Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015

Go down 
+18
metaldude
Boris2008
Thelemech
thejokeriv
exact33
MetalGuy71
James B.
Required Fields
Witchfinder
nevermore
DallasBlack
Leatherface
manny
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
chewie
tohostudios
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 6:03 pm

I just saw a promo for Sharknado 3.

Man, I may actually have to check this out.  What a cast!

Tara Reid, Frankie Muniz, Bo Derek, David Hasselhoff, Mark Cuban (as the President), Ann Coulter (as the Vice President) - those last two casting choices alone should be worth the price of admission -,Chris Jericho,  Michael Bolton and Jerry Springer.

I hope Michael Bolton dies a gory death.  If he does it's just too bad they didn't get Phil Collins, Steve Perry and Dave Matthews to do the film too.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 8:16 pm

Mark Cuban as the President ! lol!

I will be watching this one
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 9:05 pm

"Metal Tornado" (2011)

In this cheaper-looking than usual SyFy nonsense, Lou Diamond Philips (remember when he used to have a career?) and Greg "BJ and the Bear" Evigan (!!) battle a whirling, metal-attracting vortex of doom - the by-product of a scientific experiment gone wrong - before it can tear its way through Philadelphia. Pointless.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 9:10 am

"The November Man" (2014)

Pierce Brosnan may not be James Bond anymore, but he can still whoop some spy-game ass! He's a retired CIA agent who gets "reactivated" to protect a girl who's been targeted by some very bad Eastern European people. Cool cloak and dagger stuff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 3:00 pm

Allo Allo!
Futureama
Texas Rising
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 3:18 pm

Spider-Man 3 - the Sam Raimi trilogy goes out with a fizzle
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 10:03 pm

Dead End City (1988).

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 14wgmk7

Hard to find 1980s action movie about a vigilante resistance force leader fighting gangs for control of the city.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 8:45 am

Bob's Burgers
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 8:53 am

"M*A*S*H*" (1970)

In this classic satire of military life during the Korean War, the day-to-day adventures of two Army field-hospital surgeons (Donald Sutherland and Elliott Gould) include playing pranks on their superior officers, drinking lots of martinis, hitting on nurses, and occasionally saving some lives.

Like many people, I am more familiar with the long-running TV series based on this movie, than with the film itself. Released during the height of the Vietnam conflict, the crude humor in "M*A*S*H*" was apparently considered quite shocking/subversive in its day (legend has it that this was the first major studio film in which someone said the "F" word), but its edges have been dulled by the passage of time. There's no real "story" to this movie, it feels like it was stitched together from a bunch of random sketches.. Still, it's a fairly entertaining period piece.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 10:32 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"M*A*S*H*" (1970)

In this classic satire of military life during the Korean War, the day-to-day adventures of two Army field-hospital surgeons (Donald Sutherland and Elliott Gould) include playing pranks on their superior officers, drinking lots of martinis, hitting on nurses, and occasionally saving some lives.

Like many people, I am more familiar with the long-running TV series based on this movie, than with the film itself. Released during the height of the Vietnam conflict, the crude humor in "M*A*S*H*" was apparently considered quite shocking/subversive in its day (legend has it that this was the first major studio film in which someone said the "F" word), but its edges have been dulled by the passage of time. There's no real "story" to this movie, it feels like it was stitched together from a bunch of random sketches.. Still, it's a fairly entertaining period piece.

I cannot watch this movie without even thinking of Alan Alda, Wayne Rogers, et al. They are the people I associate with the characters, not Sutherland, Gould and so on. Still I do enjoy the film and like to catch it from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 11:37 am

Quote :
I cannot watch this movie without even thinking of Alan Alda, Wayne Rogers, et al. They are the people I associate with the characters, not Sutherland, Gould and so on. Still I do enjoy the film and like to catch it from time to time.

Yep, same here. When I was a kid "M*A*S*H*" was my parents' favorite TV show but I was almost in my early teens before I even knew that a movie existed prior to the show. I happened to pick up an old back issue of MAD magazine (of all things) at a comic book convention which had a parody of the Sutherland/Gould movie in it, and I was like "Wait...you mean, this was a movie?" Laughing very hard

I'd actually never seen the film till this viewing, though I've been curious about it for a long time. I just finished reading a book about the so-called "New Hollywood" movement of the '70s, when all these new, young American directors came into prominence and shook up the old fashioned "studio system"... "M*A*S*H*" was a major part of it, along with Dennis Hopper's "Easy Rider," Coppola's "Apocalypse Now," Warren Beatty's "Bonnie & Clyde," Lucas' "THX 1138" and "Star Wars," Scorsese's "Taxi Driver," etc., etc., ... lots of stuff I either haven't seen in a long time or have never seen at all, so now I'm off on a '70s movie kick. Razz

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 11:46 am

While I too grew up with the tv version, I've seen that movie numerous times and love it. Probably better than the tv show nowadays. The early episodes are classics, but I can't take Alan Alda's preachiness in the later seasons.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 11:53 am

Yeah the show's tone did change after awhile. For me, it was about the time that Frank Burns (Larry Linville) left the show. I can still watch the episodes after that but they are not the same.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 12:11 pm

007 wrote:
Yeah the show's tone did change after awhile. For me, it was about the time that Frank Burns (Larry Linville) left the show. I can still watch the episodes after that but they are not the same.

Sounds about right. I'm not sure when it happened exactly, but I think Alan Alda started taking more creative control behind the scenes and it was becoming more about Hawkeye and his moral crusade against, well, you name it. Still some funny stuff in there though.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 1:51 pm

Starting my mother on:

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Fringe-season-4-poster
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 5:17 pm

ABCs Of Death 2

I think "B is for Badger" is hilarious.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 9:31 am

Wrestling's Not Wrestling
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 2:29 pm

Leatherface wrote:

What's that?

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 2:36 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Leatherface wrote:

What's that?

I think he's referring to this:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 3:26 pm

Thirteen Days - A-
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 10:32 pm

The Illusionist
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 9:49 am

Over the past few days....The Bobby Leibling documentary (Pentagram), History Of The Eagles Part 1 & 2, Good Old Freda (The Beatles secretary), Big Star: Nothing Can Hurt Me, Who is Harry Nillson documentary.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 9:29 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Aneyeforaneye19812
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 9:38 pm

I haven't seen those late 70s/early 80s Chuck Norris films for years.  My favorite was Silent Rage.  Because it's SO f**king ridiculous (and scummy too!) that it just reaches a level of high unintentional art.  Hmmmm...let's see what happens when we take our standard Chuck Norris action vehicle and insert a mad scientist and the unstoppable, self-healing killer he cooked up in his lab! What happens is 90 minutes of fun.  I saw Silent Rage when I was 12 and I'm telling you, it's quite possibly THE perfect movie for a 12 year old male.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 11:14 am

Pawn Stars
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015
Page 3 of 36Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next