Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ant-Man official trailer

Go down 
+8
corplhicks
thejokeriv
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
GrandNational
12 posters
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Ant-Man official trailer Empty
PostSubject: Ant-Man official trailer   Ant-Man official trailer Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 11:18 pm

Maybe not the biggest (no pun intended) superhero in the Marvel Universe, but I'll be seeing this:

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man official trailer   Ant-Man official trailer Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 7:55 am

I didn't even know there was a Marvel character called Ant Man.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man official trailer   Ant-Man official trailer Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 8:27 am

Looks pretty cool (tho I have heard that there was a lot of behind-the-scenes drama during the making of it)... good to see Michael Douglas again, it's been a while.

Ant-Man was never much more than a "B-list" (or perhaps even "C-list") Marvel character, but then the same could've been said for the Guardians of the Galaxy and obviously their movie turned out pretty well for everyone concerned.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man official trailer   Ant-Man official trailer Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 8:42 am

I saw this the other night while watching Agent Carter. It looks like a pretty cool movie and I'll be going to watch this one as well. I like how they've included both Henry Pym and Scott Lang in the film.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man official trailer   Ant-Man official trailer Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 3:31 pm

I'll be passing on that one. Until is shows up free on cable maybe. I like Paul Rudd, but I can't take him seriously and the tone of that trailer looks like it's way too serious for a guy that rides on a bee.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man official trailer   Ant-Man official trailer Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 8:31 pm

I'll be seeing it for sure. Until they release a stinker, Marvel will be getting the benefit of the doubt from me. I've enjoyed everything they've put out so far!

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man official trailer   Ant-Man official trailer Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 8:49 pm

The only recent Marvel movie I didn't like was Iron Man 2, that was horribly sloppy and lazy. Not surprising that the director of that movie has not been re-hired to do any other Marvel films since.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man official trailer   Ant-Man official trailer Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 9:49 pm

S.D. wrote:
The only recent Marvel movie I didn't like was Iron Man 2, that was horribly sloppy and lazy.  Not surprising that the director of that movie has not been re-hired to do any other Marvel films since.

Agree...... that was the only bad Marvel Studios flick.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man official trailer   Ant-Man official trailer Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 10:43 pm

Yeah, "Iron Man 2" was a stiff.

...tho my least favorite Marvel movie to date (keeping in mind that it's not part of the so called "Marvel Cinematic Universe") is still Raimi's "Spider-Man 3."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man official trailer   Ant-Man official trailer Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 10:55 pm

007 wrote:
I saw this the other night while watching Agent Carter. It looks like a pretty cool movie and I'll be going to watch this one as well. I like how they've included both Henry Pym and Scott Lang in the film.

Ya, the whole Ant-Man story with two other guys carrying the mantle later on and with Hank also going under Giant-Man, Yellowjacket and Goliath doesn't help either. Since Ultron was created by Hank Pym, maybe there is a tie-in with the new Avengers movie. We'll see how this plays out.

Does this make me a nerd or a geek?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man official trailer   Ant-Man official trailer Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 2:48 am

GrandNational wrote:

Does this make me a nerd or a geek?

Nerk

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man official trailer   Ant-Man official trailer Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 10:32 am

Michael Douglas really looks like his dad Kirk now.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man official trailer   Ant-Man official trailer Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 11:16 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I said the same thing when I watched this trailer. Considering what he's been thru the past couple of years, tho, he's lucky to still be walking around.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man official trailer   Ant-Man official trailer Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 1:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I said the same thing when I watched this trailer. Considering what he's been thru the past couple of years, tho, he's lucky to still be walking around.

Wow. The old man's still alive too. I coulda sworn he passed already. 98 years young. God bless 'em.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man official trailer   Ant-Man official trailer Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 2:53 am

What the F*ck is this?

Seriously. For one, I agree with the notion that Rudd can't be taken seriously. For another, this is getting kind of absurd. The Marvel movies have been quality, true, but this seems to be getting a bit ludicrous with these bottom-shelf superheroes. It's almost like a National Lampoon joke of sorts. I dunno. I'm just getting really burnt out with the Marvel saturation going on right now. After I finally see Guardians of the Galaxy I'll enjoy a nice long break.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man official trailer   Ant-Man official trailer Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 7:45 am

I will be watching it, but I am surprised they made a movie on this character who was more a C or D list but looks good
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man official trailer   Ant-Man official trailer Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 8:44 am

corplhicks wrote:
What the F*ck is this? Seriously. For one, I agree with the notion that Rudd can't be taken seriously.

I will reserve judgment on this until I see the movie. I always tell people I've never seen a Paul Rudd movie that I've not liked. Granted, Paul Rudd is one of those actors that has more or less pigeonholed himself, based on the roles he's taken, but maybe he has the ability like that of a Robin Williams, who faced these same views prior to to a movie like that of "Dead Poets Society". I've always been a lukewarm Steve Carell fan, but I can't wait to see the movie "Foxcatcher". Unfortunately, I'll have to get past Mr. Wooden/cardboard cutout/directed the same in every movie/Mr. Bore (A.K.A. Channing Tatum).

corplhicks wrote:
For another, this is getting kind of absurd. The Marvel movies have been quality, true, but this seems to be getting a bit ludicrous with these bottom-shelf superheroes. It's almost like a National Lampoon joke of sorts. I dunno. I'm just getting really burnt out with the Marvel saturation going on right now. After I finally see Guardians of the Galaxy I'll enjoy a nice long break.

Until Marvel/Disney releases a really hot steaming turd of a movie, then I have no problem with any b-list character from the comics getting their own movie. I hear the complaints about Iron Man 2, but until it gets as bad as let's say the first Fantastic Four film, then Marvel/Disney hasn't truly failed. I do think Ant-Man would work better in an ensemble. I think it would be great to see Michael Douglass (Hank Pymm) work along side that of Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo) and Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) in the next installment of the Avengers. I think the science angle of these movies will always garner interest. I think the real question will be how a movie involving the likes of sorcery (A.K.A Scarlett Witch, Doctor Strange) will go over on fans. I love both of the actors, who will be playing those parts, but it should be interesting to see how those characters line up next to that of Iron Man, Cap, Thor, etc...

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man official trailer   Ant-Man official trailer Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 8:46 am

manny wrote:
I will be watching it, but I am surprised they made a movie on this character who was more a C or D list but looks good

I think it's Marvel/Disney way of saying, we can turn everything into gold. Time will tell...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man official trailer   Ant-Man official trailer Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 10:49 pm

Here's the second trailer. This is looking pretty cool, I think.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man official trailer   Ant-Man official trailer Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 2:08 pm

I really had no real interest in this (apart if being part of the recent string of Marvel movies) but I saw the trailer before Age Of Ultron and now I'm ready to see this one.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man official trailer   Ant-Man official trailer Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 8:53 pm

i thought this was kind meh. I would watch it when it comes to netflix.

SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man official trailer   Ant-Man official trailer Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 10:37 am

I just saw it tonight. I enjoyed it very much. Some nice easter eggs tossed in, too. I thought it was more straightforward than most of the other Marvel movies. No big setups for other stuff, etc. Rudd does quite well here, as does most of the cast. It's not among the very best that Marvel has done so far, but it also is far away from their worst.

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man official trailer   Ant-Man official trailer Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 6:32 pm

Nice change of pace for Marvel, this film feels more akin to the vibe of the Sam Raimi Spiderman films than the more recent Avengers variety. I still would like to have seen Edgar Wright's vision brought to the screen but a lot of his humor seems to have survived intact. It's warmer, funnier and more self-contained than your average Marvel "universe builder" tentpole.

Michael Pena steals the film, he's hilarious. Special props to Michael Douglas as well for making a fully fleshed-out character instead of just phoning-in a standard A-lister cameo appearance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man official trailer   Ant-Man official trailer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ant-Man official trailer
Page 1 of 1