Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's the weather today

Go down 
+28
Witchfinder
Red Kitty
scottmitchell74
oldschooldoom
mikeinfla
DakotaRogers
Dr8breed74
chewie
Lovecraft
TheGooch
corplhicks
Gilbert
DallasBlack
James B.
mlotek
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Dark Horseman
thejokeriv
bassman
tohostudios
Required Fields
MoonChild
exact33
Leatherface
bass63
nevermore
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

What's the weather today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 6:16 pm

Yeah, at least my furnace is still working (*knocks on wood*).  The furnace of a guy I work with picked last night to die.  Fortunately his inlaws live close by so he could stay with them.

Oh, and it's a damn good thing I shoveled my driveway yesterday because Godiva picked last night to come down with a recurrence of her bladder infection.  Fortunately I still had some pain meds left over from her last bout in October so I could keep her comfortable.  And the vet is literally across from the entrance to my subdivision so all I had to do was navigate my way out of the subdivision and up the highway for about a 1/4 mile to get her the antibiotic injection she needed.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 6:28 pm

007 wrote:
Baby it's cold outside. And getting colder....

Yep, pretty much the story around here... dropped QUICK too - went from 40 to 20 in an hour or so.... down to 18 now and still dropping fast....... the problem is the wind making it feel even colder
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 6:32 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
007 wrote:

Yep, pretty much the story around here... dropped QUICK too - went from 40 to 20 in an hour or so.... down to 18 now and still dropping fast....... the problem is the wind making it feel even colder

Get ready for it joker; what we have now is supposed to be heading your way.  We managed to get to a high of zero this afternoon.  I spent about 15 minutes shoveling my driveway for the third time (damn blowing snow) and reopening the end of the driveway (damn snow plow) and managed to chap my lips and cheekbones.  I stupidly figured I was only going to be out there for a few minutes so I didn't need to take any precautions.  Well that's all it takes...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:55 pm

tohostudios wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
007 wrote:

Get ready for it joker; what we have now is supposed to be heading your way.  We managed to get to a high of zero this afternoon.  I spent about 15 minutes shoveling my driveway for the third time (damn blowing snow) and reopening the end of the driveway (damn snow plow) and managed to chap my lips and cheekbones.  I stupidly figured I was only going to be out there for a few minutes so I didn't need to take any precautions.  Well that's all it takes...

Down to 13 now.....

We won't get as cold as you, but still 6F with windchill of -15 to -25 is bad enough.....
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:34 am

We went from a high of 55 yesterday (at 1 in the morning) to 5 below by 11:00 pm, a 55 degree drop in one day. Woke up this morning to -8 temps. Not sure what it was with wind chill. At least the sun is shining !
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37655

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:48 am

Colder than a witch's titty in a copper bra. I passed a time-and-temperature sign outside a school on my way to work this AM that read -4. Yikes!! Lord only knows what it felt like with the wind chill factored in.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:50 am

My car said it was 2. I would've guessed 8 or 9 degrees easily.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:31 am

Outside temp this AM at my house was 1. Took out the dog and that I could actually handle... until the winds kicked in and that was brutal!

Edit: I can feel the cold coming off the windows at my office..... thank God for space heaters!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 6:19 pm

Sounds like you guys are getting the weather we had the past 2 days.  We actually warmed to a balmy 25 today and tonight the lows are going to be above zero so relief will be on the way for you who live Northeast of me.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 7:28 pm

This is the COLDEST it has ever been for me in southern Ontario.  Thick ice on sidewalk and roads from the wet snow that fell last night and the temperatures just kept plummeting. SO many, many close collisions today I witnessed within minutes at an intersection because everyone is still driving too fast, on the the ice covered roads.

I can't believe the city didn't send trucks out to keep salting the roads. They send a snow plough around here I think twice a day.Once at 4 or 5 am, and again during 9-3 pm.

currently at 7:26 p.m.
-18°C
Feels like -28°C

Tues. Overnight
Cloudy periods
-20°C
Feels like -33°C

I am glad I haven't lost power again like many other neighborhoods and in other cities.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 7:33 pm

mlotek wrote:
This is the COLDEST it has ever been for me in southern Ontario.  Thick ice on sidewalk and roads from the wet snow that fell last night and the temperatures just kept plummeting. SO many, many close collisions today I witnessed within minutes at an intersection because everyone is still driving too fast, on the the ice covered roads.

I can't believe the city didn't send trucks out to keep salting the roads. They send a snow plough around here I think twice a day.Once at 4 or 5 am, and again during 9-3 pm.

currently at 7:26 p.m.
-18°C
Feels like -28°C

Tues. Overnight
Cloudy periods
-20°C
Feels like -33°C

I am glad I haven't lost power again like many other neighborhoods and in other cities.

Same thing happened here with the salt trucks.  They claim the super low temperatures render salting useless yet yesterday, when it was -8 F here, I shoveled my driveway and threw out some salt and surprise, surprise...it actually melted the remaining snow/ice in the driveway. 

Maybe if cars keep driving over the salt after they spread it it doesn't work?

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 7:33 pm

High: 67
Low: 49

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 7:34 pm

S.D. wrote:

You, sir, suck.   Smile

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 7:35 pm

S.D. wrote:

butt dance 
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 7:41 pm

007 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

butt dance 

Laughing very hard

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 7:43 pm

What's the weather today - Page 3 775710 
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 7:52 pm

Moonchild noted elsewhere that even the kittens in my new avatar are fleeing for warmer climes!

Looks to me like they're heading straight for SD Land...

"Your high and low temps were what????  We are SO outta here!"

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:03 am

tohostudios wrote:
Moonchild noted elsewhere that even the kittens in my new avatar are fleeing for warmer climes!

Looks to me like they're heading straight for SD Land...

Smile Kitties, they "know" Wink
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 4:43 am

COLD!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:19 am

It was 6 degrees when I left for work. It's going all the way up into the 20s today. It's supposed to warm up nicely this weekend.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:00 pm

Much warmer today; highs in the 20s where we should be.

Little storm rolling through tonight bringing another inch or so of snow.

By Sunday we're supposed to be in the 50s.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 6:03 am

Sunny in the high 30s
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:19 am

Mid 30s and overcast
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 11:30 am

25 and an inch of snow overnight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 2:50 pm

High: 65
Low: 52

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the weather today
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next