Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Trip

Go down 
+9
exact33
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Boris2008
Witchfinder
the sentinel
nevermore
chewie
choosemetal
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

Black Trip - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Trip   Black Trip - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 9:26 pm

Awesome!!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Black Trip   Black Trip - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 10:40 pm

cool
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Black Trip   Black Trip - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 2:53 pm

OHHH YAH!!! So pumped
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Black Trip   Black Trip - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 8:41 am

I'm surprised more people haven't jumped on this thread. This band is really really good. I'm definitely thinking about picking up "Goin' Under".
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

PostSubject: Re: Black Trip   Black Trip - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 3:59 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
I'm surprised more people haven't jumped on this thread. This band is really really good. I'm definitely thinking about picking up "Goin' Under".

You should it's amazing!
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

PostSubject: Re: Black Trip   Black Trip - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 1:15 am

Guys buy the new album!! It's amazing!!! I can't get enough of it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Trip   Black Trip - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 9:43 am

Well this is weird. The band is changing their name I guess. According to their Facebook page...

Quote :
“Black Trip as you know it has come to an end! Jonas Wikstrand has departed ways on good terms with the band. Our new drummer Anders “Bentan” Bentell is now a full time member! As we currently are working on our third album we have decided to continue into the new era under a new name. We will stay True to the music style of the first two albums. We will announce the new name over the next week! Stay tuned for more updates!

Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

PostSubject: Re: Black Trip   Black Trip - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 4:30 pm

They are now!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Trip   Black Trip - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2016 10:15 am

So Black Trip is Heavy Skies now? Or is is Into the Vojd?

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Black Trip   Black Trip - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2016 3:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
So Black Trip is Heavy Skies now? Or is is Into the Vojd?

Their name is now V.O.J.D.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Aaron_D
Metal student
Metal student
Aaron_D

Number of posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: Black Trip   Black Trip - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 4:46 pm

Ordered Goin' Under. Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Trip   Black Trip - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 12:10 pm

The band formerly known as Black Trip is now known and VOJD and has a new album, The Outer Ocean, coming out Feb. 23rd...

Black Trip - Page 2 51pLKSoiYdL
 1. Break Out
 2. Delusions in the Sky
 3. Secular Wire
 4. The Outer Ocean
 5. Vindicated Blues
 6. On An Endless Day of Everlasting Winter
 7. Heavy Skies
 8. On the Run
 9. Dream Machine
 10. Walked Me Under
 11. To the Light

Quote :
With Goin' Under and Shadowline the Swedish band Black Trip had released two classic metal albums to great critical acclaim. When drummer Jonas Wikstrand was replaced by Anders Bentell, the band, now consisting of Joseph Tholl (vocals and bass), Peter Stjärnvind (guitar) and Linus Björklund (guitar), decided to make a fresh start by changing their name to Vojd. "With the new line-up and the new material, we felt that we wanted to start a new chapter in a way," analyzes vocalist Joseph Tholl. He adds: "I still see the new album as the third album, a follow up to Black Trip's Shadowline, though this new one contains a lot of stuff we haven't tried before. The significant elements of Black Trip are recurring throughout the album, though the variety between the songs is much broader this time around, in all directions." The name of Vojd's first album is The Outer Ocean. There is quite a big difference in sound, style and execution between Vojd and Black Trip. Vojd are much more classic rock than Black Trip ever were, and much less traditional heavy metal.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Trip   Black Trip - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 12:20 pm

I can't find anything from the new album (besides 'Heavy Skies' from above), but this is a tune from an ep they released as VOJD last year...

Despite what that press release might say, this doesn't sound all that different from what they did as Black Trip and that's ok by me.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Black Trip   Black Trip - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 1:57 pm

Here's the first single from their new album - "Delusions In The Sky"

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Black Trip   Black Trip - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 1:42 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Here's the first single from their new album - "Delusions In The Sky"

I don't get why a band would build up a following and then change the name? Especially as the sound hasn't changed at all. Beastmilk did the same thing and became Grave Pleasures but they at least did change the sound for one album, when that didn't work they went back to being Beastmilk in all but name.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Black Trip   Black Trip - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 9:59 am

Black Trip didn't change their name because they wanted to.  There is a band in the US with the same name that stopped them from releasing their last album - Shadowline - here. That's the true story of why they changed their name to VOJD. Joseph Toll explains that here in this interview with our own choosemetal:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Trip   Black Trip - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 10:17 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Black Trip didn't change their name because they wanted to.  There is a band in the US with the same name that stopped them from releasing their last album - Shadowline - here. That's the true story of why they changed their name to VOJD.

I didn't understand why either, but I guess that makes sense. It ain't the first time that's happened and it won't be the last. I like these guys enough so I'll get the new album, whatever name they choose. Well, almost whatever name.

If they went with their rumored 2nd choice, Benito Hitler and the Kitten Killers, I might have taken issue with it. I like kittens.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Black Trip   Black Trip - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 11:56 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Black Trip didn't change their name because they wanted to.  There is a band in the US with the same name that stopped them from releasing their last album - Shadowline - here. That's the true story of why they changed their name to VOJD.

I didn't understand why either, but I guess that makes sense. It ain't the first time that's happened and it won't be the last. I like these guys enough so I'll get the new album, whatever name they choose. Well, almost whatever name.

If they went with their rumored 2nd choice, Benito Hitler and the Kitten Killers, I might have taken issue with it. I like kittens.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Black Trip   Black Trip - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 1:31 pm

As much as I like kittens, Benito Hitler & the Kitten Killers is a glorious name for a band Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Trip   Black Trip - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Trip
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2