Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radio Broadcasts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Radio Broadcasts Empty
PostSubject: Radio Broadcasts   Radio Broadcasts Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 9:22 pm

I have purchased a few Radio Broadcasts of concerts lately (Rush, ZZ Top, Aerosmith, Heart) from the 70's and 80's and really like them. One of the local chains here in New England has started to stock them. They are all brand new and have a cardboard slipcase over the plastic jewel case. The quality is great, the sound is great and the nostalgia factor is off the charts for me as there is sometimes a broadcaster or station identification. I have seen others (Journey, Cheap Trick, SRV) that I would like to grab and was wondering if anyone else has been snapping these up. Also, am I wrong in assuming that these are cleaned up somewhat more legit boots that have been widely traded and sold amongst fans for years?
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Radio Broadcasts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio Broadcasts   Radio Broadcasts Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 2:43 pm

More than likely they are old Westwood One Radio Broadcasts that were done over the years or King Biscuit Shows. I also know seom Winterland Shows have also recently been released. I love them too but a lot of the ones I have seen I already have as bootlegs and the boots I have sound exactly THE SAME as the ones they are selling in stores. Maybe not all of them but some are exactly the same.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Radio Broadcasts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio Broadcasts   Radio Broadcasts Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 3:12 pm

Good point, mike! After spinning the ZZ show a few times this week I realized it's a King Biscuit show. I really hope a lot more of these come around as it gets harder and harder to find good boots here in RI.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Radio Broadcasts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio Broadcasts   Radio Broadcasts Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 9:37 am

Hear Rock City:

http://w11.zetaboards.com/HEAR_ROCK_CITY/index/

and sound a boards have all soundboard boots

http://soundaboard.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Radio Broadcasts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio Broadcasts   Radio Broadcasts Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 8:44 pm

Sweet! Thanks a bunch sir.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Radio Broadcasts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio Broadcasts   Radio Broadcasts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 2:24 am

Wow cool links, thanks! I never even thought of looking online for radio broadcasts. I used to have a few on cassette tape that I list a long time ago. I see one site has a twisted sister dl, and I'm pretty sure that's one I had on tape. Too bad they don't have the Roger Waters the Wall in Berlin. I remember recording that one, and during tge show when Shibae O'conner was singing they had some technical issues and had to stop the show fir about a half hour. Would love to find my copy again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Radio Broadcasts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio Broadcasts   Radio Broadcasts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radio Broadcasts
Page 1 of 1