Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”?

Go down 
5 posters

Welcome to Hell
Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”? Vote_lcap0%Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Soulstrippers
Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”? Vote_lcap0%Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Brotherhood
Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”? Vote_lcap17%Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”? Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Crossfire
 0% [ 0 ]
Siberian Winter
 0% [ 0 ]
Detonator
 0% [ 0 ]
Pirate Song
Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”? Vote_lcap17%Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”? Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Unation
 0% [ 0 ]
Dr. Horror
 0% [ 0 ]
The Ghost (T. E. Lawrence)
Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”? Vote_lcap66%Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”? Vote_rcap
 66% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”? Empty
PostSubject: Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”?   Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 2:51 pm

Ha! I like making up crazy titles for these polls. Anyway, I first listened to this 2002 release just a couple months ago when I started doing these polls. The only song I knew from it previously was “The Pirate Song” which was a Top 10 all-time RW song to me. I use the word “was” because I will probably have to knock it down in favor of other songs on this album. The Brotherhood is incredible. Almost every song is great. Even the instrumental, which I normally consider filler, is a meaty 6:00+ track. In fact, here are my top 3 RW albums:

1. Port Royal
2. Black Hand Inn
3. The Brotherhood

I had to piece this album together from Youtube videos, but it was worth it, obviously. If you have not heard this album, I highly recommend seeking it out. It is RW at their best.

Now for the highlights which are pretty much the entire album, but I’ll narrow it down to a few stellar tracks. “Soulstrippers” is catchy as hell as is “Crossfire.” I really like the guitar work on “Detonator.” “The Pirate Song” has always been a favorite RW song for me. I also really like “Unation.” Usually I do not pick long songs as my favorite, but I have to make an exception for this album. My vote goes to “The Ghost (T.E. Lawrence)” about the poet’s stint as a liaison officer during the Arab Revolt at the time of the First World War. They use every bit of the 10:22 with eastern flavors and flying riffs. It makes the listener feel they are riding out on the desert.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”?   Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 3:28 pm

I just listened to this today and like you, the Ghost gets my vote for the best. I really like that one.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”?   Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 2:53 pm

This album isn't bad but feels a little phoned in at times. Other then Pirate Song and The Ghost nothing sticks. That said, it wasn't easy to do music like this in 2002.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”?   Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:29 am

Soulstrippers is a catchy song. But my votes goes to The Ghost.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”?   Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 12:57 pm

I don't post just to bump these polls; BUT, this album is headbanger, and maybe moving this thread back up will spark an interest to check it out.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”?   Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 11:32 pm

Being a huge fan of all things David Lean and Lawrence of Arabia in general, The Ghost gets my vote. Killer Middle Eastern vibe in parts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”?   Who’s Your Best Bro on Running Wild’s “The Brotherhood”? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1