Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Peter O'Toole dead at 81

Go down 
+3
nevermore
Required Fields
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

Peter O'Toole dead at 81 Empty
PostSubject: Peter O'Toole dead at 81   Peter O'Toole dead at 81 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 3:05 pm

http://news.ca.msn.com/world/lawrence-of-arabia-star-peter-otoole-dead-at-81-1
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Peter O'Toole dead at 81   Peter O'Toole dead at 81 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 9:40 am

I saw that. Another one of the greats is gone.

R.I.P. 
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: Peter O'Toole dead at 81   Peter O'Toole dead at 81 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 10:21 am

For some reason (and I don't know why) I was thinking he had already passed away.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Peter O'Toole dead at 81   Peter O'Toole dead at 81 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 1:45 pm

Also RIP Tom Laughlin

He may not have been Peter O'Toole, but he helped inspire independent filmmakers and pave the way for martial arts movies.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter O'Toole dead at 81   Peter O'Toole dead at 81 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 1:52 pm

and RIP to Joan Fontaine who had career defining roles in two Alfred Hitchcock films; Rebecca and Suspicion.

In regards to Peter O'Toole if you've never seen the film "The Stunt Man" from 1980 then you've missed one of his all-time best performances and also probably the best film about the making of films.

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Peter O'Toole dead at 81   Peter O'Toole dead at 81 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Long and full life!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Peter O'Toole dead at 81   Peter O'Toole dead at 81 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 4:10 pm

nevermore wrote:
For some reason (and I don't know why) I was thinking he had already passed away.

I thought the same thing too. I hate when that happens. He was fun to watch.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Peter O'Toole dead at 81   Peter O'Toole dead at 81 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 4:11 pm

S.D. wrote:
and RIP to Joan Fontaine who had career defining roles in two Alfred Hitchcock films; Rebecca and Suspicion.  

In regards to Peter O'Toole if you've never seen the film "The Stunt Man" from 1980 then you've missed one of his all-time best performances and also probably the best film about the making of films.  

Just echoing Shawn's opinion on Stunt Man. Great movie and very entertaining.

RIP to the three of them.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Peter O'Toole dead at 81   Peter O'Toole dead at 81 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 5:40 am

Very sad although, given the way he lived his life, 81? Not bad at all!

Been meaning to watch My Favorite Year ever since Shawn posted about it a few weeks ago. Great film and a favorite from childhood.

R.I.P Peter R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peter O'Toole dead at 81   Peter O'Toole dead at 81 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Peter O'Toole dead at 81
Page 1 of 1