Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!"

Go down 
+4
mc666
spiritoradio
GrandNational
candlemass
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!" Empty
PostSubject: Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!"   Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:04 pm

For ages I've been wanting to do a metal version of Garth Brook's "The Thunder Rolls." I've always thought it would make for a sick metal tune, and it's one of the very few country songs that I like. Actually, I love that song. It's really cool, I think.

Anyway, no band I was ever in wanted to touch it. A band from Maine did, though. I have a friend from the Air Force who lives up there, his brother was in this band once and when I visited recently I mentioned my thoughts about this song, they told me how this band had covered it.

http://www.myspace.com/deadseason1

It's the last song. It's basically a nu-metal cover, and not what I envisioned, but I think it proves that this song can be turned into a killer metal tune. I do like this version, but it could have been more eerie during the verses and more epic during the choruses. Still cool, though.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!"   Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:14 pm

sick
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!"   Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:56 pm

I'm shocked that that's your response.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!"   Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 10:22 pm

Not so good. Sorry Eyesore, but that was a Earsore.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!"   Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 11:35 pm

I thought it sounded pretty cool. Nice cover IMO.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!"   Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 12:07 am

GrandNational wrote:
Not so good. Sorry Eyesore, but that was a Earsore.
This was more about how a metal band should do a killer cover about that song. This cover was sort of secondary. And I do think it's pretty cool. Not amazing, though.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!"   Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 12:17 am

um... this doesn't sound so great. i have to agree with GrandNational.

Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!"   Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 5:45 pm

They should take it & every other Barf Brooks song & cover it under 6 feet of dirt.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!"   Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 6:54 pm

Hamer12 wrote:
They should take it & every other Barf Brooks song & cover it under 6 feet of dirt.

lol! Laughing very hard Razz Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!" 56834 laughing cheers :flower:
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!"   Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 7:20 pm

Yah, I'm kinda in agreement with mc and GrandNational. Not so hot.

The tune might make a decent song, but that wasn't it to my ears.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!"   Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 7:42 pm

I'd like to hear the original.

I've always wanted Ultimatum to do a thrash metal cover of a Keith Green song. Now that would be fun!

ult

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!"   Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 7:54 pm

Well, I didn't expect much but I was pleasantly surprised. I expected a Korn/Limp Bizkit type song but that sounds better than either of them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!"   Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 8:03 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!"   Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 9:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I've always wanted Ultimatum to do a thrash metal cover of a Keith Green song. Now that would be fun!

ult
You've never heard the original? It's brutal...for a country song. Haha. Most country stations, though, play the edited version, the one without the verse that implies that the wife kills her cheating husband. That's too ruthless for country, I guess. Here is the original version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCm1m5muU-Q

That could definitely make a killer metal tune!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!"   Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 12:46 am

ultmetal wrote:

ult

Please don't! surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!"   Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Someone Finally Covered "The Thunder Rolls!"
Page 1 of 1