Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Twisted Sister - Under the Blade LP (Secret Records version)

Go down 
+2
Witchfinder
muckie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

Twisted Sister - Under the Blade LP (Secret Records version) Empty
PostSubject: Twisted Sister - Under the Blade LP (Secret Records version)   Twisted Sister - Under the Blade LP (Secret Records version) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 11:51 am

Does anyone know if the original independent version of Under the Blade by TS is worth much? The one on Secret Records?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister - Under the Blade LP (Secret Records version)   Twisted Sister - Under the Blade LP (Secret Records version) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 11:31 am

I've seen mint or vg+ copies going for $10-$15.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister - Under the Blade LP (Secret Records version)   Twisted Sister - Under the Blade LP (Secret Records version) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 12:34 pm

Yeah, I think that LP is fairly common. My brother bought a copy just a few years ago for around $20 and that was only cuz it was autographed by Dee Snider.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister - Under the Blade LP (Secret Records version)   Twisted Sister - Under the Blade LP (Secret Records version) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 4:19 pm

muckie wrote:
Does anyone know if the original independent version of Under the Blade by TS is worth much? The one on Secret Records?

Fairly common, but there is more than one pressing of this one. There is the yellow label version and the black label version. One version ends with the album spinning Day of the Rocker over and over again at the end. So its, "rock, rock, rock, rock..." until you lift the needle. The other version doesn't have this ending. They are fairly common records selling for around $10 - $20 depending on condition.

Now if you have the two 7" singles on TS Records, those are worth some dollars. Even the "Ruff Cutts" EP is worth a little more than Under the Blade.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister - Under the Blade LP (Secret Records version)   Twisted Sister - Under the Blade LP (Secret Records version) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 11:08 pm

Hey, ultmetal, check your private messages.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister - Under the Blade LP (Secret Records version)   Twisted Sister - Under the Blade LP (Secret Records version) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 9:23 am

I have the original pressing from Secret Records on a yellow label, I bought years and years ago. Thou the label went under, they must have pressed and sold alot of copies, because its not that hard to come by.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister - Under the Blade LP (Secret Records version)   Twisted Sister - Under the Blade LP (Secret Records version) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 10:42 am

manny wrote:
Tho the label went under, they must have pressed and sold alot of copies, because its not that hard to come by.

Yeah, I bought that LP in a Caldor department store (anyone remember those?) somewhere around 1985 - which was several years after the Secret label had gone under. So there were plenty of copies around for a good long while.

My LP has the "rock-rock-rock-rock-rock" fade out at the end of "Day of the Rocker" that Ult describes above, tho I'd have to go digging in the closet to see if that's the yellow label or the black label pressing. Off the top of my head I can't remember which it is.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister - Under the Blade LP (Secret Records version)   Twisted Sister - Under the Blade LP (Secret Records version) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twisted Sister - Under the Blade LP (Secret Records version)
Page 1 of 1