Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"X-Files" Stars at Comic Con

Go down 
+7
thejokeriv
corplhicks
James B.
mc666
exact33
Fat Freddy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

"X-Files" Stars at Comic Con - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "X-Files" Stars at Comic Con   "X-Files" Stars at Comic Con - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 12:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
It will come down to whether they can sign the stars for a reasonable amount or not. Also, whether Fox is willing to pony up the funds to actually shoot in Los Angeles instead of going to much-cheaper Canada. Duchovney isn't going to be willing to live in Canada for 9 months out of the year

I've also heard that they were considering doing it as a "limited run" series ala the "24" comeback from a year or so ago, which might sweeten the deal for the cast members, i.e. they won't be locked into a lengthy series commitment.

What happened to movie series, they made two and that was that? Also Gillian Anderson I believe lives or at least works in the UK now, she does this excellent BBC series called the Fall where she places a very hardened cynical detective. That might hinder any plans to revive the show.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: "X-Files" Stars at Comic Con   "X-Files" Stars at Comic Con - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 12:56 pm

Quote :
What happened to movie series, they made two and that was that?

The second feature film ("I Want To Believe") tanked at the box office in 2008. In a classic example of bad timing on 20th Century Fox's part, the movie opened on the same weekend as "The Dark Knight," needless to say "TDK" crushed it like a bug.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: "X-Files" Stars at Comic Con   "X-Files" Stars at Comic Con - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 12:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
What happened to movie series, they made two and that was that?

The second feature film ("I Want To Believe") tanked at the box office in 2008. In a classic example of bad timing on 20th Century Fox's part, the movie opened on the same weekend as "The Dark Knight," needless to say "TDK" crushed it like a bug.

Yea, that explains it, but I am sure if they do what do with Star Trek or even Batman, make a movie that appeals outside the fanbase, and it should do pretty well.

Not everyone who has seen a Star Trek film is a trekkie, so that could work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "X-Files" Stars at Comic Con   "X-Files" Stars at Comic Con - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 1:08 pm

The other problem with the second X-Files movie was it had been too long since the series was on the air and the fanbase had moved onto other things. The movie had a low budget (only $30 million which was less than half of the first film) yet still managed to lose money because they only managed to make $20 million in ticket sales domestically. Poor word of mouth didn't help either. I enjoyed seeing the characters again but the Frankenstein-style script just seemed like one of the middle-of-the-road monster of the week episodes from the series.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: "X-Files" Stars at Comic Con   "X-Files" Stars at Comic Con - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 1:10 pm

S.D. wrote:
The other problem with the second X-Files movie was it had been too long since the series was on the air and the fanbase had moved onto other things.  The movie had a low budget (only $30 million which was less than half of the first film) yet still managed to lose money because they only managed to make $20 million in ticket sales domestically.  Poor word of mouth didn't help either.  I enjoyed seeing the characters again but the Frankenstein-style script just seemed like one of the middle-of-the-road monster of the week episodes from the series.  

I was a causal fan of the X File series, but I remember the trailer to the first film and going to see it, and really liking the first film.

The second film, I did not see but all I heard was how terrible it was and this was from X Files fans, but I figured it had made money on DVD sales to warrant a third film
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "X-Files" Stars at Comic Con   "X-Files" Stars at Comic Con - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 1:18 pm

The first X-Files film came out at the height of the shows popularity and continued the mythology they had been exploring, it basically works as a bridge between two of the seasons. So there was a lot of impetus for fans of the show to go see the movie in the theater. The second film came out a full 6 years after the series ended...and the last couple Mulder-less seasons of the show were not well received by fans so it was a much tougher sell.

The second film isn't *terrible*, it's just kind of feels like an average episode of the series.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: "X-Files" Stars at Comic Con   "X-Files" Stars at Comic Con - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 1:35 pm

From what I understand the second film was an old script with no connection to the franchise and ended up being tied together through multiple writers and rewrites.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: "X-Files" Stars at Comic Con   "X-Files" Stars at Comic Con - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 10:32 pm

She does look good in the photo above.
I was on the fence when I seen her in the movie Boogie Woogie,  I could not put my finger what it was.
Something made her seem unattractive in half of her scenes. Maybe it was the lighting. I read that Lucille Ball was a master of how to always look good onscreen, she knew after so many years what to do, she would demand stage lighting changes if necessary. Due to how positioned in certain ways, could make her look unflattering (eg. fat, double chin, older than what she was, etc).

I also would like to see another X Files movie, or the tv series restarted (NOT a reboot).
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: "X-Files" Stars at Comic Con   "X-Files" Stars at Comic Con - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 5:13 am

S.D. wrote:
The first X-Files film came out at the height of the shows popularity and continued the mythology they had been exploring, it basically works as a bridge between two of the seasons.  So there was a lot of impetus for fans of the show to go see the movie in the theater.  The second film came out a full 6 years after the series ended...and the last couple Mulder-less seasons of the show were not well received by fans so it was a much tougher sell.  

The second film isn't *terrible*, it's just kind of feels like an average episode of the series.  

Agree, not a terrible film, but it felt like an average "monster of the week" episode. I loved the series - until the last few Mulder-less seasons. I stopped watching at that point, but did tune in for the finale.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "X-Files" Stars at Comic Con   "X-Files" Stars at Comic Con - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"X-Files" Stars at Comic Con
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2