Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015

Go down 
+21
iamrockerfun
scottmitchell74
Glower
DakotaRogers
Boris2008
springozzy
chewie
SideShowDisaSter
bgsully
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
corplhicks
manny
nevermore
Required Fields
exact33
Leatherface
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 7:53 pm

I think Hansel & Gretel could have been very entertaining if they had paid a little more attention to the script. It's completely possible to make an intelligent, well-written horror film, but they seem to be a genuine rarity.

Then when a horror film does get good reviews...generally the horror fans don't like it. It's really odd. I don't think they are ever on the same wavelength.

I like escapist fare (hell, I went and saw Furious 7 the other day and enjoyed it), but I tend to like the films that KNOW they're stupid and just revel in the stupidity...as opposed to films that don't realize their stupid and expect you to take them seriously. Or something like that.... Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 9:12 pm

That's funny because that's my main selling point for H&S; I don't think it takes itself seriously at all and knows it's completely ridiculous.

And I totally agree with you on critical reviews and horror fans.  In fact that's one of my red flags in reviews; if it's a horror movie and critics praise it there's at least a 75% chance I'll hate it.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 10:13 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Ray Harryhausen: Special Effects Titan" (2013)

Cool documentary about the legendary stop-motion animator and creature creator behind such classic films as "Beast from 20,000 Fathoms," "Jason and the Argonauts," "Clash of the Titans," "Valley of Gwangi" and many more. Features lots of cool clips from his movies as well as kind words from famous fans like Peter Jackson, Steven Spielberg, Joe Dante and Guillermo del Toro.

Watched this last night. That man was a genius. Or insane. Or a little bit of both. And completely awesome.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 6:13 pm

^^ Yeah that movie was an entertaining watch.

Watched the Middle and the Goldbergs last night
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 6:49 pm

tohostudios wrote:
That's funny because that's my main selling point for H&S; I don't think it takes itself seriously at all and knows it's completely ridiculous.

To me there is a definite difference between "intelligent films that don't take themselves seriously" (Cabin In The Woods) and "stupid films that don't take themselves seriously" (Hansel & Gretel).

Of course, granted, I'm a picky bastard when it comes to movies. lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 7:23 pm

S.D. wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

To me there is a definite difference between "intelligent films that don't take themselves seriously" (Cabin In The Woods) and "stupid films that don't take themselves seriously" (Hansel & Gretel).

Of course, granted, I'm a picky bastard when it comes to movies.  lol!

Yeah, I guess I see what you mean. There is a big difference between those two films.   I love both of those movies though.  I watched Cabin about 6 times the first several months after I bought it.

And I'm not real picky about horror movies but I'm EXTREMELY picky about comedies.  Usually films other people think are hilarious I think are dumb and vice versa.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 10:45 pm

"Atari: Game Over" (2015)

Video game nerds descend on a landfill in Alamagordo, New Mexico (where Atari allegedly trashed several million unsold "E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial" game cartridges, and other games & hardware, just before going out of business) and start digging to find out if the fabled "Great Cartridge Dumping of 1983" legend is actually true. Fun stuff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 12:37 pm

The Big Bang Theory
Mom
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 1:23 pm

Pawn Stars
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 2:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Atari: Game Over" (2015)

Video game nerds descend on a landfill in Alamagordo, New Mexico (where Atari allegedly trashed several million unsold "E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial" game cartridges, and other games & hardware, just before going out of business) and start digging to find out if the fabled "Great Cartridge Dumping of 1983" legend is actually true. Fun stuff.

I just watched this. Very enjoyable documentary.

I remember when the Atari completely disappeared. At the time I chalked it up to being a fad that came and went. I then remember the explosion of the NES in the late 80s. It seems very weird now to think that for a couple of years home video games were dead. Bizarre.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:25 pm

Big Lebowski - A. Still trying to figure out why this is one of my favorite movies.

Better Call Saul. I was a little underwhelmed by the season finale. While it was enjoyable, the writing was a step down from what we've been seeing so far. Plus his final decision was one of idiocy and completely unsatisfying. I get the connection but it was just anti-logic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 1:24 am

Marvel's Daredevil (Netflix)

Watched the first two episodes this evening, impressive. The first Marvel TV series that a) doesn't look like a TV series and b) is aimed at a more serious audience. It has a nice gritty tone, excellent attention to character detail and it's also quite violent (viewers with kids beware). Looking forward to seeing how it develops over the 13 episode arc.

P.S. - I love that Netflix puts all the episodes up at once, letting the viewer watch it at their own pace.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 2:07 am

The Signal (2014) - A. Low-budget indie Sci-Fi is just getting better and better. Intriguing mind bender that keeps pulling the rug out from underneath you. Though I predicted the ending, it was still a wild and way out ride getting there. Wonderfully shot with some great effects work for its modest $4M budget, and solid acting from newer names (Brandon Thwaites went on to be cast as Jonah in the adaptation of The Giver, and the beautiful Olivia Cooke became a long time character in Bates Motel). Highly recommended for genre fans.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 8:31 pm

S.D. wrote:
Marvel's Daredevil (Netflix)

Watched the first two episodes this evening, impressive.  The first Marvel TV series that a) doesn't look like a TV series and b) is aimed at a more serious audience.  It has a nice gritty tone, excellent attention to character detail and it's also quite violent (viewers with kids beware).  Looking forward to seeing how it develops over the 13 episode arc.

P.S. - I love that Netflix puts all the episodes up at once, letting the viewer watch it at their own pace.

I just caught the first episode so far and have to say it's really good. I love how we haven't seen the mysterious mastermind behind the criminal activities even though we all know who it is.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 8:43 pm

Premier Boxing on NBC

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 2:52 pm

Gone Girl - A+. This is a great film. And I never throw that term around loosely. God bless David Fincher.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 3:47 pm

Daredevil
Hawaii Five-O

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 5:11 pm

Cardinals vs Reds

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 5:52 pm

Last night, I watched the hockey game between the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Buffalo Sabres. Pittsburgh won the game 2-0 to clinch a playoff spot! headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 5:56 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Last night, I watched the hockey game between the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Buffalo Sabres. Pittsburgh won the game 2-0 to clinch a playoff spot! headbanger

Yeah but they're basically backing in and I don't expect them to go beyond the first round.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 10:39 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Atari-gameover1

A documentary about a crew investigating the burial site of the E.T. video game cartridges for the Atari.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 1:06 am

Ex Machina (2015)

Excellent, intelligent sci-fi film and directorial debut of writer Alex Garland (28 Days Later, Sunshine).

L.A. Confidential (1997)

Great film noir set in 1950s Los Angeles. It was nice revisiting this one, hadn't seen it in years and it holds up beautifully. I walked past a couple of the locations used in the movie this afternoon and that inspired me to watch it again.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 1:15 am

Mad Men
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Medieval Torture Device
Metal novice
Metal novice
Medieval Torture Device

Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 6:09 am

tohostudios wrote:
Cardinals vs Reds

Me too. Then it was Nightcrawler later.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 3:11 pm

Family Guy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next