Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015

Go down 
+32
thejokeriv
Addy
bgsully
Lari
Hadley
Leatherface
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
muckie
journeyman
Shawn Of Fire
Infinite
chewie
the sentinel
kyleblack
choosemetal
James B.
DakotaRogers
corplhicks
Boris2008
Thelemech
Wargod
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
tohostudios
nevermore
Witchfinder
manny
Fat Freddy
ZombieHavoc
exact33
Required Fields
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 6:06 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Thanks, but no thanks.  What else ya got?

Nada. =(
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 6:32 pm

Gus G. - I Am The Fire
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 10:55 am

Taste - On The Boards
Atheist - Piece Of Time
V/A - Rock & Roll All Nite: A Tribute To KISS
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 1:36 pm

CD:

Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy
Diamond Head - Behold The Beginning
Picture - Diamond Dreamer + Picture 1 (Divebomb)
Picture - Eternal Dark + Heavy Metal Ears (Divebomb)

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 8:48 pm

Axel Rudi Pell - Circle of the Oath
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 8:57 pm

Purson - In the Meantime (Test pressing ltd 20 copies)
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 5:19 pm

New music:

Auditory Imagery - Reign
High Back Chairs, The - Of Two Minds

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 8:49 pm

Raven - ExtermiNation - digipak with one bonus track
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 9:58 am

Witchfinder wrote:

You didn't do the Kickstarter thing, right? This was a pre-ordered copy? I'm hoping mine comes this week. If I read the last email update correctly, the ExtrermiNation cds were shipping this week and the Party Killers cd in 2 weeks.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 10:05 am

Paul Butterfield Blues Band - The Original Lost Elektra Sessions
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Chasing Yesterday
Hardcore Superstar - Dreamin' In a Casket (w/3 bonus tracks)*
Midnight Chaser - Rough and Tough

*I had ordered Hardcore Superstar's self-titled album. The ebay seller sent me Dreamin' In A Casket by mistake. When I contacted them about the error, they told me to keep that one and the s/t album would be sent anyway. Score!! I needed Dreamin' anyway, so win-win. 2 for the price of one!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 12:39 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Paul Butterfield Blues Band - The Original Lost Elektra Sessions
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Chasing Yesterday
Hardcore Superstar - Dreamin' In a Casket (w/3 bonus tracks)*
Midnight Chaser - Rough and Tough

*I had ordered Hardcore Superstar's self-titled album. The ebay seller sent me Dreamin' In A Casket by mistake. When I contacted them about the error, they told me to keep that one and the s/t album would be sent anyway. Score!! I needed Dreamin' anyway, so win-win. 2 for the price of one!

The self-titled is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 12:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

You didn't do the Kickstarter thing, right? This was a pre-ordered copy? I'm hoping mine comes this week. If I read the last email update correctly, the ExtrermiNation cds were shipping this week and the Party Killers cd in 2 weeks.

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon. I thought backers would have had their copies before I got mine.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 1:09 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon.  I thought backers would have had their copies before I got mine.  

You'd think that, wouldn't you? This Kickstarter thing is for the birds. Razz

Eyesore wrote:
The self-titled is fantastic.
I'll tell you in a few weeks if & when it arrives from Argentina.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 11:42 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon.  I thought backers would have had their copies before I got mine.  

Not sure, obviously, but if the album was being released at the same time to backers and the public, it makes perfect sense for WF to get his pre-order from Amazon first, considering the workforce behind them. I assume that the copies going to the backers are being packed and shipped by a much smaller operation, right?

I've ordered something from Amazon at like 6pm and had it on my doorstep the next morning. Weird, unearthly things seem to go on with their shipping, man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 12:38 pm

Amazon offers same day delivery in Los Angeles, you can order in the morning and receive your package in the afternoon.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 12:39 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Not sure, obviously, but if the album was being released at the same time to backers and the public, it makes perfect sense for WF to get his pre-order from Amazon first, considering the workforce behind them. I assume that the copies going to the backers are being packed and shipped by a much smaller operation, right?

Yes, according to my emails from Kickstarter, it's one guy Josh, that is handling all the shipments. I believe he was waiting for the Party Killers cds and vinyls to arrive and ship them all together. At least that's what I think. His email updates were always kind of long and rambling and full of excuses for this, that and the other.

I have my digital download to tide me over for now, but I'm not expecting my cds for at least another week or so. Maybe longer if Josh runs out of shipping labels. Razz

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 1:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

Yes, according to my emails from Kickstarter, it's one guy Josh, that is handling all the shipments. I believe he was waiting for the Party Killers cds and vinyls to arrive and ship them all together. At least that's what I think. His email updates were always kind of long and rambling and full of excuses for this, that and the other.

I have my digital download to tide me over for now, but I'm not expecting my cds for at least another week or so. Maybe longer if Josh runs out of shipping labels. Razz

At least you can take solace in Josh.

There was this one comic book KS I backed. I had no problem with it, and didn't even hear about issues until long after I had my book. But basically these 2 creators, who had highly revered indie books under their belt, decided to crowdfund for their graphic novel, Sullivan's Sluggers. They exceeded their meager initial goal, which was something like, I don't know, $6,000 or so, and raised $97,000. However, as the amount grew and grew, he started adding on and adding on and making the book bigger and hardcover and come with a poster, etc. Trying to give more, due to all the money it was raising. It was a good intention, but apparently he did 2 things wrong. He did not properly research/figure out international shipping, and it was way off from the getgo. Add to that the book was now bigger in size and a hardcover, the shipping all around became more expensive. He ran out of funds before getting all the books shipped. He did another crowdfund just for more money for shipping (not sure how much he raised there). Then he just started issuing refunds. Then he just stopped communication altogether. I think a few hundred people either just got refunded or just didn't get anything. His initial apologetic updates turned extremely short and almost sarcastic, as a result of all the constant hate/badgering he was getting from backers.

It seemed crazy that one of the most successful campaigns, financially, became one of the most disastrous I know of, for both the dude running the campaign and a good portion of people who invested their time, money, support and anticipation in the final product.

The final over-sized hardcover is quite nice looking though, I will say.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 1:36 pm

I backed a Kickstarter for the production of a game and it was just like ZombiHavoc describes.  The KS was wildly successful (the initial goal was exceeded by $17,000) and the game maker was a trusted member of the community, but he was completely overwhelmed.  He kept adding stretch goals and more and more bonus content and he was completely unprepared when it came time to produce everything. The materials were to be delivered in July, 2012 and I have not received anything as of yet.  The creator keeps promising to deliver the materials to us, and his excuses are amazing, but he's never going to deliver anything.  I'm sure the money was used up long ago.

I wouldn't worry about this with Raven, but it has made me gun shy about backing Kickstarters.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 2:49 pm

I'm not too concerned about getting ripped off or anything shady going on with the Raven KS project. Judging from the info I've received in email updates, I get the impression that both the band and Josh were overwhelmed with all the details for a project like this. Production issues, manufacturing issues, shipping issues, unexpected costs, etc. It's not as easy as it sounds.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 10:38 pm

Revile – Revolution Isle cd, 2015
Mike Onesko’s Guitar Army – In The Name Of Rock N’ Roll cd, 2015
Rocka Rollas – Conquer cd, 2012
Roadhog – Dreamstealer cd, 2015
Weresquatch – Frozen Void cd, 2015
Interceptor – Wise Is The Beast cd, 2015
Cloven Altar – Cloven Altar cd, 2015

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 10:43 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I've ordered something from Amazon at like 6pm and had it on my doorstep the next morning. Weird, unearthly things seem to go on with their shipping, man.

Seems that pledgers wait longer because the bands have to personally pack and ship everything. It's fine that they get distribution deals, but they should probably make the official release date after they've shipped everything. It sucks being one of those who funded the album yet have to wait longer than those who didn't. Haha.

Anyway, an Amazon facility opened a few towns over from me a while back. When that happened, things started showing up on Sundays. I thought they must have their own delivery drivers, but oddly enough it's the US Postal Service that delivers for them on Sunday. Weird, right?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 10:53 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I backed a Kickstarter for the production of a game and it was just like ZombiHavoc describes.  The KS was wildly successful (the initial goal was exceeded by $17,000) and the game maker was a trusted member of the community, but he was completely overwhelmed.  He kept adding stretch goals and more and more bonus content and he was completely unprepared when it came time to produce everything. The materials were to be delivered in July, 2012 and I have not received anything as of yet.  The creator keeps promising to deliver the materials to us, and his excuses are amazing, but he's never going to deliver anything.  I'm sure the money was used up long ago.

I wouldn't worry about this with Raven, but it has made me gun shy about backing Kickstarters.

I backed One Minute Silence a few years back for a full-length album. I also pledged for a DVD, which was supposed to feature a live in-the-studio set and other behind-the-scenes stuff. When they hit 100%, they said that ideally, to do everything the way they wanted to, they'd need to hit 140%. They did.

Two years passed and, after a million promises for new songs, demos, videos, and so forth (which never happened), they gave us an EP. Two new songs, two worthless remixes, and a supposed re-recording of an older song, which was clearly just an old demo. So no full-length, just a 5-track EP which was essentially a 2-track single because no one cared about the other tracks.

Eventually, instead of getting a DVD, they sent me a frickin' memory stick, which had the EP on it, plus worthless photos, some poetry, and an acoustic EP the guitarist recorded (which we probably funded).

The whole thing was an absolute joke. I don't know what happened to the money, but the whole thing was obviously not handled professionally. They'll never get any crowdfunding help from me again. Great band, but screw them.

Oh, and because it was all priced in GBP, it cost me around $60. For an EP and piece-of-crap memory stick. fainting
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 10:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I backed One Minute Silence a few years back for a full-length album. I also pledged for a DVD, which was supposed to feature a live in-the-studio set and other behind-the-scenes stuff. When they hit 100%, they said that ideally, to do everything the way they wanted to, they'd need to hit 140%. They did.

Two years passed and, after a million promises for new songs, demos, videos, and so forth (which never happened), they gave us an EP. Two new songs, two worthless remixes, and a supposed re-recording of an older song, which was clearly just an old demo. So no full-length, just a 5-track EP which was essentially a 2-track single because no one cared about the other tracks.

Eventually, instead of getting a DVD, they sent me a frickin' memory stick, which had the EP on it, plus worthless photos, some poetry, and an acoustic EP the guitarist recorded (which we probably funded).

The whole thing was an absolute joke. I don't know what happened to the money, but the whole thing was obviously not handled professionally. They'll never get any crowdfunding help from me again. Great band, but screw them.

Oh, and because it was all priced in GBP, it cost me around $60. For an EP and piece-of-crap memory stick. fainting

But you got poetry!!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 3:29 pm

Trollfest - Kaptein Kaos (dc/dvd)
Overlord - Still Standing
Spellcaster - S/T

on vinyl:
V/A - L'Amour Rocks

Last edited by nevermore on Fri May 01, 2015 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 3:31 pm

This afternoon, I ordered:
Entombed - Clandestine
Gruesome - Savage Land
Revocation - Existence is Futile
Wolf Spider - Drifting in the Sullen Sea
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015
Page 15 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25 ... 36  Next