Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tornado-Finnish Thrash

Go down 
+5
corplhicks
Boris2008
Temple of Blood
Short-Fuse
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

Tornado-Finnish Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Tornado-Finnish Thrash   Tornado-Finnish Thrash Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 6:39 pm

Have you fine people ever heard of Tornado from Finland? Their album, Amsterdamn,Hellsinki is pretty tight-this song has terrific lyrics, too!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Tornado-Finnish Thrash   Tornado-Finnish Thrash Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 11:53 pm

This doesn't really sound like thrash to me.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Tornado-Finnish Thrash   Tornado-Finnish Thrash Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 12:02 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
This doesn't really sound like thrash to me.

Really? What does it sound like to you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tornado-Finnish Thrash   Tornado-Finnish Thrash Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 12:08 am

I also don't find that song very thrashy.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Tornado-Finnish Thrash   Tornado-Finnish Thrash Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 12:14 am

The guitars are indeed, very thrashy. It's got other elements for sure and it's also not very good,but I get sick of all of this genre snobbery. There is enough thrash in there to avoid making a big deal out of it.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Tornado-Finnish Thrash   Tornado-Finnish Thrash Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:41 am

It's snobbery to say it's not thrash but not snobbery to say it's not very good?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Tornado-Finnish Thrash   Tornado-Finnish Thrash Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 10:29 am

It's a pretty decent tune. I think it has a thrash vibe to it.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Tornado-Finnish Thrash   Tornado-Finnish Thrash Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 11:10 am

I think it has some thrash influence (but so does some death metal at times).
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Tornado-Finnish Thrash   Tornado-Finnish Thrash Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 1:28 pm

Short-Fuse wrote:
you fine people

I cannot for the life of me figure out if you like us or hate us.

Anyway, I found this rather enjoyable--and difficult to pinpoint genre-wise. It's like a traditional power metal with sprinkles of thrash and even hardcore (diggin' those shouts). The riffing doesn't become very dissonant or complex; there's also a lack of diminished fifths. It's got a Priest vibe, in fact. The vocals are excellent. And I like the different movements throughout the song--it's a neat structure.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Tornado-Finnish Thrash   Tornado-Finnish Thrash Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 1:32 pm

The band calls themselves "sleazy thrash" and say this, "“Ever wondered what it would be like if SLAYER f*cked MÖTLEY CRÜE? You are about to find out!"

So there you go, genre solved.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Tornado-Finnish Thrash   Tornado-Finnish Thrash Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 1:46 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
The band calls themselves "sleazy thrash" and say this, "“Ever wondered what it would be like if SLAYER f*cked MÖTLEY CRÜE? You are about to find out!"

Yeah, they need a PR agent. I see what they're getting at, but hyperbole aside I don't hear sleaze and I certainly don't hear those two bands in that song.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Tornado-Finnish Thrash   Tornado-Finnish Thrash Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:04 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

There is a band who calls themselves "rape thrash" so yah this tag isn't that bad. That band is called Cemetary Lust by the way. Sorry for the de-rail.

Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Tornado-Finnish Thrash   Tornado-Finnish Thrash Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 7:57 am

Witchfinder wrote:

Well there was a mental image I never wanted!! It's in there forever now!

Tornado-Finnish Thrash Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRezdjgYT6Yj9iffcmf4RQhMtDbffuWvppaEuF6AEtf7D7GPg8WeJvKtLjXmg
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Tornado-Finnish Thrash   Tornado-Finnish Thrash Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 12:59 pm

It has thrash elements for sure. But what the hell???? This is really not very good.
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Tornado-Finnish Thrash   Tornado-Finnish Thrash Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 11:37 am

[quote="corplhicks"]
Short-Fuse wrote:
you fine people

I love everyone here .I just don't like it when the insults start flying for no good reason.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Tornado-Finnish Thrash   Tornado-Finnish Thrash Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 6:32 pm

Short-Fuse wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Short-Fuse wrote:
you fine people

I love everyone here .I just don't like it when the insults start flying for no good reason.

In the immortal words of Bob Saget “You're a great crowd. ... I just want to take a Jacuzzi with you and throw in a toaster."

And on topic the song is great and the song is 100% thrash with a smattering of sleaze.

Reminds more of Nuclear Assault Something Wicked or Overkill Hello From the Gutter or any number of those poppier/humorous Bay Area thrash bands than anything Slayer ever or will do...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tornado-Finnish Thrash   Tornado-Finnish Thrash Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tornado-Finnish Thrash
Page 1 of 1