Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner)

Go down 
+3
ultmetal
rattpoison
Wargod
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner) Empty
PostSubject: Ari Koivunen   Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 9:55 pm

Ok this is probbaly my surprise cd if the year from Ari Koivunen. A little tidbit of info on him!

Ari Koivunen is the winner of the 2007 Finnish Idols competition. Prior to entering Idols, Koivunen won the Finnish Karaoke Championships in 2005, and placed third in the Karaoke World Championships the same year. On the seventh of May, 2007, it was announced that Koivunen's debut album, Fuel For The Fire, will be released on the 30th of May. The album was released for download sale on the 21st of May.

If you like melodic metal then check him out here: http://www.myspace.com/arikoivunen

Wargod48

NP: Fueled By Fire - Spread The Fire
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner)   Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:02 am

http://www.myspace.com/arikoivunen
http://www.arikoivunen.fi/isoa/pages/english.php

Man, I really want this CD now! I thought it was cool that a metal dude did so well in that show, but he sounded young and his voice hit some bum notes from time to time. However, these samples sound killer!

Anyone know anything about this album? Is this a real band? Or where all these songs written by Finland's equivalent or America's pop songwriters?
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner)   Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:14 am

I think various alumni of Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius and Nightwish helped contribute music and songwriting to this album. Apparently spent 12 weeks on top of the charts in Finland. Those crazy fins, finland would have to be the closest any country comes were heavy metal is the dominant music genre.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner)   Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 8:24 am

I heard a song from one of the American Idol winners recently that didn't suck. It was Bo Bice and the song was sort of Southern Rock. I'll have to see if I can find it again.

ult

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner)   Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 8:30 am

Found it:
Blades Of Glory" music video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP3PYz-Zpb4

Really stupid video, but the song isn't so bad.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner)   Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 8:59 pm

Well the cd has not been released here in the states, and as far as I know not sure about Europe. I've been wanting this so bad.
If you like this I think you might like Sturm Und Drang as well!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner)   Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 9:42 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Well the cd has not been released here in the states, and as far as I know not sure about Europe. I've been wanting this so bad.
If you like this I think you might like Sturm Und Drang as well!

Wargod48
Sturm Und Drang is one that I want, but it's not so easy to find around here.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner)   Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 1:35 am

Hey Ult Bo Bice did a cover of In A Dream by Badlands when he was on idol, without any instrumentation. Sent shivers down my back when i saw it. He also sang songs by Black Crowes, Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rolling Stones etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x2I2h5PkIY
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner)   Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 1:41 am

rattpoison wrote:
Hey Ult Bo Bice did a cover of In A Dream by Badlands when he was on idol, without any instrumentation. Sent shivers down my back when i saw it. He also sang songs by Black Crowes, Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rolling Stones etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x2I2h5PkIY
I remember that. It was indeed pretty damn killer!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner)   Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 3:31 pm

loved the cd
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner)   Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 7:02 pm

This kid is awesome and his backing band is tight... Hear my Call is a staple in my playlist. His new tunes are killer as well and his new album Becoming went way up on my want list after hearing this..

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner)   Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 7:32 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
This kid is awesome and his backing band is tight... Hear my Call is a staple in my playlist. His new tunes are killer as well and his new album Becoming went way up on my want list after hearing this..

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/Heart-Of-Metal-f1/Ari-Koivunen-t1463.htm

lol!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner)   Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:21 pm

lol! you guys...so funny... anyway Wargod made me a compilation cd with one of his songs on it from his from his first album. I liked it a lot but I wasnt paying the import price for it. I still want it and this new one sounds good too but unless it gets released here or cheaper then I probably wont get it.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner)   Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:31 pm

"Fill my eyes...with that Double Vision"...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner)   Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:34 pm

I tried to find what songs he sang on the competition and I found great songs.
Here I go again, the evil that men do, and perfect strangers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner)   Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ari Koivunen (Finnish Idol Winner)
Page 1 of 1