Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued

Go down 
+10
Dark Horseman
BillRoxx
exact33
Fat Freddy
shamgar75
corplhicks
bgsully
glassprison
kethdredd
mikeinfla
14 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Empty
PostSubject: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 7:30 am

Looks like a reissue/remaster is coming for this one. With some bonus tracks too. Looks like they are doing it on vinyl and CD.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 9:37 am

Can't wait for this one on vinyl. Bill are you going to give us some details?
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 9:43 am

The production on the original is terrible; hopefully they can really work some magic on that front.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 10:24 am

Great album!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 10:43 am

Well it's about time.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 11:26 am

Sweet
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 11:58 am

I got this the last time it was reissued by M8, whenever that was...2001 maybe?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 9:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I got this the last time it was reissued by M8, whenever that was...2001 maybe?

i was just going to say - I think it has already been re-issued.

BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 9:16 pm

Sure we should have a formal press release out in the next two or three weeks. Vinyl and CD are 25th anniversary Limited Edition. Vinyl and CD will both be remastered by the M8 reissue was cool but its 10 years old and even that needs a proper remaster.

Vinyl will have all the original tracks, CD will be expanded with 2 or 3 new tracks from the members of Recon with Rey Parra handling the vocals. Thats about all I can share at the moment, but these are going to be cool. Thanks for asking guys
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 9:02 am

Isn't there a Recon track floating around somewhere?  I think it has "fire" in the title.

EDIT It's Light the Fire, bonus track on the M8 Reissue. I'd like to see that included as a bonus track as well.

Very pumped for this release. Colored vinyl maybe?
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 9:10 am

Does anyone know the 2 bonus tracks that are on the Japanese release of Behind Enemy Lines.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 9:56 am

kethdredd wrote:

EDIT It's Light the Fire, bonus track on the M8 Reissue. I'd like to see that included as a bonus track as well.

There were actually two versions of "Light the Fire" on the M8 disc - one was from their 1988 demo, and the other was recorded for the California Metal II compilation.

There were also three (!) versions of "Dreams" (album version, Demo version and Cali Metal II version) two "Alives" (album and demo) and two "Eternal Destiny" (album and demo)...

When I listen to the CD I turn it off after it plays the first "Light The Fire" cuz the rest is like sitting through twenty minutes of re-runs, haha.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 11:35 am

What we need is, new music by them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 11:47 am

Dark Horseman wrote:

The Recon dudes plus the Sacred Warrior dude (Rey Parra) were supposed to put an album out under the name "Worldview" at least a year ago... did it ever surface??

Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 11:56 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

The Recon dudes plus the Sacred Warrior dude (Rey Parra) were supposed to put an album out under the name "Worldview" at least a year ago... did it ever surface??

I saw a picture recently, Bill Moytemer (sp) is mixing it currently.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 12:19 pm

Yeah, would love to see this on colored vinyl, preferably camo!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 3:31 pm

Here's hoping Worldview gets an album out and it's worth hearing. headbanger
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 7:43 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Here's hoping Worldview gets an album out and it's worth hearing. headbanger

i liked what I had heard. Its just taking forever.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 10:28 pm

Glaciers move faster than some bands...

Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 1:23 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Glaciers move faster than some bands...

Indeed.....

The original album had decent production but the mastering was awful... too shrill at times for the high end... especially on the last track, speedy metal type stuff.... the highhat just wrecked the rest....

the two Cal Metal tracks were good but had that Elefante polish all over it...

A solid reissue will be cool.... I saw the recent pics of Bill Metoyer mixing the new Worldview stuff... that should be cool to hear when its done...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 11:46 am

I'm looking forward to this one being released on vinyl.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 1:45 pm

Good album, finally glad you are re-releasing this. I hope one of those new songs is one they played a few years ago called The Mirror or something similar. That was the best song they ever wrote!!!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 2:17 pm

I had the original cassette, I'm guessing, since it was well before my 20's when I got it. My memory is fuzzy on that. I just remember enjoying the songs but always adjusting my EQ for a better sound. Lots of potential this band had. I didn't even know there was a reissue floating around already. But I'll wait for this.

But if it is a remaster please for the love of God keep the compression at a minimum.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 4:07 am

This band reminds me of a video game. What was it called?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RECON - Behind Enemy Lines to be reissued
Page 1 of 1