Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chrome Locust apologies

Go down 
+7
Addy
thejokeriv
tohostudios
corplhicks
Boris2008
Chrome Locust
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

Chrome Locust apologies  Empty
PostSubject: Chrome Locust apologies    Chrome Locust apologies  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:16 pm

Its probably an Irish, Dublin thing, our sense of humour is a bit different. If I offended anybody, I am sorry. I really mean that.

You see, Dubliners insult people to show affection; we really mean nothing by it, and we tend to take the p,iss 90% of our lives.

Dubliners are different to the standard Irish (some counties are really clannish) , insomuch, we are hard drinking true, but we are not a fighting type. We are not clannish in any shape or form and just love a laugh, ask any American who has come to these shores on holiday and met us. I put two NY cops up for 5 days in my flat (apartment) back in 1997 to save them a hotel bill.

I can see where I get misunderstood. I was using banter of Europeans V USA, and was just having a laugh. It is a culture thing. How can I explain: if an American walked into a local pub in Dublin, they'd have the piss taken out of them by us. May sound racist, but that is a Dublin welcome - it means we accept you, WELCOME, and don't dare think you'll be sitting on your own, you'll be drinking with us now and anything we can do for you we'll do to maximize your visit. Its twisted, I know, but its the way we are, very friendly.

I was joking about British metal and TV shows being superior to Yank metal and TV show. We grew up on American TV shows FFS! And American thrash is better than any speed metal we came up with. I think we have the edge on Heavy metal as we invented it, but give us something USA, can't let you guys have everything.

Again, sorry if I was misunderstood, I meant no insult to anybody on this awesome forum.

CL headbanger
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Locust apologies    Chrome Locust apologies  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:28 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:

I was joking about British metal and TV shows being superior to Yank metal and TV show. We grew up on American TV shows FFS! And American thrash is better than any speed metal we came up with. I think we have the edge on Heavy metal as we invented i.

CL headbanger

Dublin must be really different to the rest of Ireland! I'm from an Irish family (North & South) and I have noticed three things that are always true.

1. I have never met any Irish person that isn't at least a little bit in love with the U.S

2. I have never met any Irish person who doesn't hate the English at least a little bit.

3. I have never met an Irish person who isn't an East Belfast Unionist that would ever use the word 'we' when describing the British.

So yeah, pretty different lol!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Locust apologies    Chrome Locust apologies  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:28 pm

This all makes sense, and pretty much what I was theorizing, so no offense brother! I have complete respect for your country and hope to visit someday. You're a good man, CL. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Locust apologies    Chrome Locust apologies  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:32 pm

BTW, I'm not having a go at you, I also think that you are a good guy. I just suspect that you may well be about as Irish as Prince! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Locust apologies    Chrome Locust apologies  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 6:40 pm

One of the items on my "bucket list" is to visit Ireland one day. Beautiful scenery, good beer and good music...what more can you ask for?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Locust apologies    Chrome Locust apologies  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 6:45 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Beautiful scenery, good beer and good music...

And no snakes !
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Locust apologies    Chrome Locust apologies  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:02 pm

tohostudios wrote:
One of the items on my "bucket list" is to visit Ireland one day. Beautiful scenery, good beer and good music...what more can you ask for?

Awesome place!!! I want to go back someday.

And thx for the post CL
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Locust apologies    Chrome Locust apologies  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:10 pm

You didnt offend me so no worries Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Locust apologies    Chrome Locust apologies  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:26 pm

Chrome who now? surprised Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Locust apologies    Chrome Locust apologies  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:40 pm

Boy, I missed it.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Locust apologies    Chrome Locust apologies  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:48 pm

Chrome locust apologizes? scratch Does Chrome Locust always post topics in the third person?

DevZor approves! DevZor shall finish work and go home and drink what is most likely Irish beer in approval drunk
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Locust apologies    Chrome Locust apologies  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:58 am

Why apologize? The people here have insulted each other for as long as I can remember. Uncle Salad Tosser & I go back & forth all the time.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Locust apologies    Chrome Locust apologies  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:27 am

Because he dared to call Kiss BUBBLEGUM POP. Chrome Locust apologies  37951
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Locust apologies    Chrome Locust apologies  Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 4:40 pm

DevZor wrote:
Chrome locust apologizes? scratch Does Chrome Locust always post topics in the third person?

DevZor approves! DevZor shall finish work and go home and drink what is most likely Irish beer in approval drunk

YES he does when he's out of line - and no, I was out of line, hopefully make it up with my fellow metal heads . I don't speak in the third person when I say I love this forum, love my fellow metal heads. The Who still rule by the way, heh, heh. affraid
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Locust apologies    Chrome Locust apologies  Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 4:54 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Chrome Locust wrote:

I was joking about British metal and TV shows being superior to Yank metal and TV show. We grew up on American TV shows FFS! And American thrash is better than any speed metal we came up with. I think we have the edge on Heavy metal as we invented i.

CL headbanger

Dublin must be really different to the rest of Ireland! I'm from an Irish family (North & South) and I have noticed three things that are always true.

1. I have never met any Irish person that isn't at least a little bit in love with the U.S

2. I have never met any Irish person who doesn't hate the English at least a little bit.

3. I have never met an Irish person who isn't an East Belfast Unionist that would ever use the word 'we' when describing the British.

So yeah, pretty different lol!

We all love the USA - true - what's not to LOVE? Good folk. How in any way did I say otherwise? Also, To mention 'we' in Unionist context: I live in the South, fellah. In no way did I mention love for the Brits (I am half one) -- but u seem a bigot - laters Chrome Locust apologies  438278 Chrome Locust apologies  438278 Chrome Locust apologies  438278
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Locust apologies    Chrome Locust apologies  Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 5:38 pm

How am I a bigot? surprised

It was an observation of many years in an Irish family (I'm half English, kind of) so I don't hate English people, but most Irish, Scottish and Welsh people that I know do, not in a sinister way but kind of rooting for ANY other sports team other than England, others really do have strong feelings due to a lot of history, but I'll not get into that (If you want examples of some of the strength of feeling, just listen to some of Primordial's stuff)

You said that 'we' produce better Heavy Metal (than the U.S) because 'we' invented it, I took that to mean 'we' as in Brit (hence my comment), reading your comment back I realize that you could have meant 'we' as in European. If I have got it wrong then Boris2008 apologizes. I only mentioned the Unionist thing because they are the only Irish people that I've met that would use we in relation to the Brits, I wasn't suggesting that you were one as you have already said that you are from Dublin, nor do I have any problem with the good people of any part of Belfast.

I really didn't want to get into an argument with you (hence the 'I think you are a good guy' stuff)

To be honest I thought that you were Uncle Saxon (hence the Prince comment) If I am wrong then Boris2008 apologizes!
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Locust apologies    Chrome Locust apologies  Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:56 pm

[quote="Boris2008"]How am I a bigot? surprised

It was an observation of many years in an Irish family (I'm half English, kind of) so I don't hate English people, but most Irish, Scottish and Welsh people that I know do, not in a sinister way but kind of rooting for ANY other sports team other than England, others really do have strong feelings due to a lot of history, but I'll not get into that (If you want examples of some of the strength of feeling, just listen to some of Primordial's stuff)

You said that 'we' produce better Heavy Metal (than the U.S) because 'we' invented it, I took that to mean 'we' as in Brit (hence my comment), reading your comment back I realize that you could have meant 'we' as in European. If I have got it wrong then Boris2008 apologizes. I only mentioned the Unionist thing because they are the only Irish people that I've met that would use we in relation to the Brits, I wasn't suggesting that you were one as you have already said that you are from Dublin, nor do I have any problem with the good people of any part of Belfast.

I really didn't want to get into an argument with you (hence the 'I think you are a good guy' stuff)

To be honest I thought that you were Uncle Saxon (hence the Prince comment) If I am wrong then Boris2008 apologizes![/quote

I get ya, kiddo -- no worries, bro. Chrome Locust apologies  604261 Chrome Locust apologies  604261
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Locust apologies    Chrome Locust apologies  Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:06 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
BTW, I'm not having a go at you, I also think that you are a good guy. I just suspect that you may well be about as Irish as Prince! Laughing very hard

Dun Laoghaire born and bred, mate. South County Dublin. Ask any question, bro. I'm proud of my background. Top Hat was awesome for SEPPS, Metallica, Slayer, Jane Addiction, etc back in the early 90s.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Locust apologies    Chrome Locust apologies  Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:58 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

Dun Laoghaire born and bred, mate. South County Dublin. Ask any question, bro. I'm proud of my background. Top Hat was awesome for SEPPS, Metallica, Slayer, Jane Addiction, etc back in the early 90s.

I was sure that you even said that you were Uncle Saxon!!! Embarassed Apologies Bro.

Tbh, I couldn't really ask you too many questions about Dublin as most of my Family are in Belfast and Portadown with some in the South but mostly rural areas. We did always stop for a while in Dublin on the way home because getting the ferry at Hollyhead to Dun Laoghaire was easier than Liverpool to Belfast, so I have been to your neck of the woods but not enough to ask questions. Dublin is a great City but soo darned expensive!!

Apologies again to both you and Uncle Saxon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Locust apologies    Chrome Locust apologies  Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 8:18 pm

[quote="Boris2008"]
Chrome Locust wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

I was sure that you even said that you were Uncle Saxon!!! Embarassed Apologies Bro.

Tbh, I couldn't really ask you too many questions about Dublin as most of my Family are in Belfast and Portadown with some in the South but mostly rural areas. We did always stop for a while in Dublin on the way home because getting the ferry at Hollyhead to Dun Laoghaire was easier than Liverpool to Belfast, so I have been to your neck of the woods but not enough to ask questions. Dublin is a great City but soo darned expensive!!

Apologies again to both you and Uncle Saxon. Smile [/quote

U got that right - how anybody would want to tourist here, is beyond me? It is a total rip off - and the Tourism board wonders why nobody comes here? We used to get the Brits and the Yanks - and they wised up, pretty quick - like E5.00 for a pint of Ginness - and the pubs are wondering why they are going out of business? Our biggest import was the Brits and the Americans - and what I have heard on RADIO (And met) felt ripped off and will not be back. I saw a local pub owner try and charge an American tourist E8.00 for a pint: I jumped in and told the American to not pay that - Long story short, he didn't and was sad how Irish publicans (going out of business - no wonder) would do that. Every time I hear a pub close in my county, I'm glad, as they are thieves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Locust apologies    Chrome Locust apologies  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chrome Locust apologies
Page 1 of 1