Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015

Go down 
+21
iamrockerfun
scottmitchell74
Glower
DakotaRogers
Boris2008
springozzy
chewie
SideShowDisaSter
bgsully
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
corplhicks
manny
nevermore
Required Fields
exact33
Leatherface
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 8:40 am

Last night I watched the Cards win their 8th straight game.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 9:00 am

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18924

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 9:35 am

Criminal Minds
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 9:58 am

tohostudios wrote:
Last night I watched the Cards win their 8th straight game.

They're streaking away while my team is wallowing away in a 4 game slump and resembling, dare I say it, the Pirates that we've all grown used to lo these many many years (prior to the last 2).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 10:55 am

It's a long season.  By the time September rolls around I expect the Pirates and the Cardinals to be in a dogfight for the division.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 10:59 am

tohostudios wrote:
It's a long season.  By the time September rolls around I expect the Pirates and the Cardinals to be in a dogfight for the division.

Ha ! I hope you're right.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 2:17 pm

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" (2014)

Bryan Singer returns to the X-Men franchise to tie the threads of the "original" team and the retro squad from "X-Men: First Class" together. To prevent total mutant genocide in the post-apocalypse future, Wolverine is sent back in time to 1973... where he hooks up with the younger versions of Prof. X and Magneto in order to stop Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence) from committing an act of murder that will set the whole thing off. This one took a little while to get goin' but once it kicks into gear it's absorbing, entertaining stuff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed May 06, 2015 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 2:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" (2014)

Bryan Singer returns to the X-Men franchise to tie the threads of the "orginal" team and the retro squad from "X-Men: First Class" together. To prevent total mutant genocide in the post-apocalypse future, Wolverine is sent back in time to 1973... where he hooks up with the younger versions of Prof. X and Magneto in order to stop Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence) from committing an act of murder that will set the whole thing off. This one took a little while to get goin' but once it kicks into gear it's absorbing, entertaining stuff.

This is actually my favorite of the X-Men movies. And I like how they take a page from the other Marvel pictures (Avengers,et al) and give that little teaser during the credits.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 2:24 pm

Quote :
This is actually my favorite of the X-Men movies.

I think I may have liked "First Class" just a little better, but it's close.

Quote :
And I like how they take a page from the other Marvel pictures (Avengers,et al) and give that little teaser during the credits.

Yeah, when the movie "ended" I started fast-forwarding thru the credits and my wife was like "What the hell are you doing? Just hit 'stop!'" and I was like "No, no, you don't understand, this is a Marvel movie!" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 12:49 pm

Pirates vs Reds. Now it's getting downright ugly for the Bucs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 1:37 pm

I liked X-Men: First Class a LOT more than Days Of Future Past, which frankly left me un-thrilled for the most part.

The only segment of DOFP I really liked was the "Time In A Bottle" sequence with Quicksilver, a truly brilliant sequence that deserved to exist within a better film. When the best part of a film happens an hour before the ending you're in trouble.

Overall I just found DOFP to be too derivative (time travel plot recycled from The Terminator) and the action scenes mostly uninspired except for the Mystique ass-kicking segments which were too few and far between.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 10:59 pm

Today I watched episodes of Batman (the series with Adam West).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 8:16 am

Pirates vs Reds. Finally showing some semblance of an offense. Hopefully, they've turned the corner and can get out of this funk.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 4:58 pm

007 wrote:
Pirates vs Reds. Finally showing some semblance of an offense. Hopefully, they've turned the corner and can get out of this funk.

I hope not. I bet PNC Park will be rockin' tonight when the Cardinals come to town. The Bucs and fans have got to be lickin' their chops for revenge for last weekend.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 5:51 pm

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:

I hope not.  I bet PNC Park will be rockin' tonight when the Cardinals come to town.  The Bucs and fans have got to be lickin' their chops for revenge for last weekend.

I bet. And there's a great pitching matchup tonight : Francisco Liriano vs Michael Wacha. I'd love to be at one of these games this weekend.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 6:05 pm

I hope to see a game there one day.  I have an old college roommate who lives in the area and one of these days when I get a chance to visit him again I'd love to go PNC Park.  I think it's the coolest looking stadium in MLB and I'm told there really isn't a bad seat anywhere.  

The last time I visited him we saw a game at Three Rivers.  What a difference in ballparks that would be.

Although actually, it's his turn to come visit me.  He hasn't seen a game at Busch Stadium 3 yet (though neither have I for that matter).

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 6:11 pm

PNC Park is awesome. My boss has club level seats and gives them out to us from time to time. Excellent seats behind home plate (at least they were; I don't know if he still has the exact same seats). The only other stadium I ever saw a ballgame was at Baltimore's old Municipal Stadium (or whatever it was called) when my sister lived there.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 6:20 pm

PNC Park is very nice. I've seen several games there in the past two years that I've lived in Pittsburgh. I'm from Cincinnati so I've seen many games in Riverfront Stadium and Great American Ballpark. I think PNC is better than Great American view wise, but Great American is bigger and has the Reds Hall of Fame attached to it. PNC needs to have a proper museum rather than just the statues of Pirates' greats that are spread around the park. I've also seen a game in Joe Robbe/Sun Life Stadium and it was god awful for baseball, and I got a terrible sunburn across my knees and could barely walk the next day. So the hell with that place.

The other cool thing about PNC Park is I can see into it from my office. Ha!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 6:27 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

The other cool thing about PNC Park is I can see into it from my office.  Ha!

What building do you work in ? My company delivers downtown and I wonder if it's one of those that we go to.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 6:33 pm

007 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

What building do you work in ? My company delivers downtown and I wonder if it's one of those that we go to.

My firm is located at 225 Fifth Avenue. We are in the same building as the Fairmont.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 6:46 pm

Started watching this at lunch today while on the elliptical (because it was raining outside).  Very "Tarantino-esque" so far.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 6:47 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
007 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

My firm is located at 225 Fifth Avenue.  We are in the same building as the Fairmont.

oh, not that one. We go to Fifth Ave Place (the Highmark Building)
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 6:56 pm

007 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
007 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

My firm is located at 225 Fifth Avenue.  We are in the same building as the Fairmont.

Well crap. I thought you were going to buy me lunch! lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 7:11 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
007 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
007 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Well crap.  I thought you were going to buy me lunch! lol!

lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 7:12 pm

Great.  Matt Carpenter is out for this entire series.

This is your chance Pittsburgh.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next