watching I'll be able to see it myself.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 9:46 am

I thought this was pretty funny from the Supernatural episode aired the other night.

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 10:35 am

On the latest WOOOOO! Nation with Ric Flair he interviews Paul Orndorff. I had no idea Paul had cancer. I am still listening so I don't know all of the details but Paul sounds very old, almost like an old grandma. Curious to hear the whole thing I always liked Mr. Wonderful.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 5:10 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
OK, this opening segment of RAW just screams "desperation".

For one thing, it ran for 30 minutes.  For another thing, the ultimate payoff is a "Heck" In The Cell Match between Shane McMahon and The Undertaker???  Seriously?  Shane hasn't been on TV in years.  And there hasn't been a real Hell In The Cell match in just about as long.  And since there's a "no blood" policy, what the hell are these guys going to do?  It's an ancient geezer of a wrestler who has more nagging lifetime injuries than you can shake a stick at vs another middle-aged guy who isn't even a wrestler.  So without weapons or blood just how will this sell any tickets?

I figured it out as soon as he walked out. "Oh, so Shane is back to face Taker at Mania". I am not too familiar with Shane as I took a break from wrestling for several years. Didn't have cable at the time so I stopped watching. When I started watching again was the WCW invasion angle. I was at the last Nitro here in Panama City when Shane walked out. I had no idea who he was. A short time later we got cable again and I watched some but I really have no idea who he is or what he does. Personally, I am not interested in a Shane/Taker match.

If it weren't for Brock I would take another 2 or 3 year break from it. Maybe I will after WrestleMania.

Something else that bothers me is the unprofessional cameras on Raw now. They "bobble" with the moves and it is very distracting and looks like something a middle school kid would film. Terrible camera shots in WWE now (don't watch Smackdown but I assume it is the same there as well).

Too bad you missed out on some of the best wrestling matches of the late 1990s-2001, because Shane had some of the most intense matches and took crazier bumps than spot monkeys like Jeff Hardy.
Shane has always been a fan favorite (compared to Stephanie or Vince), so the crowd's pop for him as a babyface is 100% real,and not just soley due to him being away for years.

I only check out RAW and NXT, (mostly NXT), but if Smackdown has "amateur" camera work, then I will guess it is another idea that Triple H had in attracting back the hardcore wrestling fans who only watch NXT, TNA , ROH, Lucha Underground, etc, and in turn will get casual fans to hear about it, from the real wrestling maniac fans that some of the WWE shows are "just as cool" now.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 4:30 pm

Undertaker's wife recently shared a photo of him working out and looks in shape, and putting back on the massive weight again.
I was wondering if he was on heroin or some drug before because of how thin and old he appeared the last time he was on TV.

http://www.sescoops.com/photo-recent-picture-of-the-undertaker-working-out-at-the-gym/

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Undertaker-workout

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/679901-photos-of-the-undertaker-meeting-fans-before-raw-tonight-promo-video-for-steiner-in-the-uk-new-shane-mcmahon-workout-clip

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 5:36 pm

I may have told this story before but when I was living in Connecticut, one day several WWF (as it was called then) wrestlers came to my Gold's Gym to work out because they had a show in New Haven that night.  The two notable guys were Randy Savage and The Undertaker (also there were Paul Roma and Jim Powers).  Naturally everyone just cleared out and watched these guys workout.  Good Lord!  The Undertaker just started piling plates onto a barbell and then practically threw it through the ceiling.  You don't really appreciate how BIG these dudes are until you see them in person.  They were all out of there in about 45 minutes or so but not before 'Taker took a picture with the girl at the front desk.  She was about as tall as his knees.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 6:25 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I may have told this story before but when I was living in Connecticut, one day several WWF (as it was called then) wrestlers came to my Gold's Gym to work out because they had a show in New Haven that night.  The two notable guys were Randy Savage and The Undertaker (also there were Paul Roma and Jim Powers).  Naturally everyone just cleared out and watched these guys workout.  Good Lord!  The Undertaker just started piling plates onto a barbell and then practically threw it through the ceiling.  You don't really appreciate how BIG these dudes are until you see them in person.  They were all out of there in about 45 minutes or so but not before 'Taker took a picture with the girl at the front desk.  She was about as tall as his knees.

I still call it WWF from time to time Very Happy.

I remember seeing a list of bench press numbers for wrestlers and Undertaker was around or close to 500lbs. Another list I saw was wrestlers actual height and found it funny that someone said Undertaker is only 6'6". ONLY?! There was a guy from Africa I went to boot camp with who was that tall and he looked like a mountain.The weight and height of the wrestlers may be exaggerated, but to think that means they aren't really that big is all kinds of wrong.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 6:33 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I still call it WWF from time to time
I remember seeing a list of bench press numbers for wrestlers and Undertaker was around or close to 500lbs.

That sounds about right.  I think I remember five or six 45lb plates on each side.  The amazing thing was that he didn't just hoist it up for one struggling rep; he cranked out at least 6 or 7.  And UT has long arms; I've always contended short-armed guys have an easier time with bench press because they don't have to extend as far at the top.

Keep in mind this was almost 25 years ago so UT was a lot younger (and presumable stronger) back then.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 2:19 am

tohostudios wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I still call it WWF from time to time
I remember seeing a list of bench press numbers for wrestlers and Undertaker was around or close to 500lbs.

That sounds about right.  I think I remember five or six 45lb plates on each side.  The amazing thing was that he didn't just hoist it up for one struggling rep; he cranked out at least 6 or 7.  And UT has long arms; I've always contended short-armed guys have an easier time with bench press because they don't have to extend as far at the top.

Keep in mind this was almost 25 years ago so UT was a lot younger (and presumable stronger) back then.

I think you're right about the arm length thing. When I wrestled in high school, no matter how hard I tried, my bench press never rose above 185 lbs. while the smaller guys were all getting over 200lbs. Years later I mentioned that at a family gathering and my brothers in law told be about how the length of your arms effects that. One of them is 6'7" and over 300lbs. (we call him the Ginger Giant because of his red hair and pale skin) and he said his bench press was never much (relative to his size, I'm sure he could get over 200lbs Very Happy).
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 2:33 am

In the 1996 Survivor Series, I saw Undertaker get attacked by a guy called the Executioner (for some reason I didn't remember him):

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Etg09

Turns out it was Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 2:52 am

I'm sure this was just a coincidence, but you know how the Bray mentions "sister Abigail"? Well apparently Uncle Barry (Windham) has a daughter named Abigail (from reading his wikipedia page).
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 11:43 pm

Watching the 1996 Survivor Series.

I have reached the point where they had the sorry attempt at making JR a heel with the guy who nobody remembers as the fake Razor and Glenn Jacobs (Kane) as the fake Diesel. Good thing it didn't last long and Glenn got to move on to better things.

Oh, and there's Flash Funk! Poor 2 Cold Scorpio was a victim of the dying days of gimmick wrestlers.

Also I saw The Rock's first appearance as the soul survivor of his team earlier. Man that was a bad hair cut!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 6:49 pm

Believe it or not, two buddies of mine have a band called MaxXout and they just released their first video - "Kayfabe" - that stars none other than WWF/WCW legend Virgil!

It turns out that Virgil lives right here in Pittsburgh and was more than eager to participate in the video. My friends have many hilarious stories of all the crazy things Virgil was telling them.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 7:17 pm

I'm not that wild about the song but the video is beyond hilarious.  So much going on that just cracks me up.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 9:21 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm not that wild about the song but the video is beyond hilarious.  So much going on that just cracks me up.

Bear in mind that they are a joke band, so they aren't striving for anything good. Ha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: