Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amazon Trade-In

Go down 
+2
MetalGuy71
corplhicks
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:54 pm

So Amazon takes trade-ins. Music, books, movies, and electronics. It's a clunky interface that needs work--in fact, that make it rather difficult to find out if something is valid for trade--but I gave it a go and, well, we'll see. Mind you, most of my offerings were DVD's, Blu Rays, some books, and no more than three CDs, but some CDs can get you a good amount (4 bucks for T&N). The prices do fluctuate and of course depend on condition of your item(s). Also keep in mind this is all for an Amazon gift card so it may only be worth it to you if you're a Prime member (which you should be regardless). Anyway, you build a list, box everything up, print out a shipping label, and wait. The waiting is the hardest part depending on where you live; my box was shipped off last Wed and still hasn't gotten there yet. I'll keep everyone posted here how it goes; apparently my items may cull up to 180 for me, which is awesome, but they have to inspect it and could send a few things back.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:04 pm

It was a subject I inquired about some time ago...

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t17928-amazon-s-trade-in-program?highlight=amazone+trade+-in

I still haven't gotten around to trading in anything myself. And I still might at some point, but my procrastination bug has been acting up again. I need to refill my perscription for it, but, well, you know.

Anywho, I'd be curious to see how things work out for you though. Good luck.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:18 pm

I dislike Amazon and only use them if I have to.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
It was a subject I inquired about some time ago...

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t17928-amazon-s-trade-in-program?highlight=amazone+trade+-in

I still haven't gotten around to trading in anything myself. And I still might at some point, but my procrastination bug has been acting up again. I need to refill my perscription for it, but, well, you know.

Anywho, I'd be curious to see how things work out for you though. Good luck.
Thanks. It was a bit of a hassle, especially since I don't have a printer and had to find a box, etc. I hope it was worth the work.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:19 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I dislike Amazon and only use them if I have to.
I have to ask...why?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:52 pm

1. I had a bad experience with them
2. I have friends who have worked for them
3. They use every trick in the book to avoid paying tax (this is a big issue in the U.K at the moment)
4. I would much rather use a small independent dealer if at all possible.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 3:04 pm

5. They feed kittens and puppies to their pet aligators at Amazon headquarters to the amusement of executives.
6. They once laughed at an old lady that tripped and dropped her groceries.
7. They have tradmarked the name Amazon, so now the rainforest has to pay royalties.
8. Never use turn signals when switching lanes
9. Had relations with your mom and uploaded the pics to the web after they promised they wouldn't
[citation needed]

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 3:20 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

9. Had relations with your mom and uploaded the pics to the web after they promised they wouldn't
[citation needed]
Can't blame them for that, it was actually my mum who uploaded those.  Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 3:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

7. They have tradmarked the name Amazon, so now the rainforest has to pay royalties.
Admit it, if that turned out to be true, you wouldn't be THAT surprised. lol! 
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 3:54 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Admit it, if that turned out to be true, you wouldn't be THAT surprised. lol! 
At the very least, I'm sure at some point they had someone in legal looking over it as a possibilty. However the thought of getting paid in Brazil nuts proved to be illogical Very Happy 

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:11 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
1. I had a bad experience with them
2. I have friends who have worked for them
3. They use every trick in the book to avoid paying tax (this is a big issue in the U.K at the moment)
4. I would much rather use a small independent dealer if at all possible.
I see. That one bad experience you had with them must've been pretty bad. They've treated us like gold, and I've had hundreds of bad experiences at small record shops. I dunno, these things can be said about a hundred different retailers, big and small, but #4 I agree with. I just don't have many indies in the area so Amazon is my most affordable and available source.

I'd like to check out #3 further, though. I'm curious.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:56 pm

I see what you're saying:

Quote :
On 2nd August 2013 the Daily Mail ran an expose outing Amazon UK for employee gps 'tagging' and subjecting them to harsh working conditions, describing employees as 'human robots', the newspaper said that Amazon employed 'controversial' zero-hour contracts as a tool to reprimand staff. [195] A Channel 4 documentary broadcast on the 1st August 2013 employed secret camera's within Amazon UK's Rugeley warehouse documenting worker abuses and made similar claim to the Daily Mail calling the working practices 'horrendous and exhausting'.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:15 pm

I like amazon and the people i know who work them here in Delaware say they are decent employers.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:34 pm

exact33 wrote:
I like amazon and the people i know who work them here in Delaware say they are decent employers.
I think that's it. I worked for Starbucks a number of years. Some stores treated me like royalty, before and after promotion. Other stores treated me like shit (and the customers). Bottom line is local management, or if DM is paying attention to these things. I would say that the Starbucks that treated their baristas poorly (i.e. forcing them into overtime, favoritism) are not truly representing the company as a whole, which has decent values and motives.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 4:07 pm

Package was received today, so time frame from CA to KY is about five calender days. All items are "processing." Wondering if they'll be confirmed today, but even after that it takes two to three business days for the Amazon gift card to be fulfilled.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 4:08 pm

Well, that was a waste of time.

Out of the 30 items I sent in, only 12 were accepted.

The initial expected amount was 180.00. I made 40.

The reason for the returns? A few were unacceptable, no big. But the majority were listed as "wrong item."

I'm confused. They have the same SKU's, such as my Blade Runner DVD set in the briefcase. Why would it be the wrong item? Plus they have no option to default to the "right item," they just box it up and ship it back.

Terrible, really. Didn't even make enough for the wireless headphones I wanted. Not recommended. Going to give them a call this afternoon.

EDIT: After looking through the list again the strangest rejection was for my Star Trek II (Expanded) soundtrack, which was supposed to get me 8 bucks. It says wrong item. There's only one. The CD is distributed by a small outfit and no other UPC could be found. Even when I search Amazon, a second one doesn't pop up. What the hell?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 4:37 pm

Told you they were evil! Evil or Very Mad 

Razz 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 4:45 pm

Eh, this deal's not so much evil as it is frustrating (now if they made me pay for the shipping? Oh hell no...).

Contacted CSR; the lady was as confused as I was. I suggested several tweaks they should make in their currently flawed system, but the incorrect UPC shit is something she couldn't give an answer to. I matched those up solid when I sent them in, and some don't even have a second UPC.

Anyway she was sympathetic and the box is coming back to me with the other items that didn't sell, so she wrote to the upper's and is going to talk to the trade-in dept; she wants me to contact her if I send it back in, which I might just to get a point across (including a letter in the box), and she'll oversee it. Of course, I realize this is just CSR we're talking about, so whatever, probably has a minor chance of successful outcome.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 5:58 pm

So my stuff came back a week later and I'm taking things in a different direction: selling through Amazon. You see, I'm not a fan of Ebay selling ever since PayPal started putting 21-day holds on funds (my wife is dealing with this now, and even though she provided tracking info to speed things up, paypal still froze the funds for an extra week; she needs the money tomorrow for a project). We'll see if Amazon is much better, but I figured instead of trying to trade all of this shit in again, we'll see if using a third-party storefront brings in more money.

Is there a way to list non-music items for sale on HOM? That would be cool.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 6:45 pm

corplhicks wrote:
So my stuff came back a week later and I'm taking things in a different direction: selling through Amazon. You see, I'm not a fan of Ebay selling ever since PayPal started putting 21-day holds on funds (my wife is dealing with this now, and even though she provided tracking info to speed things up, paypal still froze the funds for an extra week; she needs the money tomorrow for a project). We'll see if Amazon is much better, but I figured instead of trying to trade all of this shit in again, we'll see if using a third-party storefront brings in more money.

Since you are an established HOM member, I think you can list anything you want in the Metal Market thread.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 7:02 pm

tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Since you are an established HOM member, I think you can list anything you want in the Metal Market thread.
I always thought that was for music only. Not the case?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 7:14 pm

corplhicks wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Not to my knowledge. I think it was MetalGuy who tried selling his creepy Santa Claus doll there.

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 7:18 pm

You can sell just about anything you want here, but please no used condoms or tampons.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 9:18 pm

Shoot. Maybe I'll put up my Blade Runner box set if it doesn't sell on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:51 pm

tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Not to my knowledge.  I think it was MetalGuy who tried selling his creepy Santa Claus doll there.
Technically, I only posted a link to my ebay auctions. The Evil Christmas Clown was part of it. And if you speak ill of him again, he will visit you in the night and eat your soul.

Amazon Trade-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Trade-In   Amazon Trade-In Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amazon Trade-In
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next