Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015

Go down 
+21
iamrockerfun
scottmitchell74
Glower
DakotaRogers
Boris2008
springozzy
chewie
SideShowDisaSter
bgsully
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
corplhicks
manny
nevermore
Required Fields
exact33
Leatherface
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 10:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"The Cannonball Run" (1981)

Burt Reynolds and Dom DeLuise top an all star cast in a silly, virtually plotless comedy about a cross country auto race with a million dollar prize.  Roger Moore, Dean Martin, Farrah Fawcett, and Sammy Davis Jr. (to name just a few) join in the car-crashin' fun that appears to have been mostly made up as it went along.
I hadn't seen this movie in dog years and obviously it's aged terribly, but it was a fun trip down memory lane, and my kids thought it was a hoot.

That production was infamous for the sheer level of debauchery that went on behind the scenes. I read a quote from Steven Soderbergh who said that "if the key to making a comedy was the actors and crew have a good time during shooting...then Cannonball Run should be the funniest movie in history".
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39463

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 7:29 am

Supernatural season finale
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 9:21 am

Quote :
That production was infamous for the sheer level of debauchery that went on behind the scenes. I read a quote from Steven Soderbergh who said that "if the key to making a comedy was the actors and crew have a good time during shooting...then Cannonball Run should be the funniest movie in history".

Oh yeah, there must've been a ton of partying going on behind the scenes. It seems like half the cast was stewed to the gills the entire time. Laughing I wonder how much of the budget was set aside just for booze! Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 7:47 am

Avengers:Age Of Ultron

After missing this for various reasons the past 2 weeks I stopped after work to catch this. Fantastic film. I got everything out of it I was expecting, Great action, funny lines and James Spader as Ultron was superb.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18895

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 1:03 pm

Pawn Stars
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 3:34 pm

007 wrote:

After missing this for various reasons the past 2 weeks I stopped after work to catch this. Fantastic film. I got everything out of it I was expecting, Great action, funny lines and James Spader as Ultron was superb.

I'm flabbergasted at some of the lukewarm response the film got, I thought it was more entertaining than the first film...and that one was excellent.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 3:42 pm

S.D. wrote:
007 wrote:

I'm flabbergasted at some of the lukewarm response the film got, I thought it was more entertaining than the first film...and that one was excellent.

don\'t know I thought it was excellent. The 2 plus hours just flew by.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 5:14 pm

007 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
007 wrote:

don\'t know   I thought it was excellent. The 2 plus hours just flew by.

my thoughts too. I enjoyed it a ton.

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 5:15 pm

MASH - Season 7

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 6:25 pm

exact33 wrote:
007 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
007 wrote:

don\'t know   I thought it was excellent. The 2 plus hours just flew by.

my thoughts too. I enjoyed it a ton.

It was an excellent flick
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 6:51 pm

For about the 30th time:

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 9k=
Such an iconic, quotable film.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 3:31 pm

Clue

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 4:18 pm

Mad Max Fury Road - This is easily the best action movie I have seen in the last 15 years. I love how 70 year old George Miller just made every action director look like total hacks.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 4:21 pm

S.D. wrote:
007 wrote:

It's not surprising because the movie was average. I found it entertaining, but like all Marvel movies there's nothing at stake. Does anybody really worry that Thor or Captain American are going to die? Of course not. The first Avengers was more enjoyable because I never thought I would see an Avengers movie, but #2 feels like a perfunctory entry in the build up to the Infinity Gauntlet/War/Whatever.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 5:07 pm

American Sniper: Great but highly depressing movie
Just finished Stargate Atlantis
Starting Stargate Universe

Toho, I know you suggested Babylon 5 but it's not available on Netflix streaming, Amazon Prime, or Hulu. Maybe someday it will and I'll watch it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 5:20 pm

In my spare time (everything else I watch with my mom) I've been watching Futureama and a bunch of video game top 5 videos. I don't play them anymore but it's amazing to see how much the graphics have evolved from my 8 bit childhood. I really want to win the lottery so I can vegetate and spend my days playing video games, listening to music, and watching movies. Probably a good thing I won't Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 5:52 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Toho, I know you suggested Babylon 5 but it's not available on Netflix streaming, Amazon Prime, or Hulu. Maybe someday it will and I'll watch it.

Hmmm...I wonder what's up with that.  Must be a dispute over royalties or something.  Shame because it's a great series that was way ahead of it's time with it's story arcs spanning multiple seasons.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 6:23 pm

tohostudios wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Hmmm...I wonder what's up with that.  Must be a dispute over royalties or something.  Shame because it's a great series that was way ahead of it's time with it's story arcs spanning multiple seasons.

Might be something like that. Netflix and Prime just recently dumped several shows (mostly Britcoms) due to licensing agreements so it may be in the same boat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 8:19 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Does anybody really worry that Thor or Captain American are going to die?  Of course not.   

Does anybody really worry that James Bond is going to die in any of those films?
Does anybody really worry that Mad Max is going to die in any of those films?
Does anybody really worry that Dirty Harry is going to get killed in any of those films?

Keep inserting 98% of every action film in history....
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 8:42 pm

S.D. wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Does anybody really worry that Thor or Captain American are going to die?  Of course not.   

Does anybody really worry that James Bond is going to die in any of those films?
Does anybody really worry that Mad Max is going to die in any of those films?
Does anybody really worry that Dirty Harry is going to get killed in any of those films?

Keep inserting 98% of every action film in history....

There is no feeling of danger or dread in an Avengers movie. Do you worry that whatever Infinity Gem/McGuffin they are trying to get is really going to change the series drastically? We all know that these movies are all building to a much larger climax and therefore we are not as invested in these films as we could be.

Compare to Mad Max where I became invested in the fate of several of the characters. Why? - because death was always lurking and several likable characters died. No one worries about Mad Max dying because Mad Max movies aren't about Mad Max, at least not since the first one. Mad Max is a stand in for us, the viewers.

Obviously, there are several Marvel movies that are very good and I have enjoyed almost all of them. I don't view many of them as being exceptional other than the first Iron Man and Guardians of the Galaxy.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 8:47 pm

Tales From The Darkside (1990)  A decent little anthology film, which I've always enjoyed. Three stories in this one with a wraparound story starring DeborahHarry as a woman planning on cooking and eating little Matthew Lawrence. He tells her the 3 stories as a way to delay his demise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 10:49 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

There is no feeling of danger or dread in an Avengers movie.  Do you worry that whatever Infinity Gem/McGuffin they are trying to get is really going to change the series drastically?  We all know that these movies are all building to a much larger climax and therefore we are not as invested in these films as we could be.  

That's an inherent flaw in the design of a connected universe of films. Before Age of Ultron was even released we knew most of the characters were going to appear in Captain America: Civil War and we also know that everything is going to culminate in a two-part Avengers film a few years down the road. Which is what your were alluding to. But, in my opinion, that's more a critique of the overall design than a flaw in Age of Ultron itself.

Marvel hands the scriptwriter a huge punch-list of items that have to be included in the film, plot threads for future installments, which new characters need to be introduced and even how many action sequences they want in the film. The writer then basically has to write around that list of items, to create a stand-alone movie between the beats already laid out by the producers. I think working under those limitations that Joss still managed to create an entertaining film and was able to squeeze in just enough character moments and humor to keep it from feeling like a 2 1/2 hour video game.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 11:40 pm

007 wrote:
Tales From The Darkside (1990)  A decent little anthology film, which I've always enjoyed. Three stories in this one with a wraparound story starring DeborahHarry as a woman planning on cooking and eating little Matthew Lawrence. He tells her the 3 stories as a way to delay his demise.

I prefer anthology horror movies over full length ones (to me they're good in small doses) and that is quite a classic.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 11:41 pm

S.D. wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

There is no feeling of danger or dread in an Avengers movie.  Do you worry that whatever Infinity Gem/McGuffin they are trying to get is really going to change the series drastically?  We all know that these movies are all building to a much larger climax and therefore we are not as invested in these films as we could be.  

That's an inherent flaw in the design of a connected universe of films.  Before Age of Ultron was even released we knew most of the characters were going to appear in Captain America: Civil War and we also know that everything is going to culminate in a two-part Avengers film a few years down the road. Which is what your were alluding to.  But, in my opinion, that's more a critique of the overall design than a flaw in Age of Ultron itself.  

Marvel hands the scriptwriter a huge punch-list of items that have to be included in the film, plot threads for future installments, which new characters need to be introduced and even how many action sequences they want in the film.  The writer then basically has to write around that list of items, to create a stand-alone movie between the beats already laid out by the producers.  I think working under those limitations that Joss still managed to create an entertaining film and was able to squeeze in just enough character moments and humor to keep it from feeling like a 2 1/2 hour video game.  

All true.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 11:53 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
007 wrote:

I prefer anthology horror movies over full length ones (to me they're good in small doses) and that is quite a classic.

I can't believe I'd never seen this one before. It was pretty good although the twist in the Gargoyle story was evident almost from the get go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next