Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RIP Peter Tork

Go down 
+2
mikeinfla
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

RIP Peter Tork Empty
PostSubject: RIP Peter Tork   RIP Peter Tork Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 11:46 am

I put this in this section because it was more of a show than a band. I loved the show when I was a kid and saw them in 1986 on the reunion tour in Knoxville, TN.

Peter Tork, a blues and folk musician who became a teeny-bopper sensation as a member of the Monkees, the wisecracking, made-for-TV pop group that imitated and briefly outsold the Beatles, died Feb. 21. He was 77.

His death was confirmed by his sister Anne Thorkelson, who did not say where or how he died. Mr. Tork was diagnosed with adenoid cystic carcinoma, a rare cancer affecting his tongue, in 2009.
RIP Peter Tork Peter-Tork-the-monkees-19107507-813-1194
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39405

RIP Peter Tork Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Peter Tork   RIP Peter Tork Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 11:55 am

Man that's a bummer. I always enjoyed the Monkees music (more so than the show).

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18880

RIP Peter Tork Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Peter Tork   RIP Peter Tork Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 11:59 am

RIP
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

RIP Peter Tork Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Peter Tork   RIP Peter Tork Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 12:12 pm

My favorite Peter Monkees moment...

Thanks for the laughs and the music, Pete.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

RIP Peter Tork Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Peter Tork   RIP Peter Tork Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 8:44 pm

I loved the Monkees, music and show, some of their songs hold up better than the so called serious bands from the era.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

RIP Peter Tork Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Peter Tork   RIP Peter Tork Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 7:13 pm

The Monkees were probably the first band I ever really loved. I watched the tv show religiously as a kid

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RIP Peter Tork Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Peter Tork   RIP Peter Tork Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIP Peter Tork
Page 1 of 1