Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Malice Reunites

Go down 
+17
Lurideath
James B.
Igor
manny
GrandNational
nevermore
shamgar75
Wargod
Troublezone
Joe
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
jstate
kmorg
SpectreFate
MetalGuy71
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 10:52 am

Saw this on the Blabber...

Quote :
Reunited Los Angeles heavy metal legends MALICE have recruited journeyman metal lead singer James Rivera to front the band. James is the singer and driving force behind HELSTAR, and has been "the guy" for bands like VICIOUS RUMORS, SEVEN WITCHES and FLOTSAM AND JETSAM on numerous albums and world tours.

MALICE is currently rehearsing in Los Angeles and will soon to head to Europe in to co-headline the Keep It True festival in Germany on April 30 and play in Switzerland at Rock City (near Zurich) on May 1.

The band released an album titled "The Rare And Unreleased" last year on Retrospect Records in is hard at work on new material for its long-awaited new studio CD.

MALICE's two Atlantic releases — "In the Beginning" (1985) and "License to Kill" (1986) — are available Stateside on WEA label Wounded Bird and have continued to sell over the years.

James Rivera sure likes to keep busy!! Malice Reunites 604261

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 10:56 am

Jay Reynolds is a good guitarist, but this will probably just sound like Helstar.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39504

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 11:07 am

Cool news and I'd like to hear a new release. How does Rivera find the time to do all that stuff ?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 11:09 am

Never thought I'd say this, but: "Oh no, not Rivera..... again!" This will de anotf. make Malice just another power metal band.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 11:13 am

As a big fan of those Malice albums and of James Rivera this has potential to be amazing. Not quite sure I'd describe Rivera as a "journeyman" though. That sells him way too short IMO.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 11:14 am

Rivera doesn't fit in EVERY power metal band.

I thought Brian Allen (current VICIOUS RUMORS singer) was a much better fit.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 11:14 am

I don't know enough about either band to really have much of an opinion either way. Never heard Malice myself (heard they're good though) and the little of heard from Helstar didn't knock my socks off.

But Kmorg makes a point. With James singing in so many power/heavy metal bands, how is he gonna distinguish himself (or the band) from each other? Aren't they all gonna start to blend together?

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:00 pm

I think his work in Helstar is the best.As long as that doesnt suffer I dont care.Love his voice.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

But Kmorg makes a point. With James singing in so many power/heavy metal bands, how is he gonna distinguish himself (or the band) from each other? Aren't they all gonna start to blend together?

If the new Malice album is more straight up power metal, then I actually don't think they will. Helstar has certainly gone in a more thrashier and aggressive direction.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 6:39 pm

Quote :
Not quite sure I'd describe Rivera as a "journeyman" though. That sells him way too short

There's a pun in there somewhere. Razz
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 6:40 pm

This is that band that was in the Fred Savage movie right?

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 7:27 pm

Sounds good and I believe James Rivera is also gonna be the vocalist again for the new Seven witches cd coming out soon.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 9:45 pm

I remember Malice in the 1987 classic movie "Vice Versa" lol!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 9:48 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Sounds good and I believe James Rivera is also gonna be the vocalist again for the new Seven witches cd coming out soon.

Wargod52

Yes he is. I always liked License To Kill a lot. I hope this turns out good.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 9:56 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Not quite sure I'd describe Rivera as a "journeyman" though. That sells him way too short

There's a pun in there somewhere. Razz

So what if he's height challenged, he's got a big voice to compensate Laughing
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 10:47 pm

shamgar75 wrote:

Yeah, that's the one!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:38 am

The only thing about Malice is their name, never heard of their music.
Back to top Go down
Igor
Metal student
Metal student
Igor

Number of posts : 105

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:42 am

good news!
Malice Reunites 499945
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 9:14 am

A voice is a voice....What the music has going on behind the voice can change the whole dynamic from boring to exceptional. Mileage may vary.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 10:28 am

If anyone cares...

MALICE 2011 is:

* Mick Zane - Guitar
* Jay Reynolds - Guitar
* Mark Behn - Bass
* Pete Holmes (BLACK 'N BLUE, MICHAEL SCHENKER) - Drums
* James Rivera (HELSTAR, VICIOUS RUMORS, SEVEN WITCHES, FLOTSAM AND JETSAM) - Vocals

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:06 am

I've known about this for quite some time being friends with Jay and James. I think it will work out fine! Malice is a good band.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:34 am

I like JAMES RIVERA with HELSTAR of course, and he was great on DISTANT THUNDER, KILLING MACHINE and DESTINY´S END but i dont need him more with other bands, everything with him on sounds a like, thats a problem i think (thats why i dont really care about VICIOUS RUMORS today).
Back to top Go down
Storm_Rider89
Metal novice
Metal novice
Storm_Rider89

Number of posts : 51

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:46 pm

Hey this is the guy who tried out for Megadeth around SFSGSW (Jay Reynolds). Wasnt he in Metal Church as well before they finished up? As for James Rivera, watver hes in will slay, dude can sing.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 9:23 pm

Troublezone wrote:
shamgar75 wrote:

Yeah, that's the one!

Glad someone else remembered Very Happy
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 9:59 am

This is the way to cone back? Aren't there more metal singers? I think doing it the band will be compared with Jame'S projects. But I'm happy to hear the news
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Malice Reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Reunites   Malice Reunites Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Malice Reunites
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next