Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Running Wild

Go down 
+5
ensiferum2k
stormspell
KissinMaiden
krokus
DallasBlack
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Running Wild Empty
PostSubject: Running Wild   Running Wild Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 9:36 am

Back in 2002 I picked up Black Hand Inn at a bus or train station, I can't remeber which, in Barcelona, Spain while I was in port (I used to be in the U.S. Navy). Up until then I had never heard of Running Wild but now that disc is one of my favorite, especially Fight The Fire Of Hate which has become a regular in my playlists for the past 5 years. For some reason I've never gotten any of their albums (mostly because it's hard to find them). I plan on getting some more albums from bands I listen to so as to broaden my collection (in the past I was more interested in a large variety of bands instead of building a discography of different bands).

Can anyone suggest some other Running Wild albums that are on par with, almost as good, or better than Black Hand Inn?

Amazon has a box set on sale which includes the albums: The Rivalry, Victory , and The Brotherhood, are these any good?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Running Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild   Running Wild Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 1:05 pm

I have everthing this band ever released (like their first demo, albums(cd´s and lps), maxi singles). One of my all time fave band from Germany. Love them.
HAIL TO YOU!!!!
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

Running Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild   Running Wild Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 4:38 pm

Yes! I've listened to their debut album and like it very much, looking out to get more of their stuff. I want to get to the pirate albums Smile
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Running Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild   Running Wild Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 6:44 pm

Those are the ones I'd recommend (in this particular order, though the first 5 are all must have!)

1989 Death or Glory
1988 Port Royal
1987 Under Jolly Roger
1985 Branded and Exiled
1984 Gates to Purgatory
1992 Pile of Skulls
1991 Blazon Stone
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

Running Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild   Running Wild Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 3:46 am

death or glory is my favorite by far. check that one out asap :>
Back to top Go down

Running Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild   Running Wild Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 1:47 pm

I picked up "Victory" a while back and like it quite well!

That's the only one I have though. I too, want to collect all their stuff.
Back to top Go down

Running Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild   Running Wild Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 2:04 pm

Running Wild kicks hella you-know-what! One of my favorites. The first two albums are a bit underproduced and rough. Kind of like a more technically proficient Venom (if that makes any sense.) After that, they became more of a melodic, speed metal band and adopted their pirate "sound." I can't imagine any metalhead not loving this band... They're like Iron Maiden or Judas Priest, ya just can't NOT be into them.
Back to top Go down

Running Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild   Running Wild Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 2:18 pm

From what I gather, they seem to be pretty underrated.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Running Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild   Running Wild Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 3:35 pm

You can't go wrong with Running Wild, but the decade from 1987-1997 was golden for them!

Running Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild   Running Wild Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 12:08 am

kmorg wrote:
You can't go wrong with Running Wild, but the decade from 1987-1997 was golden for them!

That's what I keep hearing. My introduction to the band was "Victory" - and a friend of mine who has all their cds tells me that one is not very good compared to their early stuff.

So I can't wait to hear it. I think it's pretty hard to find though isn't it?
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

Running Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild   Running Wild Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 3:05 am

been listening to death or glory...the first song is beast.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Running Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild   Running Wild Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:56 pm

Gotta love Running Wild! I love me some Pirate Metal! Running Wild 927150
Back to top Go down
Necrosultan
Metal novice
Metal novice
Necrosultan

Number of posts : 62

Running Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild   Running Wild Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:37 pm

Why does the song 'Walpurgis Night' end so abruptly? It's like they cut it before it has a chance to end...

And yes, RUNNING WILD OWNS!! Personally I own Gates Of Purgatory and Under Jolly Roger. Preferring Gates Of Purgatory over the other.

Seems like I need to really check out Death Or Glory and others too.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Running Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild   Running Wild Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:58 pm

Necrosultan wrote:
Why does the song 'Walpurgis Night' end so abruptly? It's like they cut it before it has a chance to end...

And yes, RUNNING WILD OWNS!! Personally I own Gates Of Purgatory and Under Jolly Roger. Preferring Gates Of Purgatory over the other.

Seems like I need to really check out Death Or Glory and others too.

Get Black Hand Inn, it was my introduction to these guys and it is a masterpiece IMO.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Running Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild   Running Wild Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:23 pm

Black Hand Inn is an all-time favorite of mine. Agree on it being a masterpiece. Yet it is one I seldom remember to pull out often. It goes unheralded in my own collection. Even stranger is why I only own two others of Running Wild. 20 Years In History and Victory. 20 Years should've made me track down all those other albums.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Running Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild   Running Wild Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:56 pm

jstate wrote:
Black Hand Inn is an all-time favorite of mine. Agree on it being a masterpiece. Yet it is one I seldom remember to pull out often. It goes unheralded in my own collection. Even stranger is why I only own two others of Running Wild. 20 Years In History and Victory. 20 Years should've made me track down all those other albums.

You have more than I do, I only have BHI. My next will probably be 20 Years and I will go from there.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Running Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild   Running Wild Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:28 pm

UN-DAH JOLIE ROJ-UH! Gotta love those Czechs!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Running Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Wild   Running Wild Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Running Wild
Page 1 of 1