Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project

Go down 
+12
thejokeriv
Glower
nevermore
Dark Horseman
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
assault_attack
Boris2008
Troublezone
Witchfinder
A Handful of Wayne
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Empty
PostSubject: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 2:35 pm

This is going to be awesome. Sean Peck has been talking about a secret project he has been working on and how blown away he was at how it was coming out. Now that I know what it is, I hope he's right and I'm extremely excited for this. Denner, Shermann, Shaw and Peck in one band!? Yes Please!

Michael Denner and Hank Shermann, the original Danish guitar players of MERCYFUL FATE's legendary "Melissa" and "Don't Break the Oath" albums, have created a new classic in the forthcoming EP "Satan's Tomb", coming in 2015 on Metal Blade Records. These songs were crafted with the MERCYFUL FATE worldwide legion of fans at the forefront of the duo's collective minds. From the first riff to the last wail, one cannot help but feel the magic newly recaptured once again.

The band, which is simply called DENNER/SHERMANN, calls into service a formidable group of allies who were capable of helping realize this menagerie of malice, was a task carefully orchestrated by these metal mad scientists. Shermann first called upon Marc Grabowski (DEMONICA) to handle the bass guitar, followed by the only drummer that made sense for many obvious aspects, the one known as Snowy Shaw (MERCYFUL FATE, KING DIAMOND, DREAM EVIL). Many voices were considered, but fate lead them to Sean Peck (CAGE, DEATH DEALER). He was not only a fan but had the versatile vocal skills to make the new songs come to life like their fans would expect.

Shermann comments: "We have been writing and recording with an incredible lineup of musicians and the fans are in for a dark, classic, heavy metal treat for sure. We wanted to get back to the essence of what we created back in the early '80s. The music inevitable sounds like you would hope it to be, fans of our early work should be very excited."

Metal Blade CEO Brian Slagel adds: "I am super excited to welcome DENNER/SHERMANN to the Metal Blade family. I have known Michael and Hank for more than 25 years. I am honored to be able to work with these two legendary musicians. Really excited to work with all the guys on this exciting new band!"

DENNER/SHERMANN is:

Michael Denner - Guitar
Hank Shermann - Guitar
Sean Peck - Vocals
Snowy Shaw - Drums
Marc Grabowski - Bass

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 2:54 pm

This could be good. Can't wait to hear it.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 7:00 pm

This will be good musically, the vocals are the question...
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 7:02 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Sean Peck can easily do a King Diamond impression.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 8:49 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Sean Peck can easily do a King Diamond impression.

I hope he doesn't, that would kill it for me.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 1:47 am

Maybe closer to Primal Fear in sound? Just a guess.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 10:09 am

I never really got into Cage, but I'm curious to hear what these guys come up with.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 12:15 pm

Worth checking out. Any samples online?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 1:52 pm

I'd think Sean will have to keep his vocals more subdued then he does in Cage. Could be good.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 6:04 pm

I think this could be good.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 6:10 pm

I wonder if the project has King Diamond's 'blessing' Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project 438278
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 7:33 pm

Glower wrote:
I wonder if the project has King Diamond's 'blessing' Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project 438278

Unless this guy does a blatant KD rip off vocal, I don't really see how it would be any of his concern.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 5:35 am

Yeah, I don't think King Diamond cares now for what Hank Shermann does or plays -
esp. when Hank started wearing pink jogging pants on stage - in concert -
and wanting to go ' in a new direction ' with the music - at the time .....
maybe Hank has had a change of mind, hopefully, since then...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 8:21 am

Glower wrote:
Yeah, I don't think King Diamond cares now for what Hank Shermann does or plays -
esp. when Hank started wearing pink jogging pants on stage - in concert -
and wanting to go ' in a new direction ' with the music - at the time .....
maybe Hank has had a change of mind, hopefully, since then...

I don't care if Hank wants to wear a pink prom dress on stage so long as the music is good  lol!

You know that MF reformed after all of this and made several albums right?
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 12:43 pm

Interesting talk with Denner.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 12:53 pm

I'm down with this. Really looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 7:01 pm

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 12:58 pm

Oh yeah. I like it !
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 7:31 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 9:37 pm

I like it too!
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 10:21 pm

That's great!
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 1:57 am

I'm sold!
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 1:33 pm

So Sean peck has 3 cd's out October?

Denner/Sherman Oct 2nd

DEATH DEALER 'Hallowed Ground' Oct 2nd

CAGE 'Ancient Evil' Oct 30th

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 2:45 pm

Okay that was solid. Made me actually revisit some MF and KD. Very appreciated in today's market.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 5:30 pm

assault_attack wrote:
So Sean peck has 3 cd's out October?

Denner/Sherman Oct 2nd

DEATH DEALER  'Hallowed Ground' Oct 2nd

CAGE  'Ancient Evil' Oct 30th

Busy man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project   Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Denner and Hank Shermann new project
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next