Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deicide-In The Minds of Evil

Go down 
+7
Sword Of The Heretic
Spiner202
MetallicSeminarian
corplhicks
mc666
metalhead777
11 posters
AuthorMessage
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Empty
PostSubject: Deicide-In The Minds of Evil   Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 1:13 am

Anyone buying? I've never been a huge fan of how "childish" I suppose you could say their take on lyrics is. But I've always thought Glen Benton was an amazing vocals and Jack Owens's guitar work.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Deicide-In The Minds of Evil   Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 1:29 am

I'm on board, always have been. The last album was a little weak though. I'm hoping this is another Stench of Redemption.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: New Deicide Cominc   Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 9:08 pm

This is news to me. Don't know if there's many Deicide fans in the house but their new album In the Minds of Evil is out on the 25th here in the states. Check it out:

EDIT: didn't know there was already a thread on this, so I guess I'm a little late to the party.

Last edited by corplhicks on Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Deicide-In The Minds of Evil   Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 9:11 pm

Here's a lyric video. I'm loving it.

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Deicide-In The Minds of Evil   Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Can't get past Benton or the lyrics. Ergo, I avoid this band.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Deicide-In The Minds of Evil   Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 9:37 pm

Benton's an asshole like a hundred other frontmen I take an ear to, and the lyrics are as satanic and evil as a hundred other bands I listen to, so it fazes me none. Though their style has changed some over the years, I've always appreciated their sound and tone in each album. Benton has a marvelous growl, too.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Deicide-In The Minds of Evil   Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 9:42 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Benton's an asshole like a hundred other frontmen I take an ear to, and the lyrics are as satanic and evil as a hundred other bands I listen to, so it fazes me none. Though their style has changed some over the years, I've always appreciated their sound and tone in each album. Benton has a marvelous growl, too.
Certain bands are just too over the line for me to be comfortable listening to. Just a personal thing and a case by case basis.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Deicide-In The Minds of Evil   Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 9:43 pm

mc666 wrote:
I'm on board, always have been. The last album was a little weak though. I'm hoping this is another Stench of Redemption.
That was a badass album, especially with Homage to Satan.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Deicide-In The Minds of Evil   Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 9:44 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Certain bands are just too over the line for me to be comfortable listening to. Just a personal thing and a case by case basis.
I completely understand this. Smile
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: Deicide-In The Minds of Evil   Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 9:53 pm

I was never bothered by lyrical content but good lord the "vocals" bugged the hell out of me. Never could stand bands that used those type hence I avoid them.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Deicide-In The Minds of Evil   Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 11:53 pm

007 wrote:
I was never bothered by lyrical content but good lord the "vocals" bugged the hell out of me. Never could stand bands that used those type hence I avoid them.
I'm really only a fan of early death vox. As I usually say, there was far more diversity back then as opposed to the current mainstream selection. Benton was pretty unique for the day. Now he has a gazillion imitators.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Deicide-In The Minds of Evil   Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 9:26 am

I'm really excited for this. The last Deicide album was great, particularly because Benton went back to using understandable vocals.

For the people that don't like Benton/the lyrics: keep in mind this is all a joke. Benton has admitted that it's a business now. He knew what would get his band popular, and it worked. I personally think he's really smart.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: Deicide-In The Minds of Evil   Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:54 pm

Love Glen's voice. Hate his lyrics. Pass.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Deicide-In The Minds of Evil   Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 11:39 pm

Spiner202 wrote:
I'm really excited for this. The last Deicide album was great, particularly because Benton went back to using understandable vocals.

For the people that don't like Benton/the lyrics: keep in mind this is all a joke. Benton has admitted that it's a business now. He knew what would get his band popular, and it worked. I personally think he's really smart.
Could you post where he said it was just a gimmick?
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Deicide-In The Minds of Evil   Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 8:17 am

choosemetal wrote:
Spiner202 wrote:

Could you post where he said it was just a gimmick?
He's said it in a few interviews over the years, but I believe he talks about it in the interview he did about the Broken Hope guys getting kicked off the tour. He doesn't outright say it's a gimmick, but he's pretty clear about the fact that he needs to make money and keep going with what he's done. I didn't relisten to this interview, but I think it's this one: http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/10/25/special-edition-metalsucks-podcast-deicides-glen-benton-responds-broken-hope-genre/

While I don't think he is as non-serious as the guys in Cannibal Corpse, for example, he's definitely not the same "satanic madman" he used to be, nor do I believe he was ever really that way.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Deicide-In The Minds of Evil   Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:32 pm

He could play a laugh track after every song and I would still avoid it. It's a shame, because I love good death metal.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Deicide-In The Minds of Evil   Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 10:16 pm

If you like good death metal, there are many great bands who don't focus on religion at all. There are also many good christian death bands. Deicide is a satanic band. Whether it's for real or of the Slayer variety, who knows? They're unlikely to change though. Move on.

MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Deicide-In The Minds of Evil   Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 10:25 pm

mc666 wrote:
If you like good death metal, there are many great bands who don't focus on religion at all. There are also many good christian death bands. Deicide is a satanic band. Whether it's for real or of the Slayer variety, who knows? They're unlikely to change though. Move on.
And I have. I just was pointing out that whether it's genuine or not wouldn't affect my view. That was all. I was also trying to give them credit for being a good band, musically, to show that I wasn't trying to deny their talent in any way.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Deicide-In The Minds of Evil   Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 10:32 pm

mc666 wrote:
And I have. I just was pointing out that whether it's genuine or not wouldn't affect my view. That was all. I was also trying to give them credit for being a good band, musically, to show that I wasn't trying to deny their talent in any way.
I wasn't directing that at you in particular. Just with the people in general who for some reason still express disappointment with Deicide's lyrics.

MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Deicide-In The Minds of Evil   Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 10:36 pm

mc666 wrote:
mc666 wrote:
I wasn't directing that at you in particular. Just with the people in general who for some reason still express disappointment with Deicide's lyrics.
I gotcha. No worries. I'll now leave the thread for the fans and crank up some other death metal. headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Deicide-In The Minds of Evil   Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2016 7:05 pm

Deicide-In The Minds of Evil 2ic2m3m
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Deicide-In The Minds of Evil   Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 3:21 pm

From the few samples i heard, this band is technically gifted. Too bad the lyrics and the stupid satanic image ruin it.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Deicide-In The Minds of Evil   Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 3:37 pm

The first two albums are Death Metal classics IMHO, but Benton is a fn moron.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deicide-In The Minds of Evil   Deicide-In The Minds of Evil Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deicide-In The Minds of Evil
Page 1 of 1