Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exciter Reunites!!!

Go down 
+10
Gilbert
SideShowDisaSter
nevermore
krokus
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Thrasher73
corplhicks
Witchfinder
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

Exciter Reunites!!! Empty
PostSubject: Exciter Reunites!!!   Exciter Reunites!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 1:55 am

The original Exciter lineup has reunited!  

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/original-exciter-lineup-reunites/

Guitarist John Ricci of Canadian thrash metal pioneers EXCITER has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"Great news to all EXCITER fans worldwide: myself and original [EXCITER] members Dan Beehler [drums, vocals] and Allan Johnson [bass] have officially reunited! We intend [on] performing our bone-crushing, neck-snapping speed metal in as many countries that will have us!

"To celebrate our long-anticipated reunion, our first confirmed gig will be at the Keep It True festival in Lauda-Konigshofen, Germany, April 24, 2015. We hope to see you there! Our performance will consist of all the classics that established EXCITER as one of the pioneers of speed and thrash. New material and a new release will eventually follow.

"I also want to comment on my so-called 'retirement' which was posted on various sites on February 24 by the former EXCITER members. I just want to say I never said I was going to retire. In my opinion, this retirement announcement was fabricated exaggeration. What I did say is that 'I need a break from music' due to some rebellious behaviour from one of the musicians in the band. So, at this point, all that B.S. is behind me and I am now focusing on delivering some new ear-splitting, brain-rattling METAL with Dan and Allan!

"I want to thank all the loyal and dedicated fans and music industry individuals that contacted me during this false retirement statement and offering their support and a positive outcome to a situation that was non-repairable.

"Hope to see you soon with 'horns high and fists in the air!'"

The original EXCITER lineup recorded three classic albums in the 1980s — "Heavy Metal Maniac" (1983), "Violence & Force" (1984) and "Long Live the Loud" (1985) — before Ricci left he group and was replaced by Brian McPhee.

EXCITER's latest album, "Death Machine", which featured Ricci as the sole remaining original member, was released on October 29, 2010 via Massacre Records.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/original-exciter-lineup-reunites/#tgjoh16u0ukJU9zc.99

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Exciter Reunites!!!   Exciter Reunites!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 2:10 am

headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Exciter Reunites!!!   Exciter Reunites!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 2:12 am

Sweet!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exciter Reunites!!!   Exciter Reunites!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 2:17 am

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: Exciter Reunites!!!   Exciter Reunites!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 7:59 am

Great ! And coincidentally,I'm listening to Bryond The Gates Of Doom right now.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Exciter Reunites!!!   Exciter Reunites!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 8:14 am

Excellent!!!! New album would be good....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: Exciter Reunites!!!   Exciter Reunites!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 8:18 am

Cool. Always dug these guys.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Exciter Reunites!!!   Exciter Reunites!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 8:46 am

Amazing news. I already made a video about this:
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Exciter Reunites!!!   Exciter Reunites!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 9:25 pm

Excellent news!!  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Exciter Reunites!!!   Exciter Reunites!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 11:27 am

Painkiller wrote:
I saw this an hour ago. I just hope there's no fighting between the two groups for rights to the name. Does anyone know if John Ricci or any of the other two original members have rights to use it?

I'd say it's safe to assume there would be no issue.  John Ricci has been using the Exciter name for 20+ years with no objections (that I know of).  Having Dan Beehler back would only strengthen his claim, IMO.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Exciter Reunites!!!   Exciter Reunites!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 2:05 pm

Great news. I became a fan thanks to nolifetilmetal.

Die in the night is one of my all time favourite tracks.

Cant wait for some new material.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: Exciter Reunites!!!   Exciter Reunites!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 2:25 pm

I'm excited about Exciter reuniting, it's so exciting !

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Exciter Reunites!!!   Exciter Reunites!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 3:33 pm

Sort of cool news. I actually think they had a great bass player in Clammy. Cool that Dan Beehler is back, but bummer about Clammy losing his position in Exciter.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Exciter Reunites!!!   Exciter Reunites!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 3:38 pm

My introduction to this band was  Exciter Reunites!!! 220px-Exciter_Unveiling  I might check out anything new they put out..
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Exciter Reunites!!!   Exciter Reunites!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 7:24 pm

I liked the Belanger era.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exciter Reunites!!!   Exciter Reunites!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exciter Reunites!!!
Page 1 of 1