Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ted 2 trailer released

Go down 
+6
metalinmyveins
Boris2008
corplhicks
tohostudios
Required Fields
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

Ted 2 trailer released Empty
PostSubject: Ted 2 trailer released   Ted 2 trailer released Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 1:51 pm

The trailer was just released; this movie looks funny.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Ted 2 trailer released   Ted 2 trailer released Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 4:34 pm

I enjoyed Ted for the most part but I felt the gag wore a little thin by the end.

PostSubject: Re: Ted 2 trailer released   Ted 2 trailer released Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 4:35 pm

I just watched Ted a couple nights ago, I've seen it 3 times which almost never happens with modern comedies.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Ted 2 trailer released   Ted 2 trailer released Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 8:53 am

I liked Ted but it did wear on me a bit. I'm not sure I really want to see this one. Probably catch it as a rental
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Ted 2 trailer released   Ted 2 trailer released Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 10:52 am

I saw it last night, and it was quite funny.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Ted 2 trailer released   Ted 2 trailer released Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 2:39 pm

Ted was hilarious. The only issue I had was the slight overlength. The sequel clocks in at 115m, which is still too long for a comedy. Alas, while the first one received critical praise, it looks like this one is getting panned hard for reasons I feared.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Ted 2 trailer released   Ted 2 trailer released Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 9:26 pm

Most comedy sequels don't get nearly as well received as the originals.

There are action sequels that have been generally well received, drama sequels that have been generally well received, superhero sequels that have been generally well received, but have there been any comedy sequels where the sequel was generally viewed as better? I can't think of any.

There are some comedies where I enjoy the sequels as much or almost as much, but I can't think of any where a sequel was the absolute best of the saga.

Regardless of the critical reviews, I enjoyed Ted 2. It's good if you want a good laugh.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Ted 2 trailer released   Ted 2 trailer released Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 9:43 pm

Christmas Vacation was the funniest of the Vacation movies. That's not saying much though, as they were all only sporadically funny or not funny at all. This new one looks amusing.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ted 2 trailer released   Ted 2 trailer released Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 2:06 pm

The worst comedy sequel ever is a toss up between Deuce Bigalow - European Gigolo (and I laughed my ass off to the first movie) and Blues Bothers 2000 (just painful)

It can't be worse than those two right?
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Ted 2 trailer released   Ted 2 trailer released Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 4:55 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
The worst comedy sequel ever is a toss up between Deuce Bigalow - European Gigolo (and I laughed my ass off to the first movie) and Blues Bothers 2000 (just painful)

Easily the WORST EVER....drum roll

CADDYSHACK II!!! Not even close.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ted 2 trailer released   Ted 2 trailer released Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 5:05 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Christmas Vacation was the funniest of the Vacation movies. That's not saying much though, as they were all only sporadically funny or not funny at all. This new one looks amusing.

Christmas Vacation is a fantastic comedy and very quotable.....

The Austin Powers sequels are easily as good as the first.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Ted 2 trailer released   Ted 2 trailer released Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 7:04 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Christmas Vacation is a fantastic comedy and very quotable.....

The Austin Powers sequels are easily as good as the first.

The Austin Powers sequels are decent but nowhere near as good as the first which was hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Ted 2 trailer released   Ted 2 trailer released Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 7:06 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

I don't think that I was even aware that there was a Caddyshack II!  Embarassed
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Ted 2 trailer released   Ted 2 trailer released Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 8:40 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

I don't think that I was even aware that there was a Caddyshack II!  Embarassed

It's best to leave it that way!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Ted 2 trailer released   Ted 2 trailer released Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 1:09 pm

I actually liked Caddyshack II. Then again, I like a lot of 80s/early 90s comedies hated by others.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Ted 2 trailer released   Ted 2 trailer released Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 2:06 pm

I haven't seen Caddyshack II since it first hit HBO back in the day. I have only vague memories of it, which is probably for the best.

I know Jackie Mason (who filled the "slob among the snobs" role in 'II' previously held by Rodney) has said that if he had the power, he would buy up every single copy of it that exists, so he coud destroy them.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Ted 2 trailer released   Ted 2 trailer released Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 7:53 pm

Hey, Fat Freddy, check your private messages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ted 2 trailer released   Ted 2 trailer released Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ted 2 trailer released
Page 1 of 1