Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Comic Con

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Comic Con Empty
PostSubject: Comic Con   Comic Con Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 8:07 pm

Anyone ever been to a comic con (specifically wizard world)? Was it fun? what was it like? Is it worth the massive amount of money it would cost me and my wife to go?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Comic Con Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Con   Comic Con Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 10:01 am

I went to one in Philly back in the late 90's, when it was still more of a nerd-fest and not as popular as it is today. I was a casual collector at the time and went with a buddy of mine. It was more out of curiosity really than collecting. I think it was just a 2-day event. It was cool seeing some of the artists and stuff. I picked up a few things but nothing really expensive or noteworthy, save for one thing. I found a copy of MAD Magazine from June of 1971, the month and year I was born. Thought that was cool.

I don't recall spending a ton or money or anything, but that was almost 20 years ago. Oh, and I did get my picture taken with Mr. T too. So there's that.

I like looking at photos and reading articles about them nowadays, but I wouldn't have an interest in actually going to one now. I don't have the time, money or even comic knowledge anymore.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Comic Con Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Con   Comic Con Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 10:20 am

I used to go to small local monthly "cons" all the time during my comic collecting days (80s and early 90s) but never any of the big shows like San Diego Comicon or Wizard World, so my experience was similar to MG's. The shows I attended were pretty basic, just a room full of dealers and a couple of random comic artists sketching stuff for the fanboys. There were never any movie/TV stars, cosplayers, or any of that nonsense.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Comic Con Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Con   Comic Con Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 11:58 am

Never been to one, never been top of my list for trips..... But, I do know people that have gone to ComiCon in San Diego and they loved it.... they haven't gone in a few years, but said they always had fun when they went.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Comic Con Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Con   Comic Con Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 2:37 pm

The one in Sacramento is pretty big. My kids dig it and have gone the last three years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Comic Con Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Con   Comic Con Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comic Con
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: