Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The hype!

Go down 
+10
MetalGuy71
stepcousin
the sentinel
SAHB Healer
GrandNational
scottmitchell74
Hamer12
Chairman_Smith
krokus
ultmetal
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 7:24 am

Eyesore wrote:
AceFrehley655 wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Kiss - I've never nor will I ever understand the hype (besides the schtick)

I second Ozzy.....great band - I think - despite Ozzy....

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Def Leppard...It just suck!
Don't make me kick your bunghole!

I continue saying it suck : ''Let's Put Some Sugar On Me!'' that song is just embarrassing...
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 8:48 am

all this is a matter of opinion so i'm not gonna cry and sulk when ppl say led zeppelin and ozzy are overated (altho i should Razz )
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 8:50 am

i'm gonna get flayed alive for saying this, but METALLICA. i like them and all but most ppl agree that they've only released 3 good albums. the best selling metal band of all time? 90 million albums worldwide? nah
Back to top Go down

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 12:47 pm

Kill 'Em All to Black Album...After that they really suck.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 12:52 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:
-Ozzy is bigger than Black Sabbath.

Ozzy is bigger than Sabbath because he sold his soul to reality telly.

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 12:53 pm

Smindas wrote:
AceFrehley655 wrote:
-Ozzy is bigger than Black Sabbath.

Ozzy is bigger than Sabbath because he sold his soul to reality telly.

He sold his soul to Sharon Osbourne.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 1:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
So far, I'd have to disagree with practically everyone mentioned in this post. KISS, Ozzy, Zep, the Stones, GnR, Stevie Ray, Dimebag, U2 and Hendrix have all done something that makes them stand out and unique from the crowd. You can debate all day whether what they did was original or if they deserved the praise, but of all those mentioned, at the end of the day, they all stand out from the pack in some way. How could they be considdered not worthy of hype when you know their work? You may not like them, but they certainly did something right to distinguish themselves. Well, maybe not Def Leppard, but the rest for sure.

Even Lenny Kravitz?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 1:49 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
So far, I'd have to disagree with practically everyone mentioned in this post. KISS, Ozzy, Zep, the Stones, GnR, Stevie Ray, Dimebag, U2 and Hendrix have all done something that makes them stand out and unique from the crowd. You can debate all day whether what they did was original or if they deserved the praise, but of all those mentioned, at the end of the day, they all stand out from the pack in some way. How could they be considdered not worthy of hype when you know their work? You may not like them, but they certainly did something right to distinguish themselves. Well, maybe not Def Leppard, but the rest for sure.

Even Lenny Kravitz?

Well I did say practically everyone. Lenny Kravitz, eh, I guess maybe allot of folks were mesmerized by a new black guy on the scene playing rock n roll. Hendrix was long dead and Prince was getting too weird. I dunno. I liked a few of his songs, but nothing outstanding. My wife has his greatest hits which I've listened to from time to time.
Back to top Go down

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 1:50 pm

I was mesmerized with Lenny too. I wondered how did he catch Lisa Bonet? Smile
Back to top Go down

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 4:19 pm

It's funny. Lenny is only half black, but he'll always be a "black guy".

Anyways, his first 2 albums border on genius - after that he really had
to go mainstream to keep his career going, and I think his uniqueness
really suffered.
Back to top Go down

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 4:20 pm

I'm only half fat but people still call me the fat guy.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 4:56 pm

Wasn't his Mom the one lady from The Jeffersons?
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 5:45 pm

I guess i'm just tired of seeing his cover songs replace the originals on the radio.

I want the real American Woman damnit!
Back to top Go down

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 5:47 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
I guess i'm just tired of seeing his cover songs replace the originals on the radio.

Here's the REAL american woman for ya....

The hype! - Page 2 Angelina_jolie1a_300x400
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 5:49 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

Here's the REAL american woman for ya....

The hype! - Page 2 Angelina_jolie1a_300x400

8)

Better be here in 2-3 days or back feedback for you.
Back to top Go down

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 6:20 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Guns n Roses. The most over hyped, self-righteous, self indulgent
pile of crap band ever. But they must have been brilliant,
because, some how, to this day they have millions of sheep worldwide
still worshipping them.

Definately, man they used to be my favourite band, I thank them for that because they acted as a gateway into Heavy Metal for me, but they are so overrated, and Slash!? Don't start me on people comparing him to Hendrix. Also now that I listen to them again, although it's still good music, it's kind of joker-ish.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 7:15 pm

I never got into GNR
Back to top Go down

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 8:24 pm

GNR were in playing after Metallica in Montreal or Quebec (Don't remember when too...) and after that James take on fire (Yes it was in Quebec) It was the GNR's turn but they came after 1 hour. After a few songs Axl said : ''We're out of here'' and GNR just get out of the stage... After that people started to destroy all what was around. Now I just hate GNR.
Back to top Go down

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 8:32 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
AceFrehley655 wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Kiss - I've never nor will I ever understand the hype (besides the schtick)

I second Ozzy.....great band - I think - despite Ozzy....

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Def Leppard...It just suck!
Don't make me kick your bunghole!

I continue saying it suck : ''Let's Put Some Sugar On Me!'' that song is just embarrassing...
It's one of the greatest rock songs ever written, and was so before you were born. 🤘
Back to top Go down

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 8:33 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
It's funny. Lenny is only half black, but he'll always be a "black guy".

Anyways, his first 2 albums border on genius - after that he really had
to go mainstream to keep his career going, and I think his uniqueness
really suffered.
Well, it's just not cool to say he's half white.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 8:42 am

Eyesore wrote:

It's one of the greatest rock songs ever written, and was so before you were born. 🤘

It's OK, but it's not even one of the better songs they wrote. scratch
Back to top Go down

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 4:10 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

To me it's a flop!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 8:31 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

To me it's a flop!

I would much rather hear "Overture" or "Answer to the Master" or "Lady Strange" but that's just me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 11:44 pm

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree about the Rolling Stones and U2. The impact of the Stones on rock and roll cannot be overstated, even if it is true that they have not released a good album since 1981's Tattoo You. The strength of their backcatalog up to that point secures their status as legends. As far as U2, not many bands from their era have managed to maintain the level of integrity and quality. With the possilbe exception of their Pop album, I enjoy all their recordings. I also do not think that SRV is overrated. Granted, he is not original, but I don't think that is what he is known for. He is known for his technique. Certain guitarists, like Eddie Van Halen and Jimi Hendrix are great because they revolutionized guitar playing. Others, like SRV (and yes...even Clapton) are great because they demonstrate great ability at the instrument. I would agree that Dimebag is overrated, however. I like Pantera, do not get me wrong. I just do not think that Dimebag really falls into either of these two categories. He was just a really good guitar player, period.
Back to top Go down

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 11:57 pm

Nice post nube! and Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The hype! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The hype!   The hype! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The hype!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next